Do you think the Church would make an exception for rape and incest victims if....

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
... after the baby was born, the church was forced to provide financially for the child, including paying the rent provide clothes, food, healthcare and school tuition?

If they support the baby pre-birth (and it's a baby pre-birth), then they should fully support the baby post-birth.

I bet if that was the case they would not only make the exception for rape victims they would make it mandatory!

Yes I am speaking tongue and cheek, but it's amazing to me that anyone could take Huckabee's stance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cultural McCarthyism does not care about post-birth infants.

I hear the argument that abortion is the killing of a baby and it's barbaric. I totally get that point. I agree that 2nd and 3rd term abortion should probably be limited to birth defects detected or mother's life is in danger. But I can't grasp the argument that a rape/invest victim should be forced to have the kid. Abortion in those cases are the lesser of the two evils.

Limits on abortion are necessary, but I won't want to live in a country that had the Draconian abortion laws that Paraguay has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe in abortion before 12 weeks for rape, incest, defects, and life/health of the mother. After 12 weeks, only for the latter two. That would have to be coupled to post-birth financial and cultural support for poor mothers, infants, and children to obtain decent shelter, food, medical care, and educational opportunity.

Forum List

Back