Do you support paying your share for Cap and Trade?

Do you support paying for Cap & Trade, Carbon Credit Offsets?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Just a straw poll yes or no or I'm not sure. Do you support the newest tax that our government is getting ready to place on you?

It's a great big scam designed to levy the biggest tax on Americans in history.. Al goracle and the democwats ought to be ashamed of themselves, there is a special place in hell for the likes of al gore..

It's a great big scam designed to levy the biggest tax on Americans in history.. Al goracle and the democwats ought to be ashamed of themselves, there is a special place in hell for the likes of al gore..
The name always gave me the willy's... I believe it is nothing more than a money scam but still wanted to see how many on USMB would say yes or no or maybe.

44 Dems voted against it. :eusa_whistle:

They are part of the Blue Dog Coalition. Just in case anyone doesn't know who they are or what they believe in, here's a link:

Blue Dog Coalition

Well, they did have the eight squish sellout republicans flying cover for them.

With any luck, this steaming heap of shit will get killed in the Senate or reconciliation.

I met this old democrat senator down in Missouri the first time Rod brought me east. Sweet ole guy, well I thought (Rod said he had the hots. I told him surely not. Then our friends said he asked where's that sexy young thing that visited you guys from out west).

Anyhow he asked me about the local politics where we lived. I told him I don't know much about politics. He said well there has to be some hot race. What's the hottest election going? I said well I guess that would be the sheriff's election they say he's a crook but he's always been decent to me. He says, "Awe honey, all sheriff's are crooked. Why I was a sheriff for seventeen years. I would know." The guy had been a senator for twenty one years after being a sheriff for seventeen years.....

Long term politicians on a whole are not in it for the good of the people.

Well, they did have the eight squish sellout republicans flying cover for them.

With any luck, this steaming heap of shit will get killed in the Senate or reconciliation.
The Republicans that voted Aye

Bono Mack (R, CA-45)

Michael Castle (R, DE-0)

Mark Kirk (R, IL-10)

Leonard Lance (R, NJ-7)
Frank LoBiondo (R, NJ-2)
Christopher Smith (R, NJ-4)

John McHugh (R, NY-23)

Dave Reichert (R, WA-8)

The 44 Democrats that voted Nay

Jason Altmire [D, PA-4]
Michael Arcuri [D, NY-24]
John Barrow [D, GA-12]
Robert Berry [D, AR-1]
Dan Boren [D, OK-2]
Bobby Bright [D, AL-2]
Christopher Carney [D, PA-10]
Travis Childers [D, MS-1]
Jim Costa [D, CA-20]
Jerry Costello [D, IL-12]
Kathleen Dahlkemper [D, PA-3]
Lincoln Davis [D, TN-4]
Peter DeFazio [D, OR-4]
Joe Donnelly [D, IN-2]
Thomas Edwards [D, TX-17]
Brad Ellsworth [D, IN-8]
Bill Foster [D, IL-14]
Parker Griffith [D, AL-5]
Stephanie Herseth Sandlin [D, SD-0]
Tim Holden [D, PA-17]
Ann Kirkpatrick [D, AZ-1]
Larry Kissell [D, NC-8]
Dennis Kucinich [D, OH-10]
James Marshall [D, GA-8]
Eric Massa [D, NY-29]
Jim Matheson [D, UT-2]
Mike McIntyre [D, NC-7]
Charles Melancon [D, LA-3]
Walter Minnick [D, ID-1]
Harry Mitchell [D, AZ-5]
Alan Mollohan [D, WV-1]
Glenn Nye [D, VA-2]
Earl Pomeroy [D, ND-0]
Nick Rahall [D, WV-3]
Ciro Rodriguez [D, TX-23]
Mike Ross [D, AR-4]
John Salazar [D, CO-3]
Fortney Stark [D, CA-13]
John Tanner [D, TN-8]
Gene Taylor [D, MS-4]
Peter Visclosky [D, IN-1]
Charles Wilson [D, OH-6]

Two that were not present for a vote.

R-Jeff Flake (AZ) Daughter in a beauty pageant?

R- John Sullivan (OK). Recovering alcoholic?

Forum List

Back