Do you think the suspensions of Bautista and Odor are fair?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I've always felt that there is too much weight given to outcome and not enough on intent with baseball suspensions. If you watch Bautista's slide at Odor's leg he could have easily broken it, possibly ended Odor's career. Only Odor's quick reflexes saved his leg. Then you have Bautista staring Odor down just after trying to take him out. Odor clocked him but good. Wow that guy must have some boxing skills. But anyway what do you think? 8 games for Odor and 1 game for Bautista. Fair or not?

I've always felt that there is too much weight given to outcome and not enough on intent with baseball suspensions. If you watch Bautista's slide at Odor's leg he could have easily broken it, possibly ended Odor's career. Only Odor's quick reflexes saved his leg. Then you have Bautista staring Odor down just after trying to take him out. Odor clocked him but good. Wow that guy must have some boxing skills. But anyway what do you think? 8 games for Odor and 1 game for Bautista. Fair or not?
No. I don't think it's fair. Odor landed the "first" punch and for that he should be punished. I watched that play and brawl. The Chase Utley rule has every baseball follower acutely aware of every slide. It's tempting to say that Odor is holding a grudge for Bautista's bat flip from last season playoffs. Frankly, that doesn't matter. Odor punched Bautisa and got 8 games off. Bautista slid with malice into Odor and got 1 game off. This smells like one of those punish the young player and excuse the veteran situations.

I think Odor might have been a Welterweight boxer, that was one hell of an overhand right. Bautista is an excellent player but a little too much bat flip and chest puff. Just play ball, dude.

Odor should have gotten at least 25 games and probably 50+. Bautista should probably have gotten 10.

Forum List

Back