Donald Trump Empire Sought Visas For At Least 1,100 Foreign Workers

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
55bc2da51d00002f00143885.jpeg

While touting his hardline on immigration on the campaign trail for the GOP presidential nomination, Trump's companies have been recruiting foreign workers.

Donald Trump is staking his run for U.S. president in part on a vow to protect American jobs. But this month, one of his companies, the elite Mar-a-Lago Club resort in Florida, applied to import 70 foreign workers to serve as cooks, wait staff and cleaners.

A Reuters analysis of U.S. government data reveals that this is business as usual in the New York property magnate's empire.

Trump owns companies that have sought to import at least 1,100 foreign workers on temporary visas since 2000, according to U.S. Department of Labor data reviewed by Reuters. Most of the applications were approved, the data show.

Nine companies majority-owned by Trump have sought to bring in foreign waitresses, cooks, vineyard workers and other laborers on temporary work-visa programs administered by the Labor Department.

The candidate's foreign talent hunt included applications for an assistant golf-course superintendent, an assistant hotel manager and a banquet manager.

Two of his companies, Trump Model Management and Trump Management Group LLC, have sought visas for nearly 250 foreign fashion models, the records show.

Trump’s presidential campaign and a lawyer for the businessman declined to comment. The Mar-a-Lago Club could not be reached for comment.

The analysis of Trump's history of actively importing foreign workers comes as he has emerged as an early front-runner in the race for the Republican nomination in the November 2016 presidential election. Trump has positioned himself as a champion of American workers whose livelihoods are threatened by illegal foreign laborers and the offshoring of U.S. jobs.

“I will be the greatest jobs president that God every created," he said in announcing his candidacy on June 16. "I will bring back our jobs from China, Mexico and other places. I will bring back jobs and our money."

More: Donald Trump Empire Sought Visas For At Least 1 100 Foreign Workers

So, he wants to make America great again - with foreign workers. Trump is such a major fraud. Maybe he's just not used to such scrutiny.

Last edited:

While touting his hardline on immigration on the campaign trail for the GOP presidential nomination, Trump's companies have been recruiting foreign workers.

Donald Trump is staking his run for U.S. president in part on a vow to protect American jobs. But this month, one of his companies, the elite Mar-a-Lago Club resort in Florida, applied to import 70 foreign workers to serve as cooks, wait staff and cleaners.

A Reuters analysis of U.S. government data reveals that this is business as usual in the New York property magnate's empire.

Trump owns companies that have sought to import at least 1,100 foreign workers on temporary visas since 2000, according to U.S. Department of Labor data reviewed by Reuters. Most of the applications were approved, the data show.

Nine companies majority-owned by Trump have sought to bring in foreign waitresses, cooks, vineyard workers and other laborers on temporary work-visa programs administered by the Labor Department.

The candidate's foreign talent hunt included applications for an assistant golf-course superintendent, an assistant hotel manager and a banquet manager.

Two of his companies, Trump Model Management and Trump Management Group LLC, have sought visas for nearly 250 foreign fashion models, the records show.

Trump’s presidential campaign and a lawyer for the businessman declined to comment. The Mar-a-Lago Club could not be reached for comment.

The analysis of Trump's history of actively importing foreign workers comes as he has emerged as an early front-runner in the race for the Republican nomination in the November 2016 presidential election. Trump has positioned himself as a champion of American workers whose livelihoods are threatened by illegal foreign laborers and the offshoring of U.S. jobs.

“I will be the greatest jobs president that God every created," he said in announcing his candidacy on June 16. "I will bring back our jobs from China, Mexico and other places. I will bring back jobs and our money."

Trump is such a major fraud. Maybe he's just not used to such scrutiny.

Trump has been all over the place for 25 plus years. I would not take his word if he said night is dark and day is light.

Trump has been all over the place for 25 plus years. I would not take his word if he said night is dark and day is light.

I agree, but about 25% of the Republican base think he is a God. I look forward to Trump and Palin teaming up.

Still unable to distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants I see. Also just over an average of 70 visa requests a year out of how many 10's of thousands employees, your desperation is really showing.

I agree, but about 25% of the Republican base think he is a God. I look forward to Trump and Palin teaming up.

that is only because the congressional GOP has done NOTHING to slow the tide of illegal immigration, NOTHING on border security etc etc. And until proven otherwise I believe Trump will go 3rd party, due to a combination of ego and past ties to the Clintons (back in the early 1990's).

Still unable to distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants I see. Also just over an average of 70 visa requests a year out of how many 10's of thousands employees, your desperation is really showing.

Couldn't those jobs have gone to Americans?

Visa means he wanted to bring them in LEGAL.
How about the ILLEGAL who just shot and killed TWO injuns today?

So, he wants to make America great again - with foreign workers. Trump is such a major fraud. Maybe he's just not used to such scrutiny.

While touting his hardline on immigration....
= LIE

Ehrmagerd, Donald Trump tried to abide by immigration laws instead of just breaking them! What is the world coming to?!

I don't recall Donald Trump ever having a problem with legal immigrants who follow the rules, but I realize that you're such an ignorant, bigoted douche canoe that you can't tell the difference. All them little brown guys look alike to you, huh?

Couldn't those jobs have gone to Americans?

Temporary visas, ever thought he might be bringing in people from overseas to train them for his foreign holdings?

So is the Don's...

Right, he's just out there having fun.
He's doing what he has done before, nothing new..

Soooooooooooooooo......................where's the desperation again?

So is the Don's...

Right, he's just out there having fun.
He's doing what he has done before, nothing new..

Soooooooooooooooo......................where's the desperation again?
In my need for weed....

An exclusive from Reuters:

Exclusive Donald Trump s companies have sought visas to import at least 1 100 workers Reuters

And most of those requests for appoved. Not only that, look at the kinds of jobs he gots visas for:

So, all of things we have accused some American entenpreneurs of doing in hiring illegal immigrants to do their work under the table, Donald Trump has been openly doing and it's there for all to see. He brought in foreign workers to do jobs that most Americans can do any time, well, except the model stuff.

This is the man screaming about building a wall and making Mexico pay for it. This is the man who calls Mexicans "rapists" "drug dealers" and "murderers". This is the man who say he wants to "Make America great again".

Donald Trump is a joke. I really, really, really hope he gets the GOP nomination.

Now, let's see people try to defend this:

"It's just a fraction of his business"
"Isolated incidents"
"Trump didn't know, he's a big businessman with lots to do!"

:D

Forum List

Back