Doritos Locos Tacos Sales Pass $1 Billion (Unrelated: We're All Doomed)

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Doritos Locos Tacos Sales Pass $1 Billion (Unrelated: We're All Doomed)

Have no doubt, the stoner economy is in high gear.

As of Saturday, Taco Bell has officially sold more than $1 billion worth of Doritos Locos Tacos, company spokesperson Ashley Sioson confirmed in an email to The Huffington Post on Wednesday.

The taco has been an enormous success story for Yum! Brands, which owns the chain. Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed in March described the rollout of the snack, which has reached near-cult status among the company’s fans, as “the biggest launch in Taco Bell history."

The company hired some 15,000 new employees last year in part to handle the growth that resulted from the snack’s enormous popularity, according to Creed.

Go, stoners!! Apparently, y'all aren't lacking in disposable income. :)

I read through this stuff and could not see anywhere that they described exactly what "Doritos Locos Tacos" are. Obviously, everyone knows what a Taco is; what sets these apart?

Your point seems to be that they are not substantially nutritious.

Please elucidate.

It was a brand mingling experiment that just seemed to take off.

Good for them for making money on something people want to buy.

Never had one. Time to try it. For lunch. Today.
Could be a new-found hangover cure. :thup:

Don't forget to come back and post a review!

I can't even imagine what kind of nasty-ass emissions will be created by eating those, and drinking beer!

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

No worse than White Castles at 3 AM after a beer-booze bender.

And some of that healthy stuff can turn a person's ass into a chemical-warfare experiment just as easy as this greasy awesome-awfulness can.

• Banned

I can't even imagine what kind of nasty-ass emissions will be created by eating those, and drinking beer!

And some of that healthy stuff can turn a person's ass into a chemical-warfare experiment just as easy as this greasy awesome-awfulness can.

I wouldn't know. Women don't fart. We just emit little pink puffs of air that smells like lilacs.

Occasionally, a tinkling bell may be heard as well.

I wouldn't know. Women don't fart. We just emit little pink puffs of air that smells like lilacs.

You owe me a new monitor.

spit-take-meme.jpg

You owe me a new monitor.

spit-take-meme.jpg

Damn straight I do.

;)

Reporting for duty. :salute:

Meh, they're just tacos. I got a Cool Ranch and a Nacho Cheese. Those flavors are only in reference to the taco shell they use. The Cool Ranch shell had a mildly sweet-salty taste and I quite liked it. Nacho Cheese shell had a more pronounced flavor. Almost like cheese-whiz.

Next time I go, I'll get the Fiery taco shell.

Reporting for duty. :salute:

Meh, they're just tacos. I got a Cool Ranch and a Nacho Cheese. Those flavors are only in reference to the taco shell they use. The Cool Ranch shell had a mildly sweet-salty taste and I quite liked it. Nacho Cheese shell had a more pronounced flavor. Almost like cheese-whiz.

Next time I go, I'll get the Fiery taco shell.

Sounds good! I don't do the fiery stuff, though.

On a side note, it was a good hangover snack. :D

You'll have to let me know if your ass concurs. ;)

I had "the big dump" early that morning, before I ate the tacos. Subsequent rectal effluent produced no ill effects.

Just saw a commercial for them and it only featured the Flamin' Hot variety.

I think I missed the boat.

Must resume my research...

Forum List

Back