Does Obama have the authority to create National Monuments by executive Fiat.

Does Obama have the authority to create National Monuments without Congress?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
It's a simple question.

He is using a 1906 law to take land via Executive order to create National Monuments. He has already taken 1600 acres in California via Executive order, without the consent of Congress.

This leaked memo shows other areas he wishes to acquire via Executive Fiat.

http://cofarmbureaublog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/states_for_designation.pdf

Who decides what is a monument in this Country? The president by his self, or WE THE PEOPLE via Congress? Shouldn't the people AT LEAST get a vote on what we consider a monument or not?

The current ongoing battle has opened the eyes of Americans, as Obama does whatever he wants without the consent of Congress.

WHAT SAY YOU TO THIS?

Of course I voted No.

If we are to create new Monuments in this Nation then the people should decide and not one man.

We are not a nation of Kings and Queens. And ONE MAN shouldn't have the authority to create a National Monument without the Consent of the people.

It's a simple question.

He is using a 1906 law to take land via Executive order to create National Monuments. He has already taken 1600 acres in California via Executive order, without the consent of Congress.

Who decides what is a monument in this Country? The president by his self, or WE THE PEOPLE via Congress? Shouldn't the people AT LEAST get a vote on what we consider a monument or not?

The current ongoing battle has opened the eyes of Americans, as Obama does whatever he wants without the consent of Congress.

WHAT SAY YOU TO THIS?
It is wrong for one person to have this kind of power. The law should be repealed.
The resulting fallout is a taking of land without due process or just compensation.
With a few dozen pen strokes Pres Clinton took millions of acres from states and private owners and turned these parcels into public lands.

List of National Monuments of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States has 108 protected areas known as national monuments. The President of the United States can establish a national monument by executive order, and the United States Congress can by legislation. The Antiquities Act of 1906 authorized the president to proclaim "historic landmarks, historic and prehistoric structures, and other objects of historic or scientific interest" as national monuments.[1] Concerns about protecting mostly prehistoric Indian ruins and artifacts—collectively termed antiquities—on western federal lands prompted the legislation. Its purpose was to allow the president to quickly preserve public land without waiting for legislation to pass through an unconcerned Congress. The ultimate goal was to protect all historic and prehistoric sites on U.S. federal lands.[2]

According to this article, the 1906 Act gives him the authority.

So perhaps the real question is this Act a violation of the Constitution, and perhaps the States need to challenge this Act in SCOTUS.

Charlie Rangel: Obama figured out secret, ?use executive orders for everything? - BizPac Review

President Obama should drop the charade of democracy and rule directly through executive orders, U.S. Rep. Charlie Rangel told a New York news station.

In an interview that praised Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Senate Democrats for doing away with filibusters on most presidential nominees, Rangel told NY1 that Obama has already set a precedent for making his own laws without regard for Congress, according to Politicker.

charlierangel1124When Obama announced last year that illegal immigrants brought to this country by their parents would no longer be deported, the president wrote a script that could be used in many acts to come, Rangel said.

“You know, the DREAM Act for the kids that came over here and didn’t know their hometown, the president did that by executive order,” Rangel said. “What I did is I’ve taken out the language that he used, and I’m gonna see why we can’t use executive orders for everything.”

Yes he does

So you'll approve of his current plans to seize 10 million acres of land?

All by his lonesome............

Do you believe in ruling by decree, and a Dictator.................

Seems so to me.

I hear it is more like 10 billion acres

It has something to do with confiscating guns. Declare your house a national monument and then take all the guns

It is all legal

Yes he does

Seems so to me.

It has something to do with confiscating guns. Declare your house a national monument and then take all the guns

It is all legal

aka You support the right to create new monuments by one person deciding.

In other words you support a DICTATOR in America.

Glad you cleared that up.

I'll be waiting for you at the door.

Seems so to me.

It is all legal

Yup

It has worked successfully for the last hundred years

It is all legal

Yup

It has worked successfully for the last hundred years

Your new dream of a Port-O-let Monument would be justice. :badgrin:

Under the liberal mindset, Hell they'd be Ok if the Feds decided to make a whole state a monument.

Because under your mindset the States have no say in the Republic.

Under the liberal mindset, Hell they'd be Ok if the Feds decided to make a whole state a monument.

Presidents have the authority to designate National Monuments

Let me know when Obama has designated more than any other President and we can start a thread about it

Let me know when Obama has designated more than any other President and we can start a thread about it

As you ignore the leaked memo..................

I read the memo

A description of potential sites worthy of monument status. From that list, Obama might select one or two. And you start a thread that he is going to designate them all as monuments

Pretty deceptive on your part....dontcha think?

I read the memo

A description of potential sites worthy of monument status. From that list, Obama might select one or two. And you start a thread that he is going to designate them all as monuments

Pretty deceptive on your part....dontcha think?

Actions speak louder than words, as he has already taken land via executive order.

Just because he hasn't done them all yet doesn't mean he doesn't intend to do so.

Should we wait to find out if he will do so, or at least inform the Country of his intentions to do so.................

So the public can see the Federal Gov't in plain site, and with it's intentions.

Oh, no, we should hide it.

It's a simple question.

WHAT SAY YOU TO THIS?

yes but only on already public land

the executive order has been reduced at least twice

Forum List

Back