Does anyone here really believe their income would double if taxes were cut in half?

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Does anyone here really believe their income would double if taxes were cut in half?

Because that's what you'd have to believe to buy the right wing argument that a tax cut would increase government revenues. Actually that would be the requirement just for the government to break even.

I think its a horseshit argument supported by zero empirical evidence and based on shaky theoretical grounds.

Because that's what you'd have to believe to buy the right wing argument that a tax cut would increase government revenues. Actually that would be the requirement just for the government to break even.

I think its a horseshit argument supported by zero empirical evidence and based on shaky theoretical grounds.
My sensors are telling me that extreme leftist posters have been given marching orders to pave the way for acceptance of high taxes so America can be Europe with all its fiscal issues.

Is that it, Dr. Doh?

My sensors are telling me that extreme leftist posters have been given marching orders to pave the way for acceptance of high taxes so America can be Europe with all its fiscal issues.

Is that it, Dr. Doh?

Sure, that's it.

290224d1351443621-twilight-zone-do-you-check-out-tin-foil-hat.jpeg

Taxes are at historic lows and debt at a historic high - and we're the crazy ones for suggesting that taxes should be raised.

If they do, they are as ignorant as you are. The idea is that cutting tax rates, frees up money for hiring, now, this isn't necessarily as easy as "we cut taxes, so now there will be more employment opportunites."

It's a matter of several policies of over reaching fed. govt. to repeal or deregulate to create an incentive. Then with lower taxes, more businesses have the incentive (given demand is there, which is a good prediction because people will have more expendable income from a tax cut) to expand and hire, instead of the money being pissed away by govt. through taxation. The government is nonproductive ecomonically. Just look at the fiscal trainwreck they created.

Last edited:

Is that it, Dr. Doh?

Sure, that's it.

290224d1351443621-twilight-zone-do-you-check-out-tin-foil-hat.jpeg

Taxes are at historic lows and debt at a historic high - and we're the crazy ones for suggesting that taxes should be raised.

Spending though...that's just nothing, right?

These types think the government creates jobs or is economically productive. So spending is good. Until they take it all and then, well....then we all get govt. jobs?

I just think it's mind boggling that anyone would actually WANT more taxation. I'm not able to wrap my mind around that.

I just think it's mind boggling that anyone would actually WANT more taxation. I'm not able to wrap my mind around that.

Its not that they want more taxation on THEM, its that they want more taxation on SOMEONE ELSE.

At that point, its easy to figure out why they want it.

Some people like theft by force, I suppose. I can't call it anymore with the way these people see it. Here we are bickering over 80 billion a year in additional revenue to put toward our 1.3 trillion spending deficit. As if this is some kind of accomplishment. It's beyond reproach to me.

Its not that they want more taxation on THEM, its that they want more taxation on SOMEONE ELSE.

At that point, its easy to figure out why they want it.

True. And that's really the only reason. It's not because they want to balance the budget, because only an idiot thinks that increased taxes alone is going to do that.

Some people like theft by force, I suppose. I can't call it anymore with the way these people see it. Here we are bickering over 80 billion a year in additional revenue to put toward our 1.3 trillion spending deficit. As if this is some kind of accomplishment. It's beyond reproach to me.

Something like 8 days worth of government, right?

Punish the rich. Yup. It's incredible that we've come to this point, and only over the last four years. In 2008, you rarely heard much disdain for success. Nowadays, it is all the rage to hate success.

Oh god no. That dude was just Obama lite. He's the first president we've had in my life time that I actually wanted to hit. Like physically go after the guy. I couldn't even watch his speeches by 2006.

Tell me something, do you really believe that your income will go up if you spend more money? Because that is exactly what you have to believe if you are to believe that spending more money is part of a balanced approach to reducing the deficit.

Is that it, Dr. Doh?

Sure, that's it.

<picture above>

Of course they're at historic lows. Obama, Pelosi, and Reid conspired against the American public to keep taxes low until after the election. People get cranky when they run out of money and can't get credit, so why not just hang onto power and all that nice public money to route to their pet rock projects instead of employing people.

You're such a gullible fool, Dr. Doh, unless like the Democrats who invented this rose-colored glass era that ends in January when the highest tax hike in history aka Obamacare mops America's floor with people doing without everything else they had before. China is going to want its loan money back someday. You don't think they're going to wait until we're the land of plenty again, do you?

If you do think so, you are further pathetic than I described above.

Oh god no. That dude was just Obama lite. He's the first president we've had in my life time that I actually wanted to hit. Like physically go after the guy. I couldn't even watch his speeches by 2006.
Wow. the leftist media did a number on you, by lying their asses off and you believing them.

Wow, you're really good at being stupid.

Forum List

Back