Don Mattingly

If they can't put the all time hit leader in the Hall then who cares?

But no, it has to be a beauty contest.

If they can't put the all time hit leader in the Hall then who cares?

But no, it has to be a beauty contest.

Not that I paid much attention, but as good as Mattingly may have been, the team didn't make the playoffs until the end of his career & never played in a World Series! They were owned by Boston w/ Clemons pitching & remained in the wilderness w/ a losing record until Buck Showalter took over and started harvesting the talent that would take the Yankees back to glory in ther 90's after Mattingly retired! :dunno: :stir:

Not that I paid much attention, but as good as Mattingly may have been, the team didn't make the playoffs until the end of his career & never played in a World Series! They were owned by Boston w/ Clemons pitching & remained in the wilderness w/ a losing record until Buck Showalter took over and started harvesting the talent that would take the Yankees back to glory in ther 90's after Mattingly retired! :dunno: :stir:

I think he belongs in the HOF. I don’t have the stats in front of me right now but I recall them being impressive.

I remember Mike Fransesa saying Donny Baseball was a better baseball player than Patrick Ewing was a basketball player. Ever since then I stopped listening to what he was saying.

Matting at his peak was amazing, but he didn’t do enough in total to be worthy of the hall.

I remember Mike Fransesa saying Donny Baseball was a better baseball player than Patrick Ewing was a basketball player. Ever since then I stopped listening to what he was saying.

Matting at his peak was amazing, but he didn’t do enough in total to be worthy of the hall.
on the JAWS listing for 1st baseman Mattingly is no 39 jaws no 42.4.....Freddie Freeman is no 26 his no is 55.3.....Paul Goldschmidt is no 17 61.8.....there are like 16 non hall of famer ist basemen ahead of him on that list.....

I'd like to see some of those names.
i gave you 2 of them....here is a few more....
Albert Pujols is no 2..jaws no 101.7
Miguel Cabrera is no 11 jaws 67.4
Joey Votto is no 12 jaws 64.5
Rafael Palmeiro is no 13 71.9
Keith Hernandez is no 21....jaws 60 .3
Don Mattingly is no 39....jaws 42.4...

Forum List

Back