Doctors Without Borders Enraged Over 'Deliberate' Kunduz Hos

pwjohn

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Buttlick Kentucky
A top U.S. commander said Tuesday that the bombing of a Doctors Without Borders hospital in northern Afghanistan was accidental -- but the humanitarian group, also known as Médecins Sans Frontières, claims otherwise.

The hospital, the only one of its kind in the region, was "deliberately bombed," according to a statement released Tuesday by Dr. Joanne Liu, MSF's international president. "The attack was unacceptable."

Doctors Without Borders Enraged Over 'Deliberate' Kunduz Hospital Bombing

I have been reading about this. It is horrific. I doubt very seriously that it was intentional. That would be entirely too risky a move.

Obama SHOULD be standing trial for war crimes.

It's possible. The rules of engagement for an ac-130 are non existent when compared to other weapons systems & platforms.
And that of course leaves the crew fully exposed so to speak.
How convenient for the generals and most of all, our commander in chief.

I have been reading about this. It is horrific. I doubt very seriously that it was intentional. That would be entirely too risky a move.

You're probably correct in your thinking, but is a war crime by mistake, still a war crime? They had no intention of bombing the hospital but did so anyway based on information from troops on the ground. If fire control computers were part of the problem, that might be enough to get the crew off the hook altogether.

If not, the outcome looks bleak for the part of the crew responsible for pulling the trigger, and that's the worst part of all based on rules of engagement.

And that's where Obama comes in if necessary to take the heat, and or, get the crew off the hook. One way, or the other.

Last edited:
It was an airstrike called in by Afghan troops on the ground.

However..........................

You would think that the intelligence community would know where Doctors Without Borders was operating so that crap like this doesn't happen.

I'm not going to pass judgement just yet, we don't know all the circumstances yet, and to say who was at fault before all facts are known would be a bit premature.

As far as blaming Obama? I kinda doubt that he's running the war from the White House. Ever since Korea and Viet Nam, both Presidents and generals have known that it's almost impossible to do the day to day running of a war from the WH.

It was an airstrike called in by Afghan troops on the ground.

However..........................

You would think that the intelligence community would know where Doctors Without Borders was operating so that crap like this doesn't happen.

I'm not going to pass judgement just yet, we don't know all the circumstances yet, and to say who was at fault before all facts are known would be a bit premature.

As far as blaming Obama? I kinda doubt that he's running the war from the White House. Ever since Korea and Viet Nam, both Presidents and generals have known that it's almost impossible to do the day to day running of a war from the WH.

That's no excuse for the commission of war crimes by personnel under your command.

As a matter of fact it's well known that our military has met with nothing but failure on a massive scale when it comes to making soldiers out of afghans. And now suddenly were bombing hospitals at the direction of afghan soldiers. That by itself makes the crime all the worse and for obvious reasons.

I'd like to find out if the Afghans that called in the airstrike were supporters of Assad, ISIL, or the Taliban, or were they just rebels that made a bad call on bad intel?

Fuck those leftist doctors. They voluntarily went into a freakin' war zone.

Forum List

Back