Does the truth hurt?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by miami_thomas, Sep 7, 2012.

1. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    If Democrats did not play to the races, would those races that want to be played still vote for Democrats? If Democrats did not play to the gays, would the gays that want to be played still vote for Democrats? If Democrats did not play to the Jewish, would the Jewish that want to be played still vote for Democrats? If Democrats did not play to the Muslims, would the Muslims that want to be played still vote for Democrats? If Democrats did not play to the poor, would the poor that want to be played still vote for Democrats? If Democrats did not play to the middle class, would the middle class that want to be played still vote for Democrats? If Democrats did not play to the atheists, would the atheists that want to be played still vote for Democrats?

Would the Democrats just based on actual policies ever be able to win a single election? I’m guessing someday soon we will find out. That is because all the playing is becoming more difficult. With the cell phone videos, utube, twitter, and all the social advances, Democrats are finding it much more difficult to tell their lies. They are constantly starting to be caught in their playing and being shown who they really are. Then they have to tell more lies to cover up the lies and even though they still have a willing mainstream media and academia willing to cover for them the lies are still getting exposed. I believe it is only a matter of time before things collapse within the party. Question is will it be reborn with the same name or will there be an all new party all together.

2. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,069
    Obama is cruising.

Why is that so? Nobody can figure out what the GOP is for. Romney's medicare plan isn't complete--60 days prior to the election. Here is a quote from his website "detailing" FAQ's about his voucher system:

He doesn't know.

Where is the Governor's stand on abortion? His website says he wants to overturn Roe.
    Here he was in 1994...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECVyuz5iNyQ]Kennedy Destroys Romney In 1994 Debate - YouTube[/ame]

"I sustain and support that law"---Romney on Roe.

Your post is, quite frankly, shit. The GOP has become the party of playing to the crowd; so much so that the #2 on the ticket (no pun intended)...his only contribution to the national dialogue in 13 years--his budget--had to be tossed out because it was such an albatross.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Obama is cruising down the polls.

Maybe Mitt is being a politician and doing what the voters want. This government is for the people by the people. I know Democrats want it for the Government by the Government but it is not there yet and I doubt it ever will be in this country. At least I hope not. But because the Democrats did not listen to the people in the first two years was the beginning of the end for the Democrats.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  4. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    I just hope one day those on the left will realize pandering does nothing to help them, it's all rhetoric and bullsh*t to get their vote.

What good does it do for me to bring a bunch of people from every ethnic background together and lie to them so they'll work for me. I can promise them the moon but if I have no clue how to harness it, it means nothing, it's just words, words they want to hear.

Now here's the catch, what are you gonna do with that moon if you manage to harness it?? Dems don't think about the future, today is all that matters, the H*ll with future generations.

5. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I disagree I think the Elites never plan on getting the moon. They just want to promise it. Once they have what they want and the constitution is dead and the government runs everything is all that matter. They will say the ends justify the means. They just want their “Hunger Games” so the citizens give based on their ability to the elites needs.

6. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    As someone who is gay, I don't feel "pandered" to, especially since this President has ended DADT, refused to defend the horrible DOMA and a bunch of other things that helps LGBT families.

7. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    That is pandering. It is not giving but promising. They can’t give you all those things or they will offend the others they pander to. They pander to tell you why you need the government but if they actually take care of those things then you don’t need them anymore and they will never reach what they really want and that is full government control.

8. Liberal

Liberal Libruhl! Libruhl!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I smell desperation...

When you compare the two parties it "looks" like Dems are pandering, when in reality they are emboldening these minorities through recognition and support.

Republican neocons tried to get vote purges to remove voters whom "coincidentally" happened to be mostly minority voters and Dems came in to point it out.

I can see how some people may confuse this for pandering to evil minorities, especially when you sprinkle a little racism and butt hurt in the mix.

9. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    DADT is ended. The DOJ is NOT defending DOMA. Gays can visit their families in the hospital. We get Family Leave if we work for the Federal Government. Those aren't promises but ACTIONS. There is a clear distinction between the two candidates for the LGBT voter.

10. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    They are pandering and there is no other name for it. The purge is of non-citizens out of the polls so of course most would be minorities though not all are. As far as the requiring ID goes makes sense. ID cards are pretty much required for everything. You mean that requiring people to show ID for cigarettes or alcohol is racist? It is amazing how brain washed some Democrats are. Do you really not analyze things that you are told before passing it on?

Democrats don’t want to fix the problems in fact racism was well on its way out when in 1993 Democrats changed directions and started promoting the whole division thing. That is when they started pushing the “African-American” instead of just American. They need division or they would never get elected.