Donald Trump is 'gaslighting' all of us -- WAKE UP

The OP is dreamy

I am not the topic of the thread. Please post your homoerotic fantasies about me in your diary. Thanks.

Got anything to say about the OP? No? Get lost.
I'm getting the sense that you were orphaned and your avatar came from a book on your end table called... the family album

Why do conservatives try so hard to be funny? Jesus, it's embarrassing. Stop trying to be cute, pipsqueak. Either you've got something to say about the OP or you don't. If you don't, go play with your crayons.

"Gaslighting"? Is that the latest pop idiocy and another left wing desperate fantasy? The ironic thing is that Barry Hussein's agenda (wean America off fossil fuel) would have driven the U.S. back into the 1890's gaslight era.

(CNN) Is Donald Trump really a "big fan" of the intelligence community, as he claimed on Twitter, or did he disparage intelligence professionals when he repeatedly referred to them and their work in sneer quotes about "Intelligence" briefings and the "so-called 'Russian hacking'"?

Did Trump mock a disabled reporter, or did your eyes, and the Hollywood elite make you think he did?

Did he convince Ford not to move a car plant to Mexico, saving American jobs, or was it all a fabrication for publicity?

Did he win the election with a historically narrow victory, or did he score a "landslide"?

The questions are endless, and the answers, unless you're paying very close attention -- all the time -- can require significant effort to ascertain. Reality is becoming hazy in the era of Trump. And that's no accident.
The fact is Trump has become America's gaslighter in chief.

If you've never heard the term, prepare to learn it and live with it every day. Unless Trump starts behaving in a radically different way after he becomes President, gaslighting will become one of the words of 2017.

The term comes from the 1930s play "Gas Light" and the 1940s Hollywood movie version (Gaslight) in which a manipulative husband tries to unmoor his wife, played by Ingrid Bergman, by tampering with her perception of reality. He dims the gaslights and then pretends it's only she who thinks they are flickering as the rooms grow darker.

That's only the beginning. He uses a variety of truth-blurring techniques. His goal is to exert power and control by creating doubts about what is real and what isn't, distracting her as he attempts to steal precious jewels.

Mental health professionals have made much of the practice, said to be a favorite of narcissists and abusive spouses. But more recently the tactical tampering with the truth has become a preferred method of strongmen around the world. Gaslighting by other means was always a common feature of dictatorships, but it has found new vogue as a more subtle form of domestic political control even in countries with varying degrees of democracy.

Now Trump has brought it to the United States. The techniques include saying and doing things and then denying it, blaming others for misunderstanding, disparaging their concerns as oversensitivity, claiming outrageous statements were jokes or misunderstandings, and other forms of twilighting the truth.

Recall the presidential campaign. By early summer, Trump had already accumulated a long list of statements he made and then denied making; enough that fact-checkers could hardly keep up. He told his supporters to "knock the crap out" of protesters at his rallies, adding "I will pay your legal fees." When confronted with the statement, he responded: "I didn't say that."

After mimicking a disabled reporter and seeing the video used as evidence against him, he repeatedly denied it, claiming his opponents should be embarrassed to say he did. "I would NEVER mock disabled. Shame!" The denials continued after Meryl Streep brought up the subject this week at the Golden Globes. With the video easily available, Trump's argument boiled down to "Who do you trust, me or your lying eyes?"

Rest here: Donald Trump is 'gaslighting' all of us(Opinion) - CNN.com

GREAT article. I've been looking for a word to describe what Trump has been doing, and now I finally have it. It's like sleight of mouth, and he's a natural, and boy did he dupe a bunch of stupid rubes. I guess conservatives like the abuse, eh? Maybe he reminds them of their big mean daddy who emotionally abused them as children.
CNN...fake news.

(CNN) Is Donald Trump really a "big fan" of the intelligence community, as he claimed on Twitter, or did he disparage intelligence professionals when he repeatedly referred to them and their work in sneer quotes about "Intelligence" briefings and the "so-called 'Russian hacking'"?

Did Trump mock a disabled reporter, or did your eyes, and the Hollywood elite make you think he did?

Did he convince Ford not to move a car plant to Mexico, saving American jobs, or was it all a fabrication for publicity?

Did he win the election with a historically narrow victory, or did he score a "landslide"?

The questions are endless, and the answers, unless you're paying very close attention -- all the time -- can require significant effort to ascertain. Reality is becoming hazy in the era of Trump. And that's no accident.

If you've never heard the term, prepare to learn it and live with it every day. Unless Trump starts behaving in a radically different way after he becomes President, gaslighting will become one of the words of 2017.

The term comes from the 1930s play "Gas Light" and the 1940s Hollywood movie version (Gaslight) in which a manipulative husband tries to unmoor his wife, played by Ingrid Bergman, by tampering with her perception of reality. He dims the gaslights and then pretends it's only she who thinks they are flickering as the rooms grow darker.

That's only the beginning. He uses a variety of truth-blurring techniques. His goal is to exert power and control by creating doubts about what is real and what isn't, distracting her as he attempts to steal precious jewels.

Mental health professionals have made much of the practice, said to be a favorite of narcissists and abusive spouses. But more recently the tactical tampering with the truth has become a preferred method of strongmen around the world. Gaslighting by other means was always a common feature of dictatorships, but it has found new vogue as a more subtle form of domestic political control even in countries with varying degrees of democracy.

Now Trump has brought it to the United States. The techniques include saying and doing things and then denying it, blaming others for misunderstanding, disparaging their concerns as oversensitivity, claiming outrageous statements were jokes or misunderstandings, and other forms of twilighting the truth.

Recall the presidential campaign. By early summer, Trump had already accumulated a long list of statements he made and then denied making; enough that fact-checkers could hardly keep up. He told his supporters to "knock the crap out" of protesters at his rallies, adding "I will pay your legal fees." When confronted with the statement, he responded: "I didn't say that."

After mimicking a disabled reporter and seeing the video used as evidence against him, he repeatedly denied it, claiming his opponents should be embarrassed to say he did. "I would NEVER mock disabled. Shame!" The denials continued after Meryl Streep brought up the subject this week at the Golden Globes. With the video easily available, Trump's argument boiled down to "Who do you trust, me or your lying eyes?"

GREAT article. I've been looking for a word to describe what Trump has been doing, and now I finally have it. It's like sleight of mouth, and he's a natural, and boy did he dupe a bunch of stupid rubes. I guess conservatives like the abuse, eh? Maybe he reminds them of their big mean daddy who emotionally abused them as children.
CNN...fake news.

Derp Durrrrrr FAKE NEWS!!!

It's an op-ed piece. Learn how to read. Comment on the content of the OP or get lost.

He never made fun of a disabilty you moron. He did the exact same thing when he was making fun of Ted Cruz and another time about some general. He had no idea the reporter was handicapped, and the man in question doesn't flail his arms around any more than Ted Cruz. He was making fun of the reporter for changing his story in order to try and discredit Trump about the Muslims celebrating 9/11. He was making fun of him being a retarded libtard hack, like yourself.

He never made fun of a disabilty you moron. He did the exact same thing when he was making fun of Ted Cruz and another time about some general. He had no idea the reporter was handicapped, and the man in question doesn't flail his arms around any more than Ted Cruz. He was making fun of the reporter for changing his story in order to try and discredit Trump about the Muslims celebrating 9/11. He was making fun of him being a retarded libtard hack, like yourself.

^ More gaslighting bullshit. How stupid do you think people are dude? Yes, he goddamn did make fun of the disabled man, you disingenuous hack. The video is there for the WORLD to see, you revisionist twat. Take your conservative bullshit and and shove it up your fucking ass -- no one believes your crap. You'll be called on your fucking lies every time from here on out.

^ More gaslighting bullshit. How stupid do you think people are dude? Yes, he goddamn did make fun of the disabled man, you disingenuous hack. The video is there for the WORLD to see, you revisionist twat. Take your conservative bullshit and and shove it up your fucking ass -- no one believes your crap. You'll be called on your fucking lies every time from here on out.

LOL congrats, you just posted the MSM edit that shows Trump doing the arm flail, then a still of the reporter, who Trump had no idea was disabled.

Now, here is Trump doing the same for Ted Cruz, proving he does the gesture for any moron.

LOL congrats, you just posted the MSM edit that shows Trump doing the arm flail, then a still of the reporter, who Trump had no idea was disabled.

Now, here is Trump doing the same for Ted Cruz, proving he does the gesture for any moron.

Trump has known the reporter for over 14 years, you gullible twat. Stop defending a fucking asshole who mocks the disabled, it reveals you for the soulless conservative ghoul that you are.

Trump has known the reporter for over 14 years, you gullible twat. Stop defending a fucking asshole who mocks the disabled, it reveals you for the soulless conservative ghoul that you are.

He didn't know the reporter for 14 years you idiot. The reporter met him a few times when he was covering Donald decades ago, as if Trump is going to remember everyone he has ever met decades ago.

He didn't know the reporter for 14 years you idiot. The reporter met him a few times when he was covering Donald decades ago, as if Trump is going to remember everyone he has ever met decades ago.

He knows exactly who he is, you Trump apologist. He's met him multiple times over the years and knows damn well he is disabled, you cretin. Do you always rush to defend the most degenerate sacks of shit imaginable, ghoul?

What a disgusting, sorry, pathetic excuse for a human being you are.

"In an interview on Thursday, Mr. Kovaleski said that he met with Mr. Trump repeatedly when he was a reporter for The Daily News covering the developer’s business career in the late 1980s, before joining The Post. “Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years,” Mr. Kovaleski said. “I’ve interviewed him in his office,” he added. “I’ve talked to him at press conferences. All in all, I would say around a dozen times, I’ve interacted with him as a reporter while I was at The Daily News.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/27/...new-york-times-reporter-was-misread.html?_r=0

He knows exactly who he is, you Trump apologist. He's met him multiple times over the years and knows damn well he is disabled, you cretin. Do you always rush to defend the most degenerate sacks of shit imaginable, ghoul?

He didn't know him, you think every celebrity knows every reporter that covers them? You're a dishonest piece of shit.

You still can't explain why he used the same gesture of confusion for Ted Cruz.

He didn't know him, you think every celebrity knows every reporter that covers them? You're a dishonest piece of shit.

You still can't explain why he used the same gesture of confusion for Ted Cruz.

Here it is again, you moral-free jackass:

"In an interview on Thursday, Mr. Kovaleski said that he met with Mr. Trump repeatedly when he was a reporter for The Daily News covering the developer’s business career in the late 1980s, before joining The Post. “Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years,” Mr. Kovaleski said. “I’ve interviewed him in his office,” he added. “I’ve talked to him at press conferences. All in all, I would say around a dozen times, I’ve interacted with him as a reporter while I was at The Daily News.”

Can you read that you fucking gimp? Or do I need to write that out on cardboard for you in crayon?

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/27/...new-york-times-reporter-was-misread.html?_r=0

So you just confirmed what I said, he met with him a few times over a decade ago. How many reporters do you think Trump has talked to in the last twenty years? You think he knows what they all look like, just because he calls them by their first name at a press conference or interview?

I DID. IDK how much more clear it could have been. Do you know how this forum thing works?

And I corrected your bullshit. Now, got any other comments about the gaslighter-in-chief? Or are you only interested in making the topic about me? Address the OP....or get lost.

Simple stuff, cupcake.
You corrected something I didn't even fucking say. So, no, you didn't correct shit. Perhaps in your feeble one-directional little mind.

You posted an image implying that Trump "whooped her ass" or whatever you were drooling out on your keyboard. Trump has also claimed that he won in a "landslide" victory. Both are examples of gaslighting, and I corrected both you turds.

Address the OP, fuckwit.
You didn't correct anything dumbfuck. You cant correct an opinion. He whooped her ass. By almost a fifth of the electorate. You can bring up history if you want, but, HONESTLY, it doesn't change shit.
IDK if you realize this but I WAS addressing the OP. Let me say that for third time. I WAS addressing the OP. Why are you scared to face reality?
You should be glad Trump won. Now you might not have to worry about Syrian refugees throwing your ass off a roof.

And you are wrong. You don't "whoop ass" by losing the popular vote by almost 3 fucking million votes. You don't "whoop ass" by ranking 46th out of all 58 election in the EV. Stop gaslighting. Stop your incessant lying. NO ONE is going to put up with this right wing bullshit over the next 2 years.

The fact that the presidential election is not based on the popular vote seems to keep eluding those of you suffering from liberalism-induced psychosis.

You claim he lost by 3 million votes, huh? How many absentee ballots were never counted nationwide? Got an answer? If you don't, your claim is based on nothing but your dreams.

Forum List

Back