Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Many blame Satan for the evils of this world even as his power to deceive all of us comes from God.

As the creator of Satan, many think that God deserves the blame as he knew what Satan would be because God knows everything in advance.

What is the greatest evil you can think of and who do you think is to blame for it?

Who is the greatest sinner, Satan or God?

I lean toward God as scriptures name him the Alpha and Omega which to me means the best and the worse. Also, scriptures have God saying not to place any other above him and I would be going against this by placing Satan above him in the category of the most evil. I do not want to break the first commandment.

Do you dare by putting Satan above God?

Regards
DL

Many blame Satan for the evils of this world even as his power to deceive all of us comes from God.

As the creator of Satan, many think that God deserves the blame as he knew what Satan would be because God knows everything in advance.

What is the greatest evil you can think of and who do you think is to blame for it?

I lean toward God as scriptures name him the Alpha and Omega which to me means the best and the worse. Also, scriptures have God saying not to place any other above him and I would be going against this by placing Satan above him in the category of the most evil. I do not want to break the first commandment.

Regards
DL

You're not breaking the first commandant unless you worship Satan.
Alpha and Omega have nothing to do with best or worst. It refers to the beginning and the end. The first and last letters of the Greek alphabet.
God is the absence of sin. Satan, the perpetuation of it. Man, the target of it.

Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God ?

Regards
DL
"What is the greatest evil you can think of ? "
The US government.
"who do you think is to blame for it?"
The voting public, both at the polls and shopping with money they don't actually have without knowing(or caring about) the outcomes of their choices.

Who are you voting for ? " The feller wiff the (*) beside his name, same as my daddy and granpappy dun too.

Ah. You're headed out shopping huh, Where ? "Wherever they gots the best deal"
Walmart huh ? "I reckon. They loves murka and are a 100% murkin cumpney.Best price guaroonteeded"

Regards
DL

Great rhetorical question! I like it. :clap2:

Just a fleeting thought, Is it possible that while God knew what satan would become it was ineviitable no matter what God created? What if in Gods world there is an unchangable default setting, where good is, so must evil be to keep balance.

Last edited:

No.

Last edited:
Just a fleeting thought, Is it possible that while God knew what satan would become it was ineviitable no matter what God created? What if in Gods world there is an automatic default, where good is so must evil be to keep balance.

Of course we could not know what ''good" is without knowing "evil". That is how our perceptions work. That is one of our weak points because we are not sufficiently aware of it. All knowledge, all terms, all faith, all belief, all concepts are relative to humans. None exist 'out there'. The universe is not good or bad and knows nothing at all, except in the sense that we are in it and part of it. Thus, we essentially create reality; up and down, in and out, good and bad, left and right.

If God exists, you can only know it from within.

Regards
DL
The award must go to god. He created Satan.

Just a fleeting thought, Is it possible that while God knew what satan would become it was ineviitable no matter what God created? What if in Gods world there is an automatic default, where good is so must evil be to keep balance.

Of course we could not know what ''good" is without knowing "evil". That is how our perceptions work. That is one of our weak points because we are not sufficiently aware of it. All knowledge, all terms, all faith, all belief, all concepts are relative to humans. None exist 'out there'. The universe is not good or bad and knows nothing at all, except in the sense that we are in it and part of it. Thus, we essentially create reality; up and down, in and out, good and bad, left and right.

True you can't know good without evil, But can good even exsist without evil? I think everything in this universe has an automatic opposite like it or not, even if your God.

Good can't exist without evil, right?

That's my thinking even for God. If God is all good how would he know what evil even was, unless in his world it also somehow exsisted. Maybe not in the form of a creature like Satan but it still must somehow have exsisted. If a good tree can't bear bad fruit then where did evil come from? If God is all good and knows no evil, how would he produce something bad?

True you can't know good without evil, But can good even exsist without evil? I think everything in this universe has an automatic opposite like it or not, even if your God.

If there were no human to notice, something 'existing' would have no meaning.

Last edited:
Just like darkness has no choice but to flee in the presence of light, evil and good cannot inhabit a person at the same time. The Bible's instruction to avoid evil is to put on the armor of God. Keep your mind on God, and evil has no choice but to flee..
I don't think God was trying to balance good so He created evil, because Lucifer at one time was an anointed cherub in eternity past, and being 100%just, God couldn't decide for us, as to which we prefer in eternity present, but He can and will dispose of evil once the Fullness of Times has arrived. Eph. 1:9-10

Damn this is getting deep...

Not necessarily. There could be other beings out there to give the something 'existing' meaning. Maybe everything in the universe is in some way living.

If the only thing exsisting in the begining is God does that mean everything is made of God? Where did he get the stuff to create the universe? Did God take some God cells and make the universe? Maybe we are like Divine cosmic toe jam or something.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jARp24AJWLk]Al Pacino's speech about God (The Devil's Advocate) - YouTube[/ame]

What if in Gods world there is an unchangable default setting, where good is, so must evil be to keep balance.

Well someone's scale is off balance then.

Christians may be forgiven for not understanding the religion of God but may not be so forgiven by not understanding God -

Satan is Dead.

Damn this is getting deep...

Not necessarily. There could be other beings out there to give the something 'existing' meaning. Maybe everything in the universe is in some way living.

If the only thing exsisting in the begining is God does that mean everything is made of God? Where did he get the stuff to create the universe? Did God take some God cells and make the universe? Maybe we are like Divine cosmic toe jam or something.

For you, for the universe that you are, what does it change if some extraterrestrial somewhere senses something? The only meaning, sense or importance that exists is what you decide. For some reason, many people do not like to accept this (I think because of the resulting responsibility it infers), but such is the case. Existence is relative.

Forum List

Back