Doggie abuse

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
My boss was telling me the other day about a dog we got in who had been so neglected that his collar ,which I believe was a metal choker,was dug into the dog's neck. In other words,the skin had started to grow over the collar and there were magets eating away at his neck!!! My boss took the dog to the vet,called the people and told them if they wanted their dog back,that's where he was. SHouldn't there be some kind of punishment for this kind of thing? It makes so angry I can't stand it!!! What kind of punishment does this deserve in your opinion?

what state/city do you live in? Is there an SPCA or any other type of animal control unit? This is at the minimum a case of neglect and most likely the owner could be arrested for cruelty to animals.

That's the kind of person I'd turn PETA loose on.. (You'll always find some nutcase willing to go after an owner like that with everything they have - legal, or not.)

SmarterThanYou said:
what state/city do you live in? Is there an SPCA or any other type of animal control unit? This is at the minimum a case of neglect and most likely the owner could be arrested for cruelty to animals.

I live in Cincinnati,Ohio. WE do have a SPCA,but can't say I am to crazy about them since they were nailed a couple of years ago for destroying animals before they were completely dead,along with some other places in the area. I suppose they still would have come out and ticketed the guy.

Shattered said:
That's the kind of person I'd turn PETA loose on.. (You'll always find some nutcase willing to go after an owner like that with everything they have - legal, or not.)

Me too,I'm not a huge fan of PETA,but I wouldn't mind seeing of those crazies go off on themHow f'*** lazy does one have to be that they can't even pull the collar off when it's getting to tight?

krisy said:
I live in Cincinnati,Ohio. WE do have a SPCA,but can't say I am to crazy about them since they were nailed a couple of years ago for destroying animals before they were completely dead,along with some other places in the area. I suppose they still would have come out and ticketed the guy.
you may not even need to go to them. The local cops CAN, if they are of a mindset to deal with animal crimes, ticket the owner. It would be worth a look, in my opinion.

Forum List

Back