Dow Near Record High - Again

How many times can you say something that is simply wrong before you realize your an idiot?

Global Crossing. In fact, I think it was bigger than enron. Enron was simply the darling of the MSM, so much for you never quoting "DNC talking points"

Fact is, if some of you, or any of you bumbleheaded liberals would get truly informed, you would see GBLC tells a tale that shows how both parties are corrupt to the core. The only solution is smaller govt at all levels. MUCH smaller.

GBLC is not and wasnt, partisan, they gave almost equally to both parties, got "doors opened" stock price took off, and they later declared bankruptcy. A larger bankruptcy than Enron, at least thats what my source told me. Every once in a while this guy is off on his stats, so I would have to double check the actual amounts of Enron vs GBLC. However, whether bigger, or second to Enron, GBLC was in fact another "cooked book" story.

The stock market rise was due to stocks purchased on the idea of FUTURE performance, rather than PAST performance which is the more traditional way of deciding to buy. Tons of these companies hadnt, and never did make any profit, while the numbers took off, the price of these stocks, many people lost untold thousands of dollars as these companies collapsed.

THese companies, the dotcom companies, drove up the stock market while not producing products, hence it was a false bubble priced market. ALso, the market and the US economy was handed to Bush in a downward cycle. Bush and his tax cuts turned it around.

you have expressed your OPINIONS as to the extent of the effect on the stock market of accounting scandals that occured throughout the 80's 90's and pre-SOX 00's. I happen to disagree with those OPINIONS. I have never said that there were not accounting scandals.... I have merely pointed out that they have been happening for quite some time and the stock market continued to perform throughout them. The fact that I disagree with your OPINION does not mean that I am an idiot, it only means that I disagree..... and your opinion is backed up by..... why, nothing, but more opinion.

and I am ALWAYS leery when someone approaches a very complex problem and proclaims that THE ONLY SOLUTION is their idea. There are almost always many more than one way to skin a cat.

RSR tell us about how rising gas prices are not caused by greed.

Come on, nobody can whore for the oil companies as good as you.

bfee-bedrock.jpg

cnn-whore-fox-prostitute.gif

Not that is has anything to do with this thread

What gouging?

Oil company profit is about ten cents per gallon - hardly a huge profit margin for the investment and work they perform

How many times can you say something that is simply wrong before you realize your an idiot?

Global Crossing. In fact, I think it was bigger than enron. Enron was simply the darling of the MSM, so much for you never quoting "DNC talking points"

Fact is, if some of you, or any of you bumbleheaded liberals would get truly informed, you would see GBLC tells a tale that shows how both parties are corrupt to the core. The only solution is smaller govt at all levels. MUCH smaller.

GBLC is not and wasnt, partisan, they gave almost equally to both parties, got "doors opened" stock price took off, and they later declared bankruptcy. A larger bankruptcy than Enron, at least thats what my source told me. Every once in a while this guy is off on his stats, so I would have to double check the actual amounts of Enron vs GBLC. However, whether bigger, or second to Enron, GBLC was in fact another "cooked book" story.

The stock market rise was due to stocks purchased on the idea of FUTURE performance, rather than PAST performance which is the more traditional way of deciding to buy. Tons of these companies hadnt, and never did make any profit, while the numbers took off, the price of these stocks, many people lost untold thousands of dollars as these companies collapsed.

THese companies, the dotcom companies, drove up the stock market while not producing products, hence it was a false bubble priced market. ALso, the market and the US economy was handed to Bush in a downward cycle. Bush and his tax cuts turned it around.

Despite all the doom and gloom from Bush haters like MM - the economy continues to roll along

Now, Dems like MM want to fuck it up by taking back all the tax cuts that caused the economic growth and strong economy

The Bush haters are truely in a fould mood as they see tax cuts work everytime - and it will make it harder for the Dems to raise them

you have expressed your OPINIONS as to the extent of the effect on the stock market of accounting scandals that occured throughout the 80's 90's and pre-SOX 00's. I happen to disagree with those OPINIONS. I have never said that there were not accounting scandals.... I have merely pointed out that they have been happening for quite some time and the stock market continued to perform throughout them. The fact that I disagree with your OPINION does not mean that I am an idiot, it only means that I disagree..... and your opinion is backed up by..... why, nothing, but more opinion.

NO, YOU ASKED someone to name ONE COMPANY other than enron, that cooked their books. This implies that you believe Enron did in fact cook its books and you want someone to name another company. I did exactly that by naming GBLC, and that IS NOT AN OPINION, ITS A VERIFIABLE FACT ASSHOLE. My advice is to re read your own posts before you go and attack someone else and make yourself look like a fucking idiot.
You fucking idiotic ass, my so called opinion about the market advance during those years is backed by a vast majority of experts who follow the market daily.

and I am ALWAYS leery when someone approaches a very complex problem and proclaims that THE ONLY SOLUTION is their idea. There are almost always many more than one way to skin a cat.

Yea, but to find out how a former cat was skiinned, if we have historical evidence of it, then we can describe or explain how it was done accurately.

to presume that the circumstances and market forces are identical and that, therefore, past solutions will achieve identical results is a presumption borne of ignorance....

and my point stands...when someone - like you - states that their solution is the ONLY way to achieve a stated objective, all I really do is discount the gadfly - like you - who made such a patently ridiculous statement in the first place.

Once again, Paul the Punk is unable to counter with facts

He posted the factual statement of the amount the oil companies make, in response to your factless opinion about how rich the oil companies are getting.
It is YOU who didnt respond with a fact. Talk about being punked, hahhahahahahhaha
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
BWAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

like I said...do you HAVE any proof of the quantitative effect of this supposed rampant book cooking by corporate america on the DJIA? yes or no?

You can go and research the FACT that unlike previoius history, where stocks were primarily purchased on the good past performance of a company, which leads a person to believe it will continue to do so, the market rose primarily on the IPO mania induced by many companies that showed promise and the belief that they would be very profitable in the future, but in fact many of them never made anything, and hence went bankrupt, which in doing so, since the bankrupt ones stock went from an inflated price , example: Stock A was priced at $150 per share down to 0 because it went out of business, this was done in enough mass quantity to be the largest factor, or at least one of the larger factors in the cause of the market decline.

do you even bother to read what you cut and paste?? There is NOTHING in that spam that even MENTIONS corporate scandals.

WHat the HELL IS THIS???? You fucking idiotic ASSHOLE:

"This administration was clearly hurt by being greeted with a recession and the implosion of the technology bubble – well before we ever passed any part of our economic policy."

odd.... are you suggesting that Global Crossing and ENRON were part of the technology bubble? Are you suggesting that the technology bubble was about accounting scandals?

to presume that the circumstances and market forces are identical and that, therefore, past solutions will achieve identical results is a presumption borne of ignorance.....

Listen, you retard, even investment companies which tout their ability to pick investments that will yeild a high return, make the disclaimer, "past performance are no guarantee of future performance."
If you dont understand this simple little fundamental truth about the market, you need to stay, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY far away. And that is that past performance is a strong and more than often indicator of what the stock will do, and help you decide whether to invest in that company or not.
Of course its not 100%, there are of course other mitigating factors, but the past performance is the biggest quite often.

and my point stands...when someone - like you - states that their solution is the ONLY way to achieve a stated objective, all I really do is discount the gadfly - like you - who made such a patently ridiculous statement in the first place.

Again, you are born out of retardation. My statement is a statement of facts that had already previously occured, and not a solution to any current situation as you accuse me of talking about.

Forum List

Back