Does Obama get credit for Morsi's fall? He certainly got the blame for Morsi's win.

velvtacheeze

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2013
Egypt President Mohamed Morsi's removal sparks celebrations - latimes.com

CAIRO -- Opponents of Egypt’s ousted president, Mohamed Morsi, celebrated into the night Wednesday after the military removed him from office, filling the streets in parts of the capital and in other cities and towns.

Revelers danced and cheered in Cairo’s Tahrir Square and outside the presidential palace, waiving flags and flashing green-colored lasers. Fireworks lighted up the sky.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right wingers have spent the last two years mouth-breathing about how Obama was all in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood taking over. What say you now, wingaloons? Have any of your predictions about Middle East events EVER come true? I mean, we're still waiting for the Iraqi WMD. Where are they? Besides in your imagination, that is.

No wonder McCain and Romney lost.

Last edited:
The way the Egyptians are out for obama he needs to keep his head way down.

CAIRO -- Opponents of Egypt’s ousted president, Mohamed Morsi, celebrated into the night Wednesday after the military removed him from office, filling the streets in parts of the capital and in other cities and towns.

Revelers danced and cheered in Cairo’s Tahrir Square and outside the presidential palace, waiving flags and flashing green-colored lasers. Fireworks lighted up the sky.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right wingers have spent the last two years mouth-breathing about how Obama was all in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood taking over. What say you now, wingaloons? Have any of your predictions about Middle East events EVER come true? I mean, we're still waiting for the Iraqi WMD. Where are they? Besides in your imagination, that is.

Obabble called for Mubarak to quit. Would he have done that if he knew the Muslim Brotherhood would take over? If the answer is yes...he is double the fool I thought he is.

...for putting him in office in the first place you mean?

He didn't put Morsi in power. He didn't take him out either. What an idiot you are. No wonder the American voter doesn't trust conservatives with power yet.

He did the right thing, and made sure the US minded its own business.

Too bad Bush didn't try that in Iraq. 3000 US troop deaths later, we now know meddling is a mistake. And maybe the GOP would have had a better chance of holding the White House in 2008 without an Iraq War too? Don't you agree?

I am embarrassed for you.

Obabble called for Mubarak to quit. Would he have done that if he knew the Muslim Brotherhood would take over? If the answer is yes...he is double the fool I thought he is.

Well, then shut up and give him credit for not demanding Morsi stay in power. What's a matter with you people?

At least he didn't hand over Iraq to iran like his ill-spokien doofus predecessor did.

There's no substance to your post. And your avatar is queeny. I'm embarrassed for YOU.

There's no substance to your post. And your avatar is queeny. I'm embarrassed for YOU.

(smile) Unlike yourself I don't take myself that seriously....

Obama indeed put Morsi in office by not backing Mubarak...the fact that you aren't intelligent enough to understand that makes you look...well stupid.

Well, then shut up and give him credit for not demanding Morsi stay in power. What's a matter with you people?

At least he didn't hand over Iraq to iran like his ill-spokien doofus predecessor did.

Obabble handed Iraq to Iran. Obabble gave Egypt to the Muslim Brotherhood. Obabble is powerless in Syria...as he was ion Benghazi. And he has ceded nukes to Iraq. Now he's kissing the Talibans ass. Give up on him...dont hang with losers.

Last edited:
Obama is disavowing any responsibility whatsoever - he comes across as Very Displeased with the Military Coup.

As I have said since the Egyptian Revolution, the United States supports a set of core principles, including opposition to violence, protection of universal human rights, and reform that meets the legitimate aspirations of the people. The United States does not support particular individuals or political parties, but we are committed to the democratic process and respect for the rule of law. Since the current unrest in Egypt began, we have called on all parties to work together to address the legitimate grievances of the Egyptian people, in accordance with the democratic process, and without recourse to violence or the use of force. The United States is monitoring the very fluid situation in Egypt, and we believe that ultimately the future of Egypt can only be determined by the Egyptian people. Nevertheless, we are deeply concerned by the decision of the Egyptian Armed Forces to remove President Morsy and suspend the Egyptian constitution. I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsy and his supporters. Given today’s developments, I have also directed the relevant departments and agencies to review the implications under U.S. law for our assistance to the Government of Egypt.

Obama On Morsi Removal: 'We Are Deeply Concerned'

Obama indeed put Morsi in office by not backing Mubarak...the fact that you aren't intelligent enough to understand that makes you look...well stupid.

There was an election. It wasn't either Mubarak or Morsi.

There would have been no election if Obama had backed Morsi.

You do realize as little as a couple of days ago the Obama administration was still standing behind Morsi don't you? in fact unlike Mubarak they never called for Morsi to step down so why would he get credit for his fall?

There would have been no election if Obama had backed Morsi.

That doesn't make sense. Obama never backed anyone, he just called for Mubarak to step down so there could be free elections. Democracy sucks when the guy you like doesn't win.

Forum List

Back