Donald Trump Says He'll Quit The Race If Polls Turn Against Him

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
"I'm not a masochist."

Donald Trump said on Sunday that he will drop out of the presidential race if polling shows that he is going to lose.

"I'm not a masochist," the entertainer and Republican presidential candidate said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "And if I was dropping in the polls, where I saw that I wasn't gonna win, why would I continue?"

Trump expressed confidence in the predictive nature of polling.

"I believe in polls," he said. "How many elections do you see where the polls were wrong? Not that many."

Trump is currently leading in surveys on the Republican primary with 25.6 percent, according to HuffPost Pollster's average of major public polls.

Presidential primary polls are actually a notoriously poor indicator of a candidate's viability, especially toward the beginning of a race. Early front-runners like Trump often fall rapidly as the contest heats up.

Well, there it is, folks. Trump has set the stage for his anticipated exit. I feel safe in saying his poll numbers will definitely go down.

Does the Donald make you pee your breech cloth fakhota?

He's manufacturing an exit strategy. More precisely, a face saving exit strategy.

He has brought up issue(s) (illegal immigration) most other mealy-mouthed cowards run from. He may not be the answer but somebody needs to kick this FED GOVT right in the teeth and start to fix it.

He's manufacturing an exit strategy. More precisely, a face saving exit strategy.

He has brought up issue(s) (illegal immigration) most other mealy-mouthed cowards run from. He may not be the answer but somebody needs to kick this FED GOVT right in the teeth and start to fix it.

If Trump could be trusted he might have some credibility.

Judging from your avatar and moniker - I assume you're a right-winger. Am I correct? What part of "this FED GOVT" do you consider is mostly broken?

Judging from your avatar and moniker - I assume you're a right-winger. Am I correct?

I am registered Independent. I had huge rant typed below but wiped it out. Nobody would read it.

Judging from your avatar and moniker - I assume you're a right-winger. Am I correct?

I am registered Independent. I had huge rant typed below but wiped it out. Nobody would read it.

I consider "Independent" just a place where voters hide - so what are you really?

Twisting again? If anyone can get it totally wrong - it has to be you.

What he was speaking of is were he polling in the low single digits, he would drop out just as Scott Walker did. Have you ever remotely entertained any idea of simply being a mite truthful and honest in what you say? It doesn't hurt you or make you fat or anything to be honest ever once and awhile.

Twisting again? If anyone can get it totally wrong - it has to be you.

What he was speaking of is were he polling in the low single digits, he would drop out just as Scott Walker did. Have you ever remotely entertained any idea of simply being a mite truthful and honest in what you say? It doesn't hurt you or make you fat or anything to be honest ever once and awhile.

I really enjoy JMSU posters (just make shit up). Trump would be long gone before "single digits"...

Last edited:
What part of "this FED GOVT" do you consider is mostly broken?

Oh.......I missed second part below the insults.
Spending. Debt. Golden retirements. Fences and guards for them but not for us. Ponzi schemes. Can't be fired. Unlimited budget/staff. 5star travel. On and on. Against all of it. Stupid politicians with lack of any common sense. You could take any farmer out of midwest and they would do better.

What part of "this FED GOVT" do you consider is mostly broken?

Oh.......I missed second part below the insults.
Spending. Debt. Golden retirements. Fences and guards for them but not for us. Ponzi schemes. Can't be fired. Unlimited budget/staff. 5star travel. On and on. Against all of it. Stupid politicians with lack of any common sense. You could take any farmer out of midwest and they would do better.

Holy shit, you're a NaziCon. I suspected as much.

"I'm not a masochist."

Donald Trump said on Sunday that he will drop out of the presidential race if polling shows that he is going to lose.

"I'm not a masochist," the entertainer and Republican presidential candidate said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "And if I was dropping in the polls, where I saw that I wasn't gonna win, why would I continue?"

Trump expressed confidence in the predictive nature of polling.

"I believe in polls," he said. "How many elections do you see where the polls were wrong? Not that many."

Trump is currently leading in surveys on the Republican primary with 25.6 percent, according to HuffPost Pollster's average of major public polls.

Presidential primary polls are actually a notoriously poor indicator of a candidate's viability, especially toward the beginning of a race. Early front-runners like Trump often fall rapidly as the contest heats up.

Well, there it is, folks. Trump has set the stage for his anticipated exit. I feel safe in saying his poll numbers will definitely go down.
Can't Wait

upload_2015-10-4_20-42-19.png

Forum List

Back