Do you think it's possible to win a war on terror

Is it possible to win the war on terror?

• Yes, we'll eventually win and military involvement won't be necessary

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • No, it'll never end and we'll be chasing terrorists until the end of time.

Votes: 27 87.1%

• Total voters
No, just take a more defend our country approach than attack all of their countries approach.

Killing people's families and attacking their homeland creates more hate than defending ones ports and borders.

The way I see it is that its a matter of economics we prosecute the war on terror in a way that makes it so damned expensive for the other side that they have no choice to either stop what they are doing or be forced to stop by the indigenous population.

And no I have no problem killing people familys to end the blood shed they are also part of the process in that they are responsible for curbing the animals unless they feel the pain equally there is no reason for the terror to stop

How terrifying! Al Queda(and many other terrorist groups) also justify killing innocent people as well.

And sadly our government has that in common with Al-Qaeda.

Pretty cut and dry

The real question is, what's the alternative?

Stop listening to stupid fucking rhetorical sound-bite catch-phrases?

Why couldn't we have had a war on al Queda and anyone who support them? Instead, we had/have a broad war on terror that allowed a President to morph the emotions and rage we all felt on 9-11 into the invasion and occupation of Iraq.

So, far 99% of the terrorists are Muslims. So, why is the United States giving Muslim countries foreign aid, military training and weapons? Why have the U.S. politicians given nuclear technology to countries like Pakistan and India to build their own nuclear facilities? Pakistan has over 100 nuclear warheads and their people are starving and living in poverty.

It's convenient for politicians to create a hornet’s nest and call it terrorism. American politicians want "One World Order" where they're the Kings. We should either level the Middle East or get the hell out. Cut off all forms of aid and if they lift a finger to harm America level them again. That'll cure the problem.

The politicians are doing the same number on Americans with the Southern border. They've spend BILLIONS of dollars and made the problem worst because they want to. I saw Ted Nuggent on the News the other day and he said, "I know some guys down in Texas and we could have the border closed by 6:00 tonight."

The only way to cure the problems is strip the problem down to the ground and start over. The biggest problem we have in America is the Americans politicians. Every Politician needs to be voted out of office and never let any politician have more than one term in any office because the longer they stay in office, the more corrupt they become.

So, far 99% of the terrorists are Muslims. So, why is the United States giving Muslim countries foreign aid, military training and weapons? Why have the U.S. politicians given nuclear technology to countries like Pakistan and India to build their own nuclear facilities? Pakistan has over 100 nuclear warheads and their people are starving and living in poverty.

It's convenient for politicians to create a hornet’s nest and call it terrorism. American politicians want "One World Order" where they're the Kings. We should either level the Middle East or get the hell out. Cut off all forms of aid and if they lift a finger to harm America level them again. That'll cure the problem.

The politicians are doing the same number on Americans with the Southern border. They've spend BILLIONS of dollars and made the problem worst because they want to. I saw Ted Nuggent on the News the other day and he said, "I know some guys down in Texas and we could have the border closed by 6:00 tonight."

The only way to cure the problems is strip the problem down to the ground and start over. The biggest problem we have in America is the Americans politicians. Every Politician needs to be voted out of office and never let any politician have more than one term in any office because the longer they stay in office, the more corrupt they become.

When did we give nuclear technology to India and Pakistan?

Terrorism is a tactic that has been employed since the beginning of time. It will never be wiped out. You respond to terrorism just like you would respond to any crime.

Agreed....and I will add that terrorism has always been used by the underdog contingent in any struggle....those without the swords, those without the guns, those without the tanks, those without the nukes.

We could stop them in their tracks right now, if we let it be known that the bullets and bombs we are using is soaked in pigs blood. It stop them cold the last time this tactic was used. We should do it again.
But noooo, we have to be politically correct.

The last time that was used? When was that?

The "war" on terrorism will be as successful as a war on the tide. You can not use conventional means against a tactic like you can a nation. We can put a dent in terrorism and even make people think twice about becoming involved, but not at the end of a soldier's weapon. Covert ops and criminal prosecution will curtail terrorism. Honestly, terrorism needs to quit being front page news. It feeds the cycle because the terrorists are getting the attention they want. Think of all the covert ops during the cold war that you never heard about. They kept you safe with no muss and no fuss. We need to be hunting and killing terrorists and their leaders, but it needs to be kept secret. Media attention and the fear it fosters is as big a part of their weapon as the actual bombs they use. Deprive them of the attention.

Yes, there were "covert ops" during the cold war, but they were not necessarily successful.
See Laotian Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was a war that both the USA and the communists wanted to keep secret, but that the communists ultimately won.

I didn't say that keeping it secret means you win every battle. I said that being covert and flying under the radar deprives terrorists of the media attention they desire to help spread terror.

You can't buy peace. You create in environment where you are badder than they are and then they will leave you along. We have tried to buy friend for the 60+ years I have been around and NEVER succeed. Contrary to what the Libs say you can't negotiate with a terrorist you just kill him. Considering what we have gotten out of the Middle East in the past 30 years we protect our oil interest in Saudi Arabia and tell the rest of them to leave us alone or we will blow up their oil field, then they will be broke and can't fund the terrorist. I know we won't do it but it sounds good to me. After we explained to Japan what our plan was to win the war they saw it our way and surrendered.

Walk softly and carry a really big stick.

Freedom is superior to Tyranny so in a war of ideals freedom will win. It is not as cut and dry as you make it out to be however.

No it is not simple at all. I am just making the point that we either fight to preserve our way of life or we lose. These terrorist are killing for the fun of it. The drug cartels in Mexico are winning because the authorities in Mexico have either been bought off or don't have the balls to stand up to them and Obama, Bush and other just try to buy the Hispanic vote and will not close the border. We are the only country in the world for a tea sieve for a border, it is a joke. If it is worth fighting then fight to win. I bet that if more congressmen had family in Iraq or Afghanistan they would have a different opinion.

What a rambling collection of complete nonsense

No it is not simple at all. I am just making the point that we either fight to preserve our way of life or we lose. These terrorist are killing for the fun of it. The drug cartels in Mexico are winning because the authorities in Mexico have either been bought off or don't have the balls to stand up to them and Obama, Bush and other just try to buy the Hispanic vote and will not close the border. We are the only country in the world for a tea sieve for a border, it is a joke. If it is worth fighting then fight to win. I bet that if more congressmen had family in Iraq or Afghanistan they would have a different opinion.

I agree with you. My thought was to the OP.
The gray area is in how one defines terrorism
Timothy McVeighs? Jared Loughner?
Evil will always exist in the world.

You got any idea how many still believe that they won't go to heaven with pig's blood on them?
Many and I mean many still believe in superstiton, especially the ones that they are recruiting for terrorist jihad, They actually believe that they will go to heaven with the 70 virgins. That is also superstition.

How many? I don't think there are any stats on that. Probably the elders believe in a lot of it, just like elder Jews are the ones who don't want peace with Palestine. But in every Mideast or African country that has been a part of the so-called "Arab Spring" uprising, the revolutionaries average 30 years and younger. They have access to all the modern western means of communication, and have been enlightened. So I'm not so sure there are that many strong followers of the religious restrictions of Islam anymore.

Not to be rude but you really don't have a clue what you are talking about. :doubt:

Do you think those young people want to be restricted by their religious mandates? It's got to be just as tempting to be free from the clutches of tradition as it is for many young Christians whose parents and church forbid what young people naturally want to do. It doesn't mean they have to abandon the religion. Look how the young Muslim women in Iran have defied the strict dress code. Off with the hijab, and in with the makeup and stylish coifs!

We could stop them in their tracks right now, if we let it be known that the bullets and bombs we are using is soaked in pigs blood. It stop them cold the last time this tactic was used. We should do it again.
But noooo, we have to be politically correct.

The last time that was used? When was that?

In think in the movie "Carrie."

Do you think those young people want to be restricted by their religious mandates? It's got to be just as tempting to be free from the clutches of tradition as it is for many young Christians whose parents and church forbid what young people naturally want to do. It doesn't mean they have to abandon the religion.
An look what the young people have done once they went against their parents and church.

50% of children born to unwed mothers.

1 in 4 teenagers has an STD

Drug use and alcoholism among the young is epidemic

Need I go on??

When any society throws away morals and boundries this is what you get.

Thats why we as Muslims keep a tight rein on our young.

Because we don't want them to end up like the decadent and immoral western kids. :doubt:

Do you think those young people want to be restricted by their religious mandates? It's got to be just as tempting to be free from the clutches of tradition as it is for many young Christians whose parents and church forbid what young people naturally want to do. It doesn't mean they have to abandon the religion.
An look what the young people have done once they went against their parents and church.

Need I go on??

Because we don't want them to end up like the decadent and immoral western kids. :doubt:

Well then let's get back to whether or not the young Muslim generations are adamant enough to follow the portions of the Quran that call for jihads and skip the morals part of parent/child. If you're a parent, you do what you think is right, and I have no right to interfere with that. I hope I'm simply making the point that the younger generations aren't as interested in holy wars, just as young Israelis aren't interested in holy wars either, nor are they swayed by decades of wailing over the oppression of Jews.

Need I go on??

Yes you Muslims certainly show your young how to do it right don't you Lets see the killing of young girls for dishonoring the family ya that's a real proud one.

Or how about stoning to death the young girl that is raped because she dishonored her religion by allowing herself to be raped in the first place.

Or hell how about mutilating young girls so they cannot have pleasure during sex ya that's one that needs to be taught to all your young.

Hell where do we start with the nonbelievers men women child yes kill them all seems to me you've taught the children that lesson quite well.

The Muslim mindset has no place in this century your a throw back to the 14th century.

Taught your children well......indeed

Teenage or unmarried pregnancy is basically non existant among Muslims

Both boys and girls are taught to wait untill marriage before having sex.

Yes we are strict with our kids.

But we expect them to grow up and become moral and productive adults.

And good marriage partners and parents. :cool:

Forum List

Back