Dog killer gets 5 years

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
By M.K. Guetersloh
[email protected]

PONTIAC -- When Sadie the dog was attacked in October 2002, her killer had an opportunity to change his course of action, Judge Harold Frobish said Thursday.
Instead, the attacker beat Sadie with a hammer and left her to hang by a chain at Buck's Garage, where her owner found her the following morning.

Frobish sentenced Michael Singleton, 20, of Pontiac to five years in prison for animal torture and cruelty. After a three-day jury trial in November in Livingston County Circuit Court, he was found guilty of killing the dog and burglarizing Buck's Garage.

He was acquitted of a charge that accused him of burglarizing Scotty's Place, a tavern near Buck's Garage.

"The animal cruelty charge requires consideration because you had an opportunity to change course," Frobish said. "Instead, you engaged in an attack on the dog and following that was the sadistic hanging of the dog."

Frobish also sentenced Singleton to a five-year term in prison for the burglary. Both sentences will be served at the same time.

At Thursday's hearing, Singleton and his attorney, Randall Morgan, maintained that Singleton did not kill Sadie.

Briefly, Singleton said he was sorry the dog was dead.

"The only thing I want to say is what I wanted to tell Mr. Sewell at my trial," Singleton told the court. "I'm sorry his dog died, and I wish that it never happened. I know what it is like to be close to a dog. I hope that if he thinks I did this, that he can forgive me."

At Singleton's sentencing hearing, his mother, Cynthia Singleton, testified her son had gotten into a little trouble as a child but that he had plans to contribute to society in life. She said he wanted to join the Marine Corps and become a firefighter.

Charges of burglary and arson relating to the October 2002 fire at Hoffrichter's Westside Lumber are still pending against Singleton. He is still scheduled to go to trial on those charges on Jan. 20.

link

I wouldn't mind a few minutes with a hammer and this sumbitch myself. :death: Its a good thing he didn't do this to my dog.

hell 5 years is way to leniant for this ass fuck!
but i guess hes going to be getting his in jail :slap: :suck:

That is just horrible, it really kills me to read stuff like this, the sick people that are out there.

Give the ratbag 5mins from me Mtnbiker, it is a shame you can't hold of the bastard.:mad:

This makes me sick. The sentence should have been longer. People who torture and kill animals generally move on to humans.

Forum List

Back