Donald's bogus claim about Obama and "Fallen Soldiers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Hey now, go easy - "that's what he was told!" :)

Trump's false claim about Obama and fallen soldiers

President Donald Trump falsely claimed on Monday that former President Barack Obama didn't call the families of fallen service members.

"If you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn’t make calls — a lot of them didn't make calls — I like to make calls when it's appropriate," Trump said at a press conference in the Rose Garden when asked about why he had not addressed the recent deaths of American troops in Niger.

However, a former senior Obama administration disputed Trump's claim.

"President Trump’s claim is wrong," the ex-official said. "President Obama engaged families of the fallen and wounded warriors throughout his presidency through calls, letters, visits to Section 60 at Arlington, visits to Walter Reed, visits to Dover, and regular meetings with Gold Star Families at the White House and across the country."

Pressed by reporters later in the press conference, Trump then admitted he didn't know what Obama's practice was in regard to the families of fallen soldiers.

"Sometimes it's a very difficult thing to do, but I do a combination of both," Trump said, referring to calling and sending letters to the families. "President Obama, I think probably did sometimes, and maybe sometimes he didn't. I don’t know. That's what I was told."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back