'Doubly Strange' Quark reinforces Standard Model, contradicts other findings

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by JBeukema, Jul 4, 2009.

1. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    I'll be honest here,. It's been a long time since I read up on particle physics, and I don't remember much of it :lokl:....

Press Pass - Press Release - DZero Omega-sub-b

2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    It's only theory still, the flaw in learning more about something smaller than the atom is we are limited to the atomic size constraint, simply because of being molecular based. This is why nano-tech is EXTREMELY limited. The one theory that has been demonstrated to be closest to fact is that energy and matter are made of the same basic particles, smaller than atoms, which means that anything utilizing energy could never "see" it. Right now most of the science involved is mathematical, and all thanks to chaos theory, without it we would never have considered it's existence.

3. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    Movin' on to new challenges at Fermilab...
    :cool:
    After Higgs Hunt, Fermilab Charts New Paths in Physics Research
    March 23, 2013 — Scientists in Switzerland announced earlier this month [March 14] that they are confident their experiments with the world's most powerful atom smasher have finally turned up the long-sought Higgs boson, also known as the “God Particle.” Discovery of the elusive sub-atomic particle, which scientists believe imparts mass to all matter, also provides tantalizing clues to some of the most profound mysteries of the universe.