Does Bruce Willis finally have a hit in remake of DEATH WISH??

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I haven't seed it but it's about a law-abiding citizen turned vigilantee because the cops can't or won't stop crime. IMDB gives it a 6.6 rating based on 714 votes and that's pretty good. This movie is a good fit for the Trump era. Been a long time since Bruce made a good movie. Of course he's around 65 now.

Death Wish (2018) - IMDb

I haven't seed it but it's about a law-abiding citizen turned vigilantee because the cops can't or won't stop crime. IMDB gives it a 6.6 rating based on 714 votes and that's pretty good. This movie is a good fit for the Trump era. Been a long time since Bruce made a good movie. Of course he's around 65 now.

Death Wish (2018) - IMDb
watch the original....Charles Bronson was great....

Death Wish (2018) - IMDb
And we are shown, apparently, yet another example of a certain segment of society's unrelenting acquiescence with and will to effect bar lowering.
IMDB gives it a 6.6 rating based on 714 votes and that's pretty good.
IMBD's rating scale is "out of ten. If 66% is your notion of "pretty good," that's one generous grading curve you've unilaterally applied. Since when is 66% any kind of good score? Hell, can one even graduate from any K-12 grade level with a 66% average score?
Does Bruce Willis finally have a hit in remake of DEATH WISH??...Been a long time since Bruce made a good movie. Of course he's around 65 now.
"Finally?" Using, as you have, IMBD's ratings as the determinant for what is or isn't a "hit," one observes that Willis was in the following films that obtained higher ratings than has the film you've indicated:
  • 2017 -- Split -- 73%
  • 2014 -- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For -- 65%
  • 2013 -- Red 2 -- 67%
  • 2012 -- Looper -- 74%
  • 2012 -- The Expendables 2 -- 66%
  • 2012 -- Moonrise Kingdom -- 74%
  • 2010 -- Red -- 71%
If, on the other hand, one doesn't implement the generous curve you have in calling a 66% rating "pretty good," I'd be of a mind to grant that it's been quite some time since Willing has performed in a film that's received a "good" rating on IMDB.

Does Bruce Willis finally have a hit in remake of DEATH WISH??...Been a long time since Bruce made a good movie. Of course he's around 65 now.
"Made" is a term for directors and producers, not actors. Actors "star/perform in" films and what not; actors are "talent," and no matter how valuable they may may be to a production, they not considered the principals in a film's operational or creative management/execution. (That's why the producers, not the actors, receive the Oscar for "best picture.") For example, Cecil B. DeMille and Alfred Hitchcock made movies. Paramount studios makes movies. Willis is not among the noted producers nor is he the director of Death Wish (2018). AFAIK, Willis hasn't directed any films, though he has produced one for the "big screen": Hostage (66%).

Producers develop the initial idea, obtain rights, approve the hiring and the casting, secure funding or finance it themselves, keep track of costs and schedules all through the shoot, managing post-production, VFX, scoring, publicity etc. That's what it means to make a movie, save for the creative part, the credit for which goes to the director.

Last edited:
You mean this fake ass movie where all the bad guys are white? Sorry, but if there's a home invasion, chances are it's going to be black guys. I need at least a little realism in my fiction.

• Banned
You mean this fake ass movie where all the bad guys are white? Sorry, but if there's a home invasion, chances are it's going to be black guys. I need at least a little realism in my fiction.

Now wait a minute. Even i admit there are lots of white criminals.

I prefer the real deal like the first 48

Now wait a minute. Even i admit there are lots of white criminals.
In the movies, they are ONLY white. I refuse to play along.

Forum List

Back