Doctors Without Borders Enraged Over 'Deliberate' Kunduz Hos

Fuck you. Those were doctors volunteering their services for needy people in a 3rd world nation. Good people. Something you clearly will never be.
Just stating the facts. They assumed the risk, emotion boy.
Wrong! That's not a risk they assumed. We fucked up and the results were tragic. Cursing the doctors makes you a primo echelon asshole.
Who in the hell goes to Afghanistan NOT expecting to dodge a few bullets or bombs?!? There is a reason that shit hole is not a prime vacation spot, you ignorant little shit!
You said, "Fuck those leftist doctors."

No. Fuck you.
Yeah, I did. They are a bunch of whining, leftist pigs who thinks the fucking world revolves their values, to the absurd extent that they think they are entitled to waltz into a fucking war zone and not get shot at because of what they deem a "greater purpose". Fuck them. Fuck them right up their pompous, leftist asses with an axe handle!
Why that's very white and christian of you

I don't like Obama either, but I don't believe he would bomb a hospital on purpose. For what possible reason would he do that?

I read the claim part, but I failed to see the proof part. I read the "this is the case" part but couldn't read the "because & why" part. So, that makes the accuser a liar insisting what he thinks instead of an actual tangible fact. It's just that the Obama regime won't probably bother to sue for slander or whatever else charge applicable.

Doctors without Borders is a great organization, but they should not fuel conspiracy theories just to placate the Muslim world.

Wrong! That's not a risk they assumed. We fucked up and the results were tragic. Cursing the doctors makes you a primo echelon asshole.
Who in the hell goes to Afghanistan NOT expecting to dodge a few bullets or bombs?!? There is a reason that shit hole is not a prime vacation spot, you ignorant little shit!

No. Fuck you.
Yeah, I did. They are a bunch of whining, leftist pigs who thinks the fucking world revolves their values, to the absurd extent that they think they are entitled to waltz into a fucking war zone and not get shot at because of what they deem a "greater purpose". Fuck them. Fuck them right up their pompous, leftist asses with an axe handle!
You're not a conservative, you're a plant. You want to see a Leftist? Look in a mirror.
So now you are a paranoid conspiratorialist, eh? I am not surprised. Really I am not.

Bitch, I make Pat Buchanan look like Bernie Sanders. If anyone here is not a conservative, it is you, as your exposed dumbassitude is not consistent with conservatism. One of the reasons that conservatism is the superior political ideology is that we subordinate emotion to reason. This is your sticking point; your emotions are out of control and is dominating whatever reasonable capacity that your empty head can muster.

Wild guess: you are a born-again Christian, aren't you?

Moron, you are not a conservative. Further, on behalf of all conservatives let me just say this: fuck off... Religious-fueled shit heads like you make the conservative movement look bad. Get out!
Leftist plant I can handle but life's too short to deal with fire breathing trolls. You're on permanent ignore.

No. Fuck you.
You're not a conservative, you're a plant. You want to see a Leftist? Look in a mirror.
So now you are a paranoid conspiratorialist, eh? I am not surprised. Really I am not.

Bitch, I make Pat Buchanan look like Bernie Sanders. If anyone here is not a conservative, it is you, as your exposed dumbassitude is not consistent with conservatism. One of the reasons that conservatism is the superior political ideology is that we subordinate emotion to reason. This is your sticking point; your emotions are out of control and is dominating whatever reasonable capacity that your empty head can muster.

Moron, you are not a conservative. Further, on behalf of all conservatives let me just say this: fuck off... Religious-fueled shit heads like you make the conservative movement look bad. Get out!
Leftist plant I can handle but life's too short to deal with fire breathing trolls. You're on permanent ignore.
I'll take that as an admission that you are wrong.

33 doctors and patients still missing...

33 Still Missing After US Airstrike on Kunduz Hospital
October 08, 2015 | WASHINGTON— Doctors Without Borders said Thursday that 33 people are still missing days after the U.S. airstrike on the international medical charity's hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan killed 22 others.
The medical group, known by its French acronym MSF, said nine of the unaccounted for are patients and 24 staff members. He said more bodies could be found inside the hospital, but MSF is waiting to regain access to the facility after ending its operations in Kunduz. "We are still in shock," said Guilhem Molinie, the group's Afghanistan representative told reporters in Kabul. "We lost many colleagues and at the moment it's clear that we don't want to take the risk for any of our staff. We don't control the hospital."

2A6FCE58-9256-4ABB-B874-F303044E92AB_w640_s.jpg

In this photograph released by Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) on Oct. 3, 2015, fires burn in part of the MSF hospital in the Afghan city of Kunduz after it was hit by an airstrike.​

MSF ended its Kunduz operations after the aerial bombardment last Saturday and has demanded an independent investigation into the attack under the Geneva Conventions. The group says probes under way by the U.S., Afghanistan and NATO are insufficient and has suggested that the attack amounted to a war crime. Those killed in the airstrike included 10 patients and 12 MSF staff members.

Obama apologizes

U.S. President Barack Obama apologized Wednesday to the medical group's president, Dr. Joanne Liu, for the attack, launched by the U.S. after Afghan forces requested help to rout Taliban fighters from inside the hospital compound. White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Obama called Liu to "apologize and express condolences." "In this case, there was a mistake and it's one that the U.S. owns up to," Earnest said. He said Obama "is very eager to get to the bottom of what exactly occurred."

MORE

No. Fuck you.

They say I AM the most hated conservative on this site and you do NOT speak for me. NOBODY does BUT me you got that asshole?

Because that IS all you are a roving troll asshole NOT a conservative. I ALSO agree with the FACT you are a "plant".
And in REAL life are some limp wristed Negro hugging faggot.

Judging from your content you have a VERY TINY penis. Less then a pixel would be my guess. And you have a brain not much larger then a piss ant which you were proud to display here on this thread.

Fury

I appreciate doctors without borders. But if they start whining that they aren't safe in WAR ZONES seriously, maybe they should just stay home.

No you don't. At least show your support instead if chastising them. They dedicated their lives to serve humanity and they have my utmost respect and admiration.

Yes, I do.

I'm not chastising them, but they take on the risk when they go into war zones. They put themselves in a situation where they can be taken as hostages or used as cover, and you run the risk of getting killed. That's why people admire them. If they don't want to take the risk, nobody is forcing them to.
Actually, people admire them because they don't give a shit about sides. It's the job that matters and not the politics.

No. Fuck you.

They say I AM the most hated conservative on this site and you do NOT speak for me. NOBODY does BUT me you got that asshole?

Because that IS all you are a roving troll asshole NOT a conservative. I ALSO agree with the FACT you are a "plant".
And in REAL life are some limp wristed Negro hugging faggot.

Judging from your content you have a VERY TINY penis. Less then a pixel would be my guess. And you have a brain not much larger then a piss ant which you were proud to display here on this thread.

Fury
Bitch, who are you talking to? The post of mine you quoted wasn't even addressing you, dumbass; it was addressing the arch faggot guy. I don't have any kind of gripe with you, Furry. I usually agree with everything you say.

That said, you make this right instanter or you will risk losing my goodwill.

I'm wondering if DWB notified the American military and told them where they were located at? If they did, then why would the military drop bombs on the hospital? Even in war zones, under the Geneva conventions, medical personnel are off limits for fighting, that's why ambulances and corpsmen have a big red cross on their armbands, and on the sides of the vehicles. And yeah, there were times that snipers would target medical personnel, but they were soon called out on it and quit, because it's against the Geneva conventions.

If DWB DIDN'T notify the military as to their location, then it's on them, and maybe next time they will let the military know where they are at and have it declared a neutral zone.

And yeah, DWB treats ANYONE (either side) that comes to them when they are injured, because that's what they do, and they are a non political or partisan group, they're just there to heal.

For the posters who blame or denigrate DWB for being in a war zone? Fuck off. Not only are they probably lots smarter than you (they ARE doctors after all), they are also a hell of a lot braver and more humane than you would ever hope to be.

Gonna be a costly mistake...

U.S. to make payments to families of Kunduz air strike victims: Pentagon
Sat Oct 10, 2015 - The U.S. Department of Defense will seek to make "condolence payments" to families of victims of a U.S. air strike that mistakenly hit a Medecins Sans Frontieres hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan, killing 22 people, the Pentagon said on Saturday.
"The Department of Defense believes it is important to address the consequences of the tragic incident at the Doctors Without Borders hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan," spokesman Peter Cook said in a statement, adding the United States would also pay to repair the charity hospital. "U.S. Forces-Afghanistan has the authority to make condolence payments and payments toward repair of the hospital. USFOR-A will work with those affected to determine appropriate payments. If necessary and appropriate, the administration will seek additional authority from the Congress," he said.

r

Candles are pictured outside the Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland​

President Barack Obama on Wednesday apologized to Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) for the bombing of its hospital. The medical charity is pressing for an international commission to investigate what it calls a war crime. Among those killed were 12 MSF staff.

On Tuesday, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said the U.S. military deeply regretted the loss of life and was acknowledging its mistake and working to understand what went wrong. "The U.S. military takes the greatest care in our operations to prevent the loss of innocent life, and when we make mistakes, we own up to them. That's exactly what we're doing right now," Carter said in a statement.

U.S. to make payments to families of Kunduz air strike victims: Pentagon

Evidence destroyed by military vehicle...

MSF: 'Potential Evidence' Was Destroyed by Vehicle at Kunduz Hospital
Oct 16 2015, A vehicle containing U.S. personnel "destroyed potential evidence" on Thursday by forcing its way onto the ruined site of a hospital bombed by American forces in Afghanistan, the charity said.
Doctors Without Borders, which ran the facility in Kunduz, initially said the vehicle was a "U.S. tank," although U.S. military officials in Kabul and the Pentagon later denied this. "We don't even have tanks there," one official pointed out. The charity, which is also known as Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), said in an emailed statement to NBC News that it had been informed the tank contained a delegation from a "U.S./NATO/Afghan investigation team" looking into the incident. It did not say who provided that information. The charity said the vehicle's "unannounced and forced entry" through the gates had also frightened staff and damaged property. Three military officials confirmed to NBC News that an investigative team traveled to the site, but none could say for sure what type of vehicle was used.

ss-151015-kunduz-hospital-jsw-07_406df5d61089fabe1492b2976760634f.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

A hole in a wall from a shell at the Doctors Without Borders hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan​

The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, speculated that it was an APC (armored personnel carrier), and one official said it was likely German, given the area. The incident comes almost two weeks after a U.S. AC-130 gunship bombed the compound, killing at least 22 people including 12 members of staff. The facility was helping treat casualties from Taliban-related violence that had swept the city. After the U.S. gave shifting explanations for the incident — which MSF has called a war crime — President Barack Obama apologized to the charity last week. The U.S. and Afghan governments have launched three separate investigations but MSF is calling for an international inquiry. The vehicle forced its way through the closed main gate of the bombed-out compound at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday (5 a.m. ET), according to the charity. MSF has since pulled out of the derelict site, but said one of its teams arrived earlier on Thursday to visit the crumbling building.

It said the "intrusion" contravened an agreement between MSF and the joint investigation team that the charity would be "given notice before each step of the procedure involving the organization's personnel and assets." It added: "Their unannounced and forced entry damaged property, destroyed potential evidence and caused stress and fear for the MSF team." MSF said that since the announcement of the triple investigations, it has made it clear it would cooperate, "insofar as procedural standards are respected and other security or logistical constraints allow." In a statement issued to NBC News on Friday, coalition spokesman Col. Brian Tribus said: "We are aware of the incident and are looking into what happened."

Potential Evidence 'Destroyed' at Bombed Hospital, Charity Says

Not quite like they didn't know what they were striking...

US Analysts Knew Afghan Site Was Hospital
Oct 15, 2015 | WASHINGTON — Days before the Oct. 3 U.S. air attack on a hospital in Afghanistan, American special operations analysts were gathering intelligence on the facility — which they knew was a protected medical site — because they believed it was being used by a Pakistani operative to coordinate Taliban activity, The Associated Press has learned.
It's unclear whether commanders who unleashed the AC-130 gunship on the hospital — killing at least 22 patients and hospital staff — were aware that the site was a hospital or knew about the allegations of possible enemy activity. The Pentagon initially said the attack was to protect U.S. troops engaged in a firefight and has since said it was a mistake. The special operations analysts had assembled a dossier that included maps with the hospital circled, along with indications that intelligence agencies were tracking the location of the Pakistani operative and activity reports based on overhead surveillance, according to a former intelligence official familiar with the material. The intelligence suggested the hospital was being used as a Taliban command and control center and may have housed heavy weapons.

kunduz-hospital-600.jpg

Christopher Stokes the general director of Doctors Without Borders and his colleague stand as an Afghan Army vehicle guards its hospital after U.S. troops left the area in Kunduz, Afghanistan​

After the attack — which came amidst a battle to retake the northern Afghan city of Kunduz from the Taliban — some U.S. analysts assessed that the strike had been justified, the former officer says. They concluded that the Pakistani, believed to have been working for his country's Inter-Service Intelligence directorate, had been killed. No evidence has surfaced publicly to support those conclusions about the Pakistani's connections or his demise. The former intelligence official was not authorized to comment publicly and spoke only on condition of anonymity.

The top U.S. officer in Afghanistan, Gen. John Campbell, has said the strike was a mistake, but he has not explained exactly how it happened or who granted final approval. He also told Congress he was ordering all personnel in Afghanistan to be retrained on the rules governing the circumstances under which strikes are acceptable. The new details about the military's suspicions that the hospital was being misused complicate an already murky picture and add to the unanswered questions about one of the worst civilian casualty incidents of the Afghan war. They also raise the possibility of a breakdown in intelligence sharing and communication across the military chain of command. Pentagon officials declined comment.

MORE

See also:

Doctors Without Borders: US Tank Forced Its Way Into Bombed Hospital
Oct 16, 2015

KABUL, Afghanistan -- A medical charity whose hospital in northern Afghanistan was bombed by the U.S. military said on Thursday that a U.S. tank forced its way through the closed gates of the compound, contravening an agreement that they would be informed.

Doctors Without Borders, also known as MSF, said they were informed after the "intrusion" that it was by a delegation from a joint U.S.-NATO-Afghan team investigating the Oct. 3 bombing of the hospital. The incident violated an agreement with investigators that MSF "would be given notice before each step of the procedure involving the organization's personnel and assets." "Their unannounced and forced entry damaged property, destroyed potential evidence and caused stress and fear," it said in a statement, adding that an MSF team had arrived at the hospital earlier in the day.

hospital-gate-debris-1200-ts600.jpg

Authorities in Kunduz and the U.S. military did not immediately respond to requests for comment. The strike on the MSF trauma hospital in the northern city of Kunduz killed 10 patients and 12 staff. Another two staffers are now presumed dead, the group said this week, with all other MSF staff accounted for. U.S. President Barack Obama apologized for the bombing, which the commander of U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan, Gen. John F. Campbell called a "mistake."

The bombing happened as Afghan forces battled Taliban insurgents who had stormed Kunduz on Sept. 28 and briefly held the city of 300,000, the first provincial capital they have overrun since being forced from power in 2001. Government troops have largely retaken the city, where authorities say life is returning to normal. Casualty figures have not yet been made public. The seizure was a grave embarrassment for the government of President Ashraf Ghani. On Thursday, Obama said he would keep nearly 10,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan through most of next year and 5,500 when he leaves office in 2017, throwing a lifeline to the struggling Afghan forces.

Doctors Without Borders: US Tank Forced Its Way Into Bombed Hospital | Military.com

Last edited:
I think that DWB has a good case. In the news yesterday, I heard the reporter say that some of the crew on the gunship that attacked the hospital were questioning the orders to attack, because they knew it was a hospital (and therefore off limits).

Is MSF tellin' on itself? Were they harboring jihadis? Methinks thou dost protest too much...

AP Interview: MSF says bombing of Afghan hospital no mistake
Oct 18,`15 -- The head of an international medical charity whose hospital in northern Afghanistan was destroyed in a U.S. airstrike says the "extensive, quite precise destruction" of the bombing raid casts doubt on American military assertions that it was a mistake.
The Oct. 3 attack on the compound in Kunduz city, which killed at least 22 patients and hospital staff, should be investigated as a possible war crime, said Christopher Stokes, general director of Doctors Without Borders, which is also known by its French abbreviation MSF. The trauma hospital was bombed during a firefight between Taliban and government troops, as U.S. advisers were helping Afghan forces retake the city after the insurgents overran it and seized control on Sept. 28. Afghan authorities say they are now largely back in control of Kunduz.

2c24e77371a145c8bf113502cc463f5c_0-big.jpg

An employee of Doctors Without Borders walks inside the charred remains of their hospital after it was hit by a U.S. airstrike in Kunduz, Afghanistan. Christopher Stokes, general director of Doctors Without Borders, which is also known by its French abbreviation MSF, whose hospital in northern Afghanistan was destroyed in a U.S. airstrike, says the “extensive, quite precise destruction” of the bombing raid casts doubt on American military assertions that it was a mistake.​

U.S. President Barack Obama has apologized for the attack, and the commander of U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan, Gen. John F. Campbell, said it was a mistake. He said the strike had been called in by Afghan forces, but has not explained exactly how it happened or who granted final approval. Internal military investigations are underway, with preliminary results expected in coming days. According to Associated Press reporting, American special operations analysts were scrutinizing the Afghan hospital days before it was destroyed because they believed it was being used by a Pakistani operative to coordinate Taliban activity. The analysts knew it was a medical facility, according to a former intelligence official who is familiar with some of the documents describing the site.

It's unclear whether that information ever got to commanders who unleashed the AC-130 gunship on the hospital. "The hospital was repeatedly hit both at the front and the rear and extensively destroyed and damaged, even though we have provided all the coordinates and all the right information to all the parties in the conflict," Stokes said, standing in the burned-out main hospital building. "The extensive, quite precise destruction of this hospital ... doesn't indicate a mistake. The hospital was repeatedly hit," Stokes said. The bombing went on for more than an hour, despite calls to Afghan, U.S. and NATO to call if off, MSF has said.

MORE

U.S. and Afghan troops riding in an armored vehicle rammed the locked gate at the MSF hospital

Pentagon: Troops rammed gate of bombed MSF hospital
Oct. 20, 2015 - Doctors Without Borders staff were within the compound at the time.
The Pentagon confirmed U.S. and Afghan troops riding in an armored vehicle rammed the locked gate of a Doctors Without Borders hospital that had been bombed in Kunduz, Afghanistan. The incident occurred Thursday as the joint force arrived at the scene to conduct a "a structural integrity assessment" of the facility, which had been damaged nearly two weeks earlier in U.S. airstrikes that killed at least 22 people, including 12 staff members with Doctors Without Borders, also known as Médecins Sans Frontières. "They did it. They shouldn't have. They are going to make it right," Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis told reporters, noting the team arrived to the surprise of MSF staff, who were "understandably not happy."

Pentagon-Troops-rammed-gate-of-bombed-MSF-hospital.jpg

Davis said the team did not know hospital staff were on site at the time and that they ordered their Afghan counterparts to ram the gate "in the interest of safety" due to the persisting threat of attack in Kunduz. He promised the gate would be fixed. The Guardian quoted a Friday statement by MSF that said "the unannounced and forced entry damaged the gate to the property, potentially destroyed evidence, and caused stress and fear for the MSF team that had arrived earlier in the day to visit the hospital." MSF says the entry "occurred despite an agreement made between MSF and the joint investigation team that MSF would be provided advance notice before each step of the process involving the MSF's personnel and assets."

The United States, Afghanistan and NATO are each conducting separate investigations into the Oct. 3 airstrike, which was requested by Afghan forces fighting to regain Kunduz from the Taliban. MSF has called for an independent investigation into the airstrikes, which it says persisted for more than an hour despite pleas by medical staff, completely destroying the hospital and depriving hundreds of thousands of people in northern Afghanistan of emergency trauma care. U.S. officials earlier this month assumed full responsibility for the strike, saying the United States would compensate victims and order coalition forces in the country to undergo rules of engagement training.

Pentagon: Troops rammed gate of bombed MSF hospital

Special Operations air and ground troops punished for Kunduz hospital attack...

AC-130 Crew Members, Ground Troops Punished for Kunduz Hospital Strike
Nov 25, 2015 | Several U.S. Special Operations air and ground team members have been suspended for a stunning and fatal series of mistakes that resulted in an AC-130 gunship repeatedly hitting the wrong target in the Kunduz hospital strike last month that killed 30 people, the U.S. commander in Afghanistan said Wednesday.
"No nation does more to prevent civilian casualties than the United States, but we failed to meet our own high standards on October 3" in the airstrike on the Doctors Without Borders trauma center, said Army Gen. John Campbell, commander of the NATO Resolute Support Mission and U.S. Forces- Afghanistan. "This was a tragic, but avoidable accident caused primarily by human error," Campbell said in giving a long-awaited preliminary report on the findings and recommendations of a continuing Article 15-6 investigation into the incident under the Uniform Code of Military. The investigation led by Army Maj. Gen. William Hickman, who is not in Campbell's command, could potentially lead to courts-martial.

In response, Doctors Without Borders said in a statement, "The frightening catalogue of errors outlined today illustrates gross negligence on the part of U.S. forces and violations of the rules of war." In a briefing from Kabul, Campbell was circumspect to avoid the appearance of "undue command influence" on possible court proceedings, but said "I can tell you that those individuals most closely associated with the incident have been suspended from their duties, pending consideration and disposition of administrative and disciplinary matters." Campbell and Pentagon officials did not say how many had been suspended, but military sources said the number could be as many as a dozen.

Campbell cited but did not identify a Special Forces commander on the ground in Kunduz, who allegedly relied on faulty targeting information from a Special Operations joint terminal attack controller, or JTAC, and failed to verify it. The New York Times reported that a Special Forces captain in Kunduz had been relieved of his command Wednesday. Campbell left the briefing after making a statement and did not take questions. Army Brig. Gen. William Shofner, the public affairs chief in Kabul who followed Campbell to the podium, did not respond directly or simply ignored questions on whether Campbell himself had been questioned as part of the investigation and could be subject to discipline.

Shofner also did not respond directly when asked repeatedly whether the U.S. would now support an independent international investigation of the Kunduz strike as requested from the start by Doctors Without Borders (Medecins Sans Frontieres, or MSF). Campbell outlined a chain of events in the early morning hours of Oct. 3 that ended in a scene of carnage at the hospital, where intensive care unit patients burned in their beds and others attempting to flee were cut down by the AC-130's mini-guns, according to MSF.

MORE

I respect what these people do..................But this can happen in a War Zone.................According to the DOD they thought the facility was not at the strike point.............and the pilots were being told that Friendlies were under fire from that spot......................So they fired...........I guarantee that the pilots didn't think they were hitting DWB's................Our pilots are only human, and mistakes on the battlefield can happen..................It is what happens in War...........Accidents have happened before this, during this, and will happen again.....................

Asking these guys to be perfect with every single strike they make is simple asking too much............

Forum List

Back