Does the rule preventing homosexuals from donating blood make any sense?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
I know that it is not "fresh" topic to discuss
Many countries ban homosexuals from donating blood, presumably due to AIDS, but does that rule actually save more lives than the ones that would have been saved if homosexuals were allowed to donate? or is that rule in place due to homophobia?
1_122939_2240270_2255475_2257731_100622_hn_givebloodtn.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Many countries ban homosexuals from donating blood, presumably due to AIDS, but does that rule actually save more lives than the ones that would have been saved if homosexuals were allowed to donate? or is that rule in place due to homophobia?
1_122939_2240270_2255475_2257731_100622_hn_givebloodtn.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
Why would any homo feel the need to announce they were gay when giving blood?

Because if he donates he cares about ordinary people and society as well.

Apparently you've never given blood. In order to determine a donor's qualifications the donor must answer a questionnaire which includes questions about past sexual behaviors. Any male who has had sex with another male even once since 1977 is rejected as a donor.

Apparently you've never given blood. In order to determine a donor's qualifications the donor must answer a questionnaire which includes questions about past sexual behaviors. Any male who has had sex with another male even once since 1977 is rejected as a donor.
THANK GOD

Until they identify the cause and find a cure no I would rather not receive gay blood.
Until they identify the cause and find a cure no I would rather not receive gay blood.

do you prefer hooker blood or junkie blood ?
I think he'll take any blood except fag, Jew, or n*gger blood! :laugh:
no white faggot blood please
You blind cracka?! That was already in the post!

It made sense when made. HIV/AIDS infections among gay men was a real danger. But now we have superior screenings.
The wording the rule doesn't make much sense either.

They aren't allowed to donate either.

Actually, they are. There's just a time limit. If you have had sex in exchange for money in the past 12 months, or if you have had sex with someone who has had sex with money in the past 12 months, you are disqualified from donating. If it was longer than 12 months ago, you can donate. Same rule applies for using IV drugs.

Actually, they are. There's just a time limit. If you have had sex in exchange for money in the past 12 months, or if you have had sex with someone who has had sex with money in the past 12 months, you are disqualified from donating. If it was longer than 12 months ago, you can donate. Same rule applies for using IV drugs.

In other words, they aren't allowed to donate. whoever heard of a prostitute that didn't turn a trick for an entire year or a junky who didn't shoot up for an entire year?

In other words, they aren't allowed to donate. whoever heard of a prostitute that didn't turn a trick for an entire year or a junky who didn't shoot up for an entire year?

One who has changed their life. But please do keep up with the point, which is to contrast the fact that some behavior is given a time stamp, and other behavior is given an absolute ban. Not all people who have had gay sex one time continue to do so for the rest of their lives. It's not uncommon for a person to go through an exploration phase. A man who had a single sexual encounter with another man 35 years ago and has not repeated since is forever prohibited from donating blood. Is that policy reasonable? Does it serve an effective purpose?

A man who had a single sexual encounter with another man 35 years ago and has not repeated since is forever prohibited from donating blood. Is that policy reasonable?

Yes, it may be possible to become gay by being infected with gay blood.

Forum List

Back