Dont think gas stations are gouging?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Aug 31, 2005.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    How the hell is this justified?

[​IMG]

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/0805/31fuel.html

There is no freaking excuse for gas station owners to raise their prices 200% in 1 day. They are not endanger of losing any business or any money. People will buy gas regardless of the price and their isnt any shortage on the horizon. These scum bags get away with murder.

2. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Yep. and nobody can really touch them.

3. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    The "majority" voted for the guy who is currently the president. He's doing nothing about this issue, because he is part of the oil industry. If you voted for him, really you should not say anything. If you voted against him, better luck next time.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    you need to sleep nuke--or read the news---or watch TV--action HAS been taken---how can you possibly say NOTHING has been done to try to address the problem ?

This kind of statement shoots your credibility all to hell---If you wanna bitch about something at least gripe about what he has tried to do.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    It's not all gouging though. Ive heard that some areas of the country have no gas and there will not be another gas shipment for several days.... is it really that big a surprise that the gas prices are jumping?

I think its about time we started rallying against the environmentalists that have been keeping us from building more refineries. Let's stop putting these restrictions on us that are keeping us back. and well lets start using a bike more too....maybe we wont be as fat that way too;)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    You're right, I retract my statement. He's not doing "nothing". However I do wish he would make energy a priority and start encouraging alternate sources of energy, even if it is not 100% in the interest of his oil buddies. That would be leadership. If we don't get away from our reliance on fossil fuels, we are in trouble and our descendents are doomed.

7. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141

:thanks: :boobies: :clap1: :thup: :hail: :beer: :salute:

8. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    i remember when 911 happened and the caseys station gouged their prices... and got huge fines! they should be doing the same thing for these fuckers

9. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Price gouging going on here. Wish our governor would step into this situation with some threats like Gov. Perdue. Heaven knows, he travels around our state constantly and should know there's price gouging going on.

10. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    i talked to my grandparents yesterday, chatting about stuff and we got talking about gas prices, and how it is affecting them.

grammy told me because my they are retired and on a fixed income, they used savings, and went and filled their motorhome, which has an 80 gallon capacity. they are not travelling at this time because of my grandpa's upcoming surgery.

my grandpa invented his own cyphon (sp?) that eliminates sucking on the end of a hose and getting gas in your mouth, so if they need fuel for their lawnmower, ATV's (their main mode of transportation around town to neighbors, post office, etc.), they just get it from the motorhome.

they also filled both their truck and car yesterday, and used some savings to stock up on food and supplies so they don't have to travel the 13 miles into town for anything for at least 3-4 weeks, unless it is an emergency, because they live in such a small town, the main street is literally a post office, a bar/grill, and a church--total of 4 blocks. the rest are houses. The closest supermarket or target or walmart is 13 miles SW in Grand Rapids, MN