Does amybody want to be Romneys running mate?

All I can say is this election will be very close, I doubt Mitt's VP is what will win it or lose it for him. At this point Obama has to depend on a depressed Republican voter turnout seeing as Mitt is a horrid candidate (and the second he loses all you fuckers will admit that for the rest of your lives), while Republicans (Mitt) has to depend on a depressed voter turnout for Obama seeing as Obama has proven to be intellectually challenged, unable to speak much better than Bush and failed to do about 90% of the "meaningful" stuff he promised and instead did the opposite like start wars and keep the Bush era tax cuts.

This election will literally be about nothing more than making the other persons base less happy with who they have to vote for, for both sides... The rest is sideshow talking points that amounts to filler.

George HW Bush in 1980.

George Bushes resumee in 1980 puts Obamas to shame.

War hero (youngest flyer in WW2) - congresman, head of CIA, successfull businsman etc ..............................................................

Reagan choosing Bush as his running mate in 1980 showed his smarts.

They had their differneces during the GOP camapaign.

(Reagan: "I paid for this microphone")

But Reagan recognized that Bush Sr would be qualified to take over the prescidency if something happenned to him - and almost did - failed assn attempt)

Last edited:
Romney says Marco Rubio being ‘thoroughly vetted’ as possible VP

HOLLAND, Mich. -- Mitt Romney on Tuesday called reports that his campaign was not vetting conservative rising star Marco Rubio for the vice presidential nomination "entirely false," and said his campaign is indeed vetting the Florida senator.

"Marco Rubio is being thoroughly vetted as part of our process," Romney told reporters in a hastily-organized statement to the media before a stop at an ice cream shop.

The Romney campaign has jealously guarded information about its vice presidential selection process, with Romney repeating a familiar refrain whenever questions about the number two spot on the ticket are asked: I've got nothing for ya.

Today's statement was the first time Romney or his campaign have officially confirmed that his campaign was vetting anyone.

Romney says Marco Rubio being 'thoroughly vetted' as possible VP - First Read

How special!!!

Seems all the favs are playing hard-to-get.

On one hand - the VP is a ceremonial position.

On the other hand - history shows it a a stepping-stone to the presidency.

Coming from the Left, it is pretty funny to hear them trash potential VP candidates.

I mean these are the people that Made Biden VP. Does it get any less qualified?

220px-Rob_Portman,_official_portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg

Rob Portman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rob Portman has been around. Over the course of his career in public service, he has been appointed to positions in two presidential administrations. He has negotiated massive trade deals around the world and overseen the the process of crafting the president's multitrillion-dollar budget plan. He was a member of the House of Representatives for 12 years, is now a U.S. senator, and he just might become the next vice president of the United States.
Rob Portman, the ninja policymaker | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Rob Portman has been around. Over the course of his career in public service, he has been appointed to positions in two presidential administrations. He has negotiated massive trade deals around the world and overseen the the process of crafting the president's multitrillion-dollar budget plan. He was a member of the House of Representatives for 12 years, is now a U.S. senator, and he just might become the next vice president of the United States.

Portman would lock up Ohio probably.

The left accussed Bush Sr of cowardice - bailing out on his crew over the Pacifc in WW2.

Then did the same re Dubya re his honorable National Guard service.

(and did the same for Dan Quale for that matter)

Portman would lock up Ohio probably.

Robert Jones "Rob" Portman (born December 19, 1955) is a lawyer and the junior United States Senator from Ohio. He is a member of the Republican Party.[1] He succeeded retiring Senator George Voinovich.[2] From 1993 to 2005, Portman served in the United States House of Representatives, representing Ohio's 2nd congressional district, which stretches along the Ohio River from the Hamilton County suburbs of Cincinnati east to Scioto County and Pike County. Portman won seven consecutive congressional elections with over 70 percent of the vote.[3][4] Portman served in two federal cabinet positions under the administration of President George W. Bush. From May 2005 to May 2006, he was the U.S. Trade Representative. From May 2006 to June 2007, he was Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).[4]

Romney says Marco Rubio being ‘thoroughly vetted’ as possible VP

HOLLAND, Mich. -- Mitt Romney on Tuesday called reports that his campaign was not vetting conservative rising star Marco Rubio for the vice presidential nomination "entirely false," and said his campaign is indeed vetting the Florida senator.

"Marco Rubio is being thoroughly vetted as part of our process," Romney told reporters in a hastily-organized statement to the media before a stop at an ice cream shop.

The Romney campaign has jealously guarded information about its vice presidential selection process, with Romney repeating a familiar refrain whenever questions about the number two spot on the ticket are asked: I've got nothing for ya.

Today's statement was the first time Romney or his campaign have officially confirmed that his campaign was vetting anyone.

Romney says Marco Rubio being 'thoroughly vetted' as possible VP - First Read

How special!!!

How is it special in any way?

The left accussed Bush Sr of cowardice - bailing out on his crew over the Pacifc in WW2.

Not shocking, I saw a lefty on this Very Board just the other day say.

"McCain never served, he crashed his plane 5 Times and spent the whole war in a Jail"

I mean how fucking low can you go.

Seems all the favs are playing hard-to-get.

On one hand - the VP is a ceremonial position.

On the other hand - history shows it a a stepping-stone to the presidency.

Marco is wetting his pants to get a chance, and Nikki Haley would love to be the veep nominee, for starters.

Not shocking, I saw a lefty on this Very Board just the other day say.

"McCain never served, he crashed his plane 5 Times and spent the whole war in a Jail"

I mean how fucking low can you go.

After doing that, being the one who posted such a thing, you could always then point it out again later under another name and act all outraged over it and that would definitely be a lower way to go! Since you're asking, I'm just sayin'...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back