Does this frustrate all NFL fans when they watch a NFL game?

Referees in ALL sports have a very tough job, and the vast majority of the referees take a lot of pride in what they do, and do not favor one team or one player over another.

Hell, Little League baseball games can be difficult to umpire. I umpired and coached for many years. Both are difficult to do, not because of the players, but because of the PARENTS.

Some refs already have it in their mind that they are going to do whatever to keep the drive alive

Have you ever seen a QB throw a incomplete pass on 3rd and 16 and then a flag comes 10 mins later?

Referees in ALL sports have a very tough job, and the vast majority of the referees take a lot of pride in what they do, and do not favor one team or one player over another.

Hell, Little League baseball games can be difficult to umpire. I umpired and coached for many years. Both are difficult to do, not because of the players, but because of the PARENTS.

Some refs already have it in their mind that they are going to do whatever to keep the drive alive

Have you ever seen a QB throw a incomplete pass on 3rd and 16 and then a flag comes 10 mins later?

Nope...Can't say I've seen a flag come in ten minutes after the play is over... That would be weird.

Nope...Can't say I've seen a flag come in ten minutes after the play is over... That would be weird.

Then you never watched a NFL game

Now you just talkin crazy.

Without exaggerating I am certain I have seen somewhere between 1200-1500 NFL games...possibly many more than that. Come to think about it the number is surely more than 2000. I'm 65...you do the math.. 7-8 games a week thruout the seasons.

NOW that said...I wouldn't be adverse to questions about my memory.. Sometimes I can't find my keys... THAT happened maybe 2-3 times in the last ten years. Sometimes I have woke up with a hottie lying next to me and I couldn't remember her name.. THAT's happened more times than I would like to admit.

BUT I gotta tell ya that my Gramps played Pro Ball and my dad played in HS till the "injury"...so I got a heavy dose of football since I was a little scamp. I watched football whether I wanted to or not.

NEVER Question if I have seen an NFL game... NEVER !!!!

Now you just talkin crazy.

Without exaggerating I am certain I have seen somewhere between 1200-1500 NFL games...possibly many more than that. Come to think about it the number is surely more than 2000. I'm 65...you do the math.. 7-8 games a week thruout the seasons.

NOW that said...I wouldn't be adverse to questions about my memory.. Sometimes I can't find my keys... THAT happened maybe 2-3 times in the last ten years. Sometimes I have woke up with a hottie lying next to me and I couldn't remember her name.. THAT's happened more times than I would like to admit.

BUT I gotta tell ya that my Gramps played Pro Ball and my dad played in HS till the "injury"...so I got a heavy dose of football since I was a little scamp. I watched football whether I wanted to or not.

NEVER Question if I have seen an NFL game... NEVER !!!!

I actually didn't mean 10 mins. I mean the pass is incomplete and the defense starts to run off the field and then..................there is the flag in the air

I'm sure you seen that

Sometimes I wonder if it hasnt wandered into the WWF zone.......picking winners and losers in advance

Sometimes I wonder if it hasnt wandered into the WWF zone.......picking winners and losers in advance

Speculating on how a season will play out is part of the fun...or aingst for the fans.

Nobody is curing cancer around here anyway so it's not like a hobby or interest like the NFL is hurting anyone.

Sometimes ..a season will surprise you and the many years of hoping for success is rewarded.

I don't believe the NFL is rigged like wraslin or Little League Baseball.

There are no "ringers" in the NFL. All it takes are a few key injuries and a team's trajectory for success can change completely.

As much as the NFL officials would like to keep all teams on an equal basis..AKA "parity".. or even give preference to popular players or teams when they come up short for the purpose of keeping fan interest high and those advertising dollars rolling in along comes a team that stays healthy and just flat plays better and wants it more.

The way the NFL screws around with what is legal or not is about all they can do to influence a team's chances. The funny thing is that all teams must play by the same rules so this new "LOB" rule change may be intended to slow down the Seahawk's defense but it will not. Not all players are just dumb jocks that skated their way through college into the pros. Richard Sherman plays the angry black male like nobody's bidnez but the truth is he received an A plus GPA at Stanford University. The real reason he has been successfull in the pros is that he is extremely intelligent and studies his opponents so he knows exactly how to play them. Earl Thomas is the same way. So are Kam Chancellor and Byron Maxwell. They are the players that make up the Legion of Boom...thought to be thuggish bullies by the media...they are anything but that. Not only are they arguably the most gifted athletes on any secondary...I would bet dollars to donuts they are the smartest.

The one thing the officials are NOT allowed to do is show a preference for one team over the other during a game.

Flags...shmags ... as long as the officials calls are made the same for both teams my money is on the Seattle Seahawks.

Forum List

Back