"Don't even fucking start with me man"... well how rude!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
Ah, the humorous moral dilemmas... got to love them at 6am in the morning!

To set the scene..... its cold and foggy out. The mist swirling in the still dark morning under the street lights.

Driving down the block..... out from a neighbors dumpster, is a hand with a small flashlight.

:wtf:

We drive around the block again to see.... if we did see what we had just seen. Yep, a hand with a light. We stop to investigate. :eusa_angel:

Its a dumpster diver stuck in our neighbors locking covered dumpster!! Some guy had slid back the lid just far enough to squeeze in.... but it would not move far enough back for him to get out.

We get out....and the guy is just pounding!

"what are you doing in the dumpster?" we ask.

From the depths comes comes a grumbled "I'm stuck"

"Is that your dumpster?" We inquire, knowing full well its not.

"Don't even fucking start with me man! Get me the fuck out of here!!!"

Oh my demands and a insult..... what should we do?? :badgrin: Should we let him out... or let him just him fester in the dumpster for a few more hours? Who knows.. could be anyone in there. Decisions, decisions.

"Tell ya what, we'll get you out. But we are going to call the cops and let THEM let you out."

"Fuck you man!"

Damn, you would think he would be a bit more grateful for the rescue, don't ya think?

:lol:

Last edited:
I suspect I would have felt sympathy for the guy, having to resort to digging through trash. Life can be tough sometimes. So, my inclination would be to help him get out.

However, the moment the entitled shithead said "Don't even fucking start...", I would have granted his demands by ceasing any attempts to assist.

Nothing wrong with asking for help. Demand it and you can kiss my ass.

• Banned
I suspect I would have felt sympathy for the guy, having to resort to digging through trash. Life can be tough sometimes. So, my inclination would be to help him get out.

However, the moment the entitled shithead said "Don't even fucking start...", I would have granted his demands by ceasing any attempts to assist.

Nothing wrong with asking for help. Demand it and you can kiss my ass.

oh no... this is not someone looking for food. This is a dumpster diver looking for discarded antiques and the like. So this is not someone resorting to digging trough trash to survive.... this was someone looking for good stuff that was getting tossed. The people who lived there died, and the daughter is clearing out the house.

• Banned
Let him fester, then call the police ;)

the dispatcher was cracking up! It took about 20 minutes for the cops to get there... and it took 6 of them to get him out. I thought they were going to have to get the fireman to come out and help......

:badgrin:

If something is in the trash/dumpster does it become fair game for anyone who wants it?

I have zero problem with trash pickers. But rude trash pickers? Stay stuck, my friend.

If something is in the trash/dumpster does it become fair game for anyone who wants it?

I have zero problem with trash pickers. But rude trash pickers? Stay stuck, my friend.

If it's a locking dumpster as syrenn said, it becomes the property of the waste hauling company. They make some pretty good coin recycling.

If it's a locking dumpster as syrenn said, it becomes the property of the waste hauling company. They make some pretty good coin recycling.

Ah, thanks for that info.

What about just regular trash (not locked) that people throw out?

We have trash pickers who ride through on trash night/morning taking things people are throwing out. We also have a 'can man' guy who rides his bike around and fishes out tin cans from people's unlocked recycling. He then takes it to the recycling center. Some are very upset by this because the recycling trucks pick up less recyclable material, but they get a flat fee regardless of how much stuff (if any) they pick up.

Not derailing the thread am just curious is all.

Absolutely. Discarders law 101....it has been known to apply to spouses....

We have trash pickers who ride through on trash night/morning taking things people are throwing out. We also have a 'can man' guy who rides his bike around and fishes out tin cans from people's unlocked recycling. He then takes it to the recycling center. Some are very upset by this because the recycling trucks pick up less recyclable material, but they get a flat fee regardless of how much stuff (if any) they pick up.

here it is against the law to pick though trash and take the recycling.... though it doesn't stop them from doing that.

If it's not locked, or surrounded by a security fence, it's fair game.

And municipal recycling trucks are a joke. Our town tells us to sort the recyclables by type, but when the truck comes by they empty all the tubs into the same hopper. But don't let Officer Nancy Fancy Pants see you put everything in one tub. That's a quick $25 ticket. She loves getting those tickets on her quota.

This is where it gets complicated.

The Supreme Court has ruled that, once something is in the trash, it is open season. In the strictest sense, this applies only to police, but it is also legal for people to dig through your trash and take whatever they want. some cities have gotten around this by declaring that recycling bins themselves are their property, and that anything in them belongs to them. After all, they make money off of it, in theory. That makes digging through the recycling bins illegal.

The Supreme Court has ruled that, once something is in the trash, it is open season. In the strictest sense, this applies only to police, but it is also legal for people to dig through your trash and take whatever they want. some cities have gotten around this by declaring that recycling bins themselves are their property, and that anything in them belongs to them. After all, they make money off of it, in theory. That makes digging through the recycling bins illegal.

So if I date a divorced woman, I need permission from the city council?

Seems a bit inconvenient.

:clap2:

beer.jpg

:lol: So bad. Kinda funny.

Forum List

Back