Download Adobe Photoshop CS2 For Free Legally While You Still Can

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
Download Adobe Photoshop CS2 For Free Legally While You Still Can
Photoshop is seen by the overwhelming majority as the de facto pinnacle of image editing and manipulation. Whilst revered for its vast tool set, seemingly unlimited plugins and general, all-round power, it is out of the price range of many average users looking to learn / dabble in a little Photoshopping. Each year, Adobe beefs up its umbrella of Creative Suite products (encompassing Photoshop), with prices remaining higher than most other paid software out there, but in something of a turn up for the books, Photoshop has just gone free!

Before you smash open your “saving for Photoshop” piggy bank to splash on expensive champagne in joyous celebration, it’s important to note that we’re not talking about the latest version, rather the ten year old Photoshop (and Creative Suite) CS2. It would appear Adobe has grown tired of maintaining a bunch of activation servers to keep users on the right side of legal, and has simply caved, instead releasing it free of charge.​

Didn't they correct the "free" assumption about that download and clarify that it was really meant for those who paid for a copy even though they are ending their verification upon install for that version?

Not that I care... I picked it up too. however, and I say this having not the slightest talent using either, I kinda prefer Gimp.

I use it to make beer labels and other things.

For those who just want to have a tool to handle screenshots (or any picture) and do not need professional picture-editing features the free PicPick is a great solution.

Didn't they correct the "free" assumption about that download and clarify that it was really meant for those who paid for a copy even though they are ending their verification upon install for that version?

Not that I care... I picked it up too. however, and I say this having not the slightest talent using either, I kinda prefer Gimp.

I don't understand. Is it free or not? And which link are you referring to.

The legacy version which I linked is freeware.

It is not really free. The activation servers for this products are down now, so license owners could not activate their products anymore, if Adobe would not offer this "free" versions. This is why Adobe offers the software even in different languages.

But its very nice! Good guys there! I am even upgrading! From PS 7.0 to PS 9.0 (CS2) :cool:

Last edited:
To reiterate...photoshop (and Gimp) is professional image editing software. Not for the light-hearted. Both have significant learning curves and have many-many-many tools for professional photo editing.
For everyday cropping, contrasting, brightening etc. - there are many far simpler tools out there than Photoshop. It is $600 for a reason.

To reiterate...photoshop (and Gimp) is professional image editing software. Not for the light-hearted. Both have significant learning curves and have many-many-many tools for professional photo editing.
For everyday cropping, contrasting, brightening etc. - there are many far simpler tools out there than Photoshop. It is $600 for a reason.

Growing up has some significant learning curves also...... I'll let you know when I reach them......... :eusa_whistle:

Won't argue with you there. It is a bit of a pain in the ass, but you can't beat free.

I'd been running a pirated version for 10 years before it crashed. Don't think I ever mastered half its features. This download has tutorials included. Time to "brush" up. :)

Thanks for bumping this thread, Mr. H.

I must have missed it the first time around, and I'm gonna download this as soon as I get home.

CS2 is the last version I ever used, anyway.

Forum List

Back