Done with Home Depot...Hello Lowes

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Had to go to my local Home Depot yesterday. We pulled up and low and behold they had a line at the door, Allowing only a customer in only when another customer left the store. It was like Home Depot had been taken over by the DMV.
Did not make any sense since Home Depot is a huge store and would be easy to maintain social distancing. If it was not for the wife wanting something specific at Home Depot I would not have bothered and headed straight to Lowes where there was no line to get in. Funny neither store required customers to wear a mask.
Later in the day I went to ACE to pick up a few more non essential items again they did not have a mask or entry protocol. So Ace and Lowes will be where I will be doing my shopping from now on. I will leave Home Depot to the paranoid hypochondriacs

Had to go to my local Home Depot yesterday. We pulled up and low and behold they had a line at the door, Allowing only a customer in only when another customer left the store. It was like Home Depot had been taken over by the DMV.
Did not make any sense since Home Depot is a huge store and would be easy to maintain social distancing. If it was not for the wife wanting something specific at Home Depot I would not have bothered and headed straight to Lowes where there was no line to get in. Funny neither store required customers to wear a mask.
Later in the day I went to ACE to pick up a few more non essential items again they did not have a mask or entry protocol. So Ace and Lowes will be where I will be doing my shopping from now on. I will leave Home Depot to the paranoid hypochondriacs

Best Buy is doing the same dumb crap here in Illinois....

What about Ace? That's one thing I really miss is small hardware stores. I go places and remember right where they all were. :(
There's a handful left here..out of how many there were, though? Oh man!

Last edited:

It really does not do any good, it is just smoke and mirrors to give them an appearance of making it safe to shop

..agree--they are never ''full'' when I went there
...you can't get C19 by just standing next to someone

Home Depot should worry more about making their stores more presentable and clean.
They are all dumps with very few customers around here. Lowes is shiny and clean, and organized. Menards has been revamping most of their stores.
Out of the big three here, Menards, Home Depot or Lowes, I predict that Home Depot will lose the battle.

Same with the WallyWorld stores up in Lake County....Stuck in Il doing a project for a couple more weeks, and it has become totally annoying....May make the trek up to Kenosha to do anymore shopping.

Home Depot should worry more about making their stores more presentable and clean.
They are all dumps with very few customers around here. Lowes is shiny and clean, and organized. Menards has been revamping most of their stores.
Out of the big three here, Menards, Home Depot or Lowes, I predict that Home Depot will lose the battle.
Lowe's supports anit-2nd Amendment shit....I do Menards as much as possible.

I remember sitting in the office and talking about the virus with a coworker. He said one thing which has rung truer every day.

"You have not seen stupid until this thing really gets goin"

I need to tie up some loose ends for the next one.

We should have about six months.

We cannot depend on 'experts' to direct us in a logical manner.

This is all a political charade which is detrimental to the populous..

I remember sitting in the office and talking about the virus with a coworker. He said one thing which has rung truer every day.

"You have not seen stupid until this thing really gets goin"

I need to tie up some loose ends for the next one.

We should have about six months.

we cannot depend on 'experts' to direct us in a logical manner.

This is all a political charade at the extreme detriment of the populous..
This is just the test run. By the "positive" results they got? There's no way they won't try it again.
This shit got the desired Global Warming results done within 8 weeks.

I pretty much live at Menards. Especially during 11% rebate days. Last purchase from Lowes was an appliance. They do have a good selection of those.

What about Ace? That's one thing I really miss is small hardware stores. I go places and remember right where they all were. :(
Yeah...this is definitely about something...and it ain't a case of the sniffles.

Even weeks later I am still shocked by the whole thing.

Yet everyone has acted just as any cynic (ME) would have expected them to.

Most politicians turned out to be yes me who protected the money and power structure.

Most corporations (Banks, Media) took the first opportunity to fuck over, lie, and deceive those who depended upon them.

This is a cruel MFer of a world man.

My local Papa John's was like this when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Only one customer was allowed to be in there at one time which is why I am glad that this health matter first got started after the weather finally started to warm up. I saw a girl standing outside the door waiting to be allowed in while I sat in the car.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

I am right with ya there. Miss those days also and remember when you knew the guy that owned the place. Now you go into stores and they are the size of four football fields. I installed all the computers in all the Home Depots in kentucky Ohio and Indiana back a few years ago when I was still chasing the almighty dollar. I found out I could make a living fishing and all of a sudden getting rich did not matter any more. Back to home depot when I was installing those computeres I bet I walked 10 twenty miles per day in those huge stores. My dogs were barking at the end of the day and forget it iif I had to run data cable to a computer it could end up being some work. Miss those small stores.

I pretty much live at Menards. Especially during 11% rebate days. Last purchase from Lowes was an appliance. They do have a good selection of those.
Never been to Menards, there are none down here. First learn of them by their Indy Car sponsorship

Never been to Menards, there are none down here. First learn of them by their Indy Car sponsorship
Big in the midwest. Same with Fleet Farm. Both started in Wisconsin.

Forum List

Back