Don't get sick, and if you do, die quickly...

For those wondering what the Republican plan is, you can see it here in action:

Mom’s death is only relief from medical debt
After battling breast cancer and medical bills for years, a Texas mother dies, finally allowing her family to pay their debts and get insured
msnbc.com Video Player

This isn't a rare, isolated incident. I see this scenario played out every damned day and have for the last 25+ years. Fuck the right, fuck the insurance companies, fuck them all. We need single-payer and fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Mom’s death is only relief from medical debt
After battling breast cancer and medical bills for years, a Texas mother dies, finally allowing her family to pay their debts and get insured
msnbc.com Video Player

This isn't a rare, isolated incident. I see this scenario played out every damned day and have for the last 25+ years. Fuck the right, fuck the insurance companies, fuck them all. We need single-payer and fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Yeah! $60 Billion lost to fraud and $200 Billion in defensive practices ANNUALLY to defend against lawsuits isn't enough!

THAT'S 1/4 of a TRILLION EACH AND EVERY FUCKING YEAR!

WE NEED Mo' and Mo'' Bigger GOVERNMENT!

Yeah! $60 Billion lost to fraud and $200 Billion in defensive practices ANNUALLY to defend against lawsuits isn't enough!

THAT'S 1 Quarter of a TRILLION EACH AND EVERY FUCKING YEAR!

Fuck you too, Frank.

Fuck you too, Frank.

Emma, Medicare is something like 74 trillion dollars in debt at this point. The public option healthcare will be far worse...even though we don't have a perfect healthcare system, we just can't afford to sustain this kind of debt. It WILL ruin our economy.

Last edited:
and what did the democrats do to help this lady? obama's plan won't even take affect until after the next election, so it is an outright lie to say that this is an example of a republican plan

I don't think many progressives/liberals are very happy with the speed "Obama's plan" will be implemented at. But at least it's a real plan.

thanks for admitting that the democrat plan screwed this woman.....as you just admitted their plan would not have helped her....

:clap2:
sophistry. That's what this post above is, pure sophistry.

The Democrat plan did not screw this poor woman. A reliance on "free markets" which basically allows insurance companies to change the rules half way through the game, welsh on the bets they made with the insured and reap the profits screwed this woman.

Deregulation is the battle cry fro Conservatives. Watch as deregulation gives insurance companies free reign to vacuum up premiums while refusing to pay claims.

We've found the Fountain of Youth! It's the Democrat Party! Vote Democrats and you'll never die and never Grow Old.

Wendy! Peter! Let's attack that nasty Republican Capt Hook
If you think relying on 'free markets' will provide the best possible health care coverage, keep up the Conservative resistance.

If, on the other hand, you see every day how premiums, deductibles and co-pays go up, coverage gets eroded, dropped or revoked, and you're innately wise, you will run and hide from this Conservative mantra of "free markets".

Free markets unregulated by the people is licence to steal.

When I do get very sick, I do hope I die quickly.

Sometimes keeping someone alive isn't always the best thing. Just so they can suffer.

abortions and chemo are worse than torture yet doctors are paid to do both all the time.

Fuck you too, Frank.

Emma, Medicare is something like 74 trillion dollars in debt at this point. The public option healthcare will be far worse...even though we don't have a perfect healthcare system, we just can't afford to sustain this kind of debt. It WILL ruin our economy.

Truth washes off libruls like water off a ducks ass

When I do get very sick, I do hope I die quickly.

Sometimes keeping someone alive isn't always the best thing. Just so they can suffer.

abortions and chemo are worse than torture yet doctors are paid to do both all the time.
That's the ticket! Keep looking for the sunny side of life!

images

We've found the Fountain of Youth! It's the Democrat Party! Vote Democrats and you'll never die and never Grow Old.

If you think relying on 'free markets' will provide the best possible health care coverage, keep up the Conservative resistance.

If, on the other hand, you see every day how premiums, deductibles and co-pays go up, coverage gets eroded, dropped or revoked, and you're innately wise, you will run and hide from this Conservative mantra of "free markets".

You destroyed your own post. Nice work.

The "free markets" and medical insurance have nothing in common

Maybe if they were allowed to buy insurance across state lines....

You know, I keep hearing this being thrown out there. What good will this do? The insurance industry is in collusion and can set their prices at whatever they want. They are not going to do anything to lessen their massive profits. Why would they slay their golden goose? This will not bring any real affordable choices to anyone - there will just be more expensive bare bones coverage to choose from. Come on. This "markets will magically make everyting okay" crap does not work. We need a not-for-profit entity option. That is the only way we will get truly affordable health insurance options.

Free markets have zero to do with insurance, its anti-trust exempt and each has its own lil fife.

And that didn't happen the last 8 years, BOTH PARTIES made that happen.

The Dems plan for her would have been to hold her hand, and give her a booklet about end of life choices.

Defensive practices -- would you want your doctor to perform all tests possible when you have a potential disease or do you prefer your doctor to skip some?

and what did the democrats do to help this lady? obama's plan won't even take affect until after the next election, so it is an outright lie to say that this is an example of a republican plan

The Republican plan is to continue to allow the insurance companies to screw the sick.

Fuck them!

And the Democrat plan is to replace the insurance companies with the government and allow the government to be the ones that screw the sick.

Immie

Fine! Let's remove medical insurance from the vagaries and crimes of the free market and put it in the hands of the people!

Defensive practices -- would you want your doctor to perform all tests possible when you have a potential disease or do you prefer your doctor to skip some?

I prefer we not let our legal system feast off our medical system. We're the only nation that does that

Fine! Let's remove medical insurance from the vagaries and crimes of the free market and put it in the hands of the people!

The free markets competes away extraordinary returns. With few exceptions, largely for SuperCat, where there are only a very small handful of companies able to underwrite and shoulder the risk, if an insurance company is writing policies at a 10% return a competitor will come in and offer the same policy at an 8% return. See, the insurance business is more about investing the float than it is about writing policies with large returns

I prefer we not let our legal system feast off our medical system. We're the only nation that does that

So I guess you won't answer.

What is defensive medecine? Isn't it in part to render services you know have a little but not non-existant chance of being useful?

Anyways, the real solution to this is to have a national health care system, because in part, people won't have to sue to get medical expenses paid for medical malpractice since they know they will be covered.

Maybe if they were allowed to buy insurance across state lines....

Increasing the number of insurance companies will not change their general behavior towards making profits.

Basic 1 2 of insurance companies is follows
1) Insure healthy people--that is how you gain money
2)Abandon sick people. That is how you keep money.

No level or amount of competion a right winger can think up will change that.
That is why the suggestion of a Health savings account are endorsed by many conservatives and Libertarians. Yes there is a right wing-personal responsibility choice that is out there.

Buying insurance from, say, Wyoming or Utah, will not change that. That is a corporatists BS-propaganda line to keep the "maximum profit market system" going for them.

So I guess you won't answer.

What is defensive medecine? Isn't it in part to render services you know have a little but not non-existant chance of being useful?

Anyways, the real solution to this is to have a national health care system, because in part, people won't have to sue to get medical expenses paid for medical malpractice since they know they will be covered.

We already have a quasi-public system that is subject to $60 Billion in fraud annually and trillions underfunded, no fucking thanks

Last edited:

Forum List

Back