Dow Drops 317. Time For Crackheads to Ween Themselves from Stimulus

They are expecting good labor news....always bad for stocks....

Moon, my friend, you do this a lot. You look at just one or two variables when you need to be looking at a whole bucket of variables.

And no good labor news is not always bad for stocks.

Investigate the part about interest rates starting to go back up. That's the scary part. Do you realize how even the smallest rise in rates will have a huge impact on our 17 trillion of debt?

Moon, my friend, you do this a lot. You look at just one or two variables when you need to be looking at a whole bucket of variables.

Investigate the part about interest rates starting to go back up. That's the scary part. Do you realize how even the smallest rise in rates will have a huge impact on our 17 trillion of debt?

Higher interest. less debt owed.

Higher interest. less debt

Just the opposite. Our debt just got more expensive.

Higher interest. less debt

Just the opposite. Our debt just got more expensive.

Not old debt...it's already locked in...

I already stated the why....good labor report=QE easing...fears...

And what happens after the easing...which I kiddingly call weening from crack. What happens to interest rates for example?

Some speculate a rise, of which is predicted at 1/2% by the fed...or .5

Ok, remember our debt is based on interest rates associated with bonds. Bond holders can start demanding more for the debt instruments they're holding....that includes from the government.

Everytime the stock market has a dip people come out of the woodwork acting like they predicted it, but as Moonglow mentioned anyone can sit there predicting a rise or drop in the future and they'll be right eventually.

Did all you people sitting on the sidelines saying it is gonna drop any day now miss the 35% rise from start of 2013? Let me guess, you all somehow rode that but then got out just in time yesterday.

We're due for a correction but one day with a big dip doesn't mean it is the start of a bear market, and it would take a hell of a prolonged drop to eat up all the gains since last year.

Everytime the stock market has a dip people come out of the woodwork acting like they predicted it, but as Moonglow mentioned anyone can sit there predicting a rise or drop in the future and they'll be right eventually.

Did all you people sitting on the sidelines saying it is gonna drop any day now miss the 35% rise from start of 2013? Let me guess, you all somehow rode that but then got out just in time yesterday.

We're due for a correction but one day with a big dip doesn't mean it is the start of a bear market, and it would take a hell of a prolonged drop to eat up all the gains since last year.

It's not about the correction. We've had a lot of corrections. They happen all the time. We've been talking about what's different this time throughout this thread. Go back and read.

It's not about the correction. We've had a lot of corrections. They happen all the time. We've been talking about what's different this time throughout this thread. Go back and read.
No, we haven't and no, they don't.

A correction is a 10% drop and we haven't had one since summer of 2011.

So what is the prediction of the wise ones, this time I'd like to hear it before something happens instead of popping up afterwards saying "I told you so!"

Is this the start of a true bear with a 20% drop? What is going to happen here?

Forum List

Back