Dow Down 600 so far Today

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Dividend and covered option yield is going up nicely. So, my question is how long will reinvestment stay in this sweet spot?

Dividend and covered option yield is going up nicely. So, my question is how long will reinvestment stay in this sweet spot?
The BIG recession is coming, and you can thank Brokeahontas! He does not understand economics or finance!!!

OOOMMMMGGGGG ITS CRAASSSHHHHIINNGGG HAAAA GGGG OOONNNN......this is the best way for it to go down ....much cheaper shares right away for 401....

Pupps wound down his leveraged long positions the middle of last week and went 20% leveraged short by weeks end. Pupps is now 100% short, with leverage...TZA, TECS, EDZ, and YANG. All positions have ccs written against them with ATM strikes.

Pupps wound down his leveraged long positions the middle of last week and went 20% leveraged short by weeks end. Pupps is now 100% short, with leverage...TZA, TECS, EDZ, and YANG. All positions have ccs written against them with ATM strikes.
The wife and I paid off our last debt in 92 so, I don't understand what you should be doing with leverage. What shocked me was that when I checked my screens today was that the number of issues that came up as being in my ballpark was three times as many as I had last month.

Many companies make a lot of their revenue peddling options; Apple for instance makes billions on selling options on its stocks; that's why its earning reports don't actually reflect sales volumes and profits. Right wingers think they deserve massive tax reductions for that for some reason, some stupid ideological rubbish or other they've invented out of their asses. These markets aren't driven by productive capital investments and productivity, they're driven by lunatics, so yes, they're going to fluctuate depending on which loons can be inspired to be the more active on any given day.

The wife and I paid off our last debt in 92 so, I don't understand what you should be doing with leverage. What shocked me was that when I checked my screens today was that the number of issues that came up as being in my ballpark was three times as many as I had last month.

Leverage can work wonders if you know how to use it...a disaster if you don't. You have to trade the market in front of you. This market has a negative bias. Leverage is just a profit / loss multiplier. I've used the 3x ETFs almost exclusively since 2008.

In 2008 I actually created a synthetic 3x long ETF by shorting Direxion's 3x short ETF on emerging markets (EDZ). This was before they introduced EDC. In the end, it's all about money. Leverage just enhances the effects of a given trade and opens the window to profit on the extra option premium awarded due to the inherent increased volatility.

A stock I've been watching for a while dropped into my buy range today and sort of leveled out there so I bought a few shares. I've used up all my spare trading cash recently so I'll have to transfer some funds from the T-Bill or savings account if I spot any more bargains.

What is this...third or fourth time theyve played this game?
Who knows? the big question for China is how much investment will switch from China to elsewhere where there are no tariffs and for how long?

Im more interested in tangibles and supply chains.plus all over south east Asia you have Chinese companies with their hands in everything . im gonna pick up the phone and say hello to my old forwarder and see what he has to say/thinks about june and july .

Im a lil pumped to see what develops
Not that i have any skin in the meatspace game its not like im buying greige goods 9 months out anymore ....if im right im gonna laugh my ass off.

heres part of your answer to your guessing game on which way the pendulum and trend is swinging ...for the moment

I dont take or give financial advice especially when people are rolling the bones

Foreigners Can Soon Own More China Stocks. But No One Wants Them
By Livia Yap
May 12, 2019, 5:00 PM EDT Updated on May 13, 2019, 3:48 AM EDT

A-share inclusion factor will double to 10% in May review

Overseas investors have sold $2.5 billion A shares this month

Overseas investors can soon own more Chinese stocks -- the trouble is they don’t seem to want them.
Foreigners are dumping mainland-listed shares at a record pace, just as MSCI Inc. prepares to expand their weighting in its benchmark indexes. Already this month, 17.4 billion yuan ($2.6 billion) of A shares have been sold through trading links with Hong Kong, putting May well on track to surpass the 18 billion yuan outflow in April.
Chinese stocks remain some of the best performing in world this year, yet about $1 trillion has been wiped from the country’s equity markets in just three weeks as the trade dispute with the U.S. returned to center stage. Concern that Beijing may pare back stimulus plans also weighed: the Shanghai Composite Index has dropped 11% from an April peak.

Many companies make a lot of their revenue peddling options; Apple for instance makes billions on selling options on its stocks; that's why its earning reports don't actually reflect sales volumes and profits. Right wingers think they deserve massive tax reductions for that for some reason, some stupid ideological rubbish or other they've invented out of their asses. These markets aren't driven by productive capital investments and productivity, they're driven by lunatics, so yes, they're going to fluctuate depending on which loons can be inspired to be the more active on any given day.

Apple for instance makes billions on selling options on its stocks;

They sell options on Apple stock? Where? CBOE? AMEX? PHLX?

A stock I've been watching for a while dropped into my buy range today and sort of leveled out there so I bought a few shares. I've used up all my spare trading cash recently so I'll have to transfer some funds from the T-Bill or savings account if I spot any more bargains.
My problem now is that the issues I own are being touted as the place to be until the trade war is over. That makes reinvestment a real pain.

Leverage can work wonders if you know how to use it...a disaster if you don't. You have to trade the market in front of you. This market has a negative bias. Leverage is just a profit / loss multiplier. I've used the 3x ETFs almost exclusively since 2008.

In 2008 I actually created a synthetic 3x long ETF by shorting Direxion's 3x short ETF on emerging markets (EDZ). This was before they introduced EDC. In the end, it's all about money. Leverage just enhances the effects of a given trade and opens the window to profit on the extra option premium awarded due to the inherent increased volatility.
I agree, I love this market. The leverage helped me a lot yesterday, great opportunities to sell premium on SPX and others. Leverage helps if used properly.
Those 3x SPY etfs are great! I'm going to try and short the market at the big crash using the inverse 3x, if I can pull it off. It's a tricky trade.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back