Does violent speech of muslims have effect on violence?

Interesting. We know Imams make direct orders to Muslims to kill infidels. They don't post images with crosshairs and hope Soldiers of Allah get the hint.

Who are the "Imams" in American culture?

What about the prominent Muslims, Imams or otherwise, who don't speak out forcefully against terrorism?

Do they contribute to terrorism?

I was wondering how people came down on this one.

Does it effect the actions of unbalenced muslim followers and possibly help spurn violent action?

A very good Point there.

Seems like a lot of coverage recently on the rhetoric a Muslim Cleric said.
I even recall a thread on here from one on the right saying in essesce. See how evil they are.

Insults??/

come on tell me what the line is in your mind.

If in the next presidential election Obama says my opponent should be taken out while he holds a machete is that OK?

If my senator says that his opponent has bombed at his job and then lights a fuse with the guys picture attached its ok?

Is there a clear line that we can all agree on or is it just random what is too much?

There is no line, speech is protected. Nice speech needs no protection, its political rhetoric that needs protection.

Leave our right to free speech alone.

Please , no one has suggested any banning of anything, this is a cultural discussion about what our collective society can deside on.

Im asking from a moral point not from a legal point.

I am trying to understand you and trying to help you understand me.

I really and truely believe in my core of cores that infering violence on a political opponent is unhealthy for our poltical discourse.

I ussed to tease people and call names all day long, hell so does everyone else here.
I never threatened violence, I did on a couple of occations infer I would protect myself when someone threatened me.
I have stopped that for at least as long as I can muster it to try and REALLY and TRUELY TRY to understand the perameters of the other side and mines differances.

Im trying, Im really trying.

I jsut cant see how its good for us as a people to infer violence in our poltical sphere.

There are many Christians who preach hatred of Muslims and liberals from the pulpit.

that is a fact. Take it however you want.

I dont think any religion that claims peace and love should tolerate their fellow believers to preach hate.

It always happens though which is why I have so very little respect for organized religion

Does it effect the actions of unbalenced muslim followers and possibly help spurn violent action?

It appears everyone here is dancing around your question, so I'll answer. Yes it does. Not only unbalanced Mulsims but extremist Muslims.

The wingnuts have blamed Muslims for the terrorism merely because too many of them don't condemn it loudly enough.

What would you say to someone who called for the killing of the rich?
And someone did it?

It appears everyone here is dancing around your question, so I'll answer. Yes it does. Not only unbalanced Mulsims but extremist Muslims.

I agree, but then I have always thought violent speach effected people.

This young insane man is 22, hes the same age as my son. My son and I talk poltics all the time. This has been a very tuff time period for anyone to have to grow up in. My son saw 911 from his seat in a junior high class room.

This age group has seen so much evil, lying and bullshit in the poltical sphere.

My son thank goodness is a bright well balenced young man who suffers no mental illnesses.

I feel for the kid who did this.

I know many will be angry are me for feeling for him but he was OUT OF HIS MIND.

Its very likely that his mentzal condition was prefectly treatable wtih the proper drugs.

Its a chemical imbalence in the brain, this kid did not ask to have a chemical imbalence and he didnt ask to be raised in Americas hot bed of partisan politics of arizona.

I can tell you about the many things I have heard said in public about politics and poltical figures.

What was the tenor of the poltical speech this kid heard all his life?

Is the culture and tradition of Moslem people violent is a better question.

How does one determine how much of the culture of violence is still romanticized by Moslems.

.. Yet another question equally applicable to christian society. Certainly one can point to romanticized violence by christians .. including in the bible itself.

Restricting any additional free speech is wrong. I think we have the right amount of laws (such as you can't just yell out "fire" in a movie theater, make death threats). Outside of that-I think banning any speech is very dangerous. Those who wish to ban the speech of those who don't agree with them don't understand what America is all about-regardless of how much they think they do.

please please please realize NO ONE has suggested banning any speach, this is a discussion of culture and self control

This young insane man is 22, hes the same age as my son. My son and I talk poltics all the time. This has been a very tuff time period for anyone to have to grow up in. My son saw 911 from his seat in a junior high class room.

This age group has seen so much evil, lying and bullshit in the poltical sphere.

My son thank goodness is a bright well balenced young man who suffers no mental illnesses.

I know many will be angry are me for feeling for him but he was OUT OF HIS MIND.

Its very likely that his mentzal condition was prefectly treatable wtih the proper drugs.

Its a chemical imbalence in the brain, this kid did not ask to have a chemical imbalence and he didnt ask to be raised in Americas hot bed of partisan politics of arizona.

I can tell you about the many things I have heard said in public about politics and poltical figures.

Perhaps the political tenor he heard didn't make any difference. It depends on his mental condition. What political talk encourages him to go after youngsters on his bike saying, "I'm coming after you!"? None.

His apparent grievance was against grammar and currency. Nothing against Democrats or Republicans. He was ill and no one sought help for him. Nothing has come about to indicate it was political. His target could have been a newscaster or any celebrity.

I dont understand what you are trying to say with that video could you clairify for me?

Perhaps the political tenor he heard didn't make any difference. It depends on his mental condition. What political talk encourages him to go after youngsters on his bike saying, "I'm coming after you!"? None.

His apparent grievance was against grammar and currency. Nothing against Democrats or Republicans. He was ill and no one sought help for him. Nothing has come about to indicate it was political. His target could have been a newscaster or any celebrity.

But many of the things he said had political referances.

I dont think you can try to make perfect sense of the ramblings of a sick mind but I do think the life that surrounded this young man can be completely negated.

He lived in a place that has been very much a hotbed of political heat.

I dont understand what you are trying to say with that video could you clairify for me?

Speech aimed to foment violence is not necessarily spittle and foam. It can be calm and reasoned.
Muslims who commit what the west calls terrorism are invested in scripture and intellectual arguments on the righteousness of Islam and the wrongness of zalm.

Forum List

Back