Do you pray for the President?

I wish him well but I don't pray.

I wish ALL of our presidents well regardless of party

I would be honored to share a beer with ANY president regardless of party

regardless of party affiliation I believe I would like (personally) both bushes, clinton and obama

as an atheist I do not pray

• Banned

regardless of party affiliation I believe I would like (personally) both bushes, clinton and obama

You don't have be religious to pray. Offering well wishes is a form of prayer. Only theists think prayer must involve a deity.

It makes me happy when I hear that people wish the President well.

I don't think Bush II was a good prez, but he's someone I could definitely kick it with at a baseball game--as long as he bought the $7 beers. :D

About the OP, I don't pray for or against anything. :dunno:

Do you wish people well? If so, that's a form of wishing prayer.

Praying is appealing for some divine intervention. Wishing some well has nothing to do with anyone but yourself.

"I" am wishing someone well, not wishing that something else is going to make them well.

Yes, I wish others well.

You don't have be religious to pray. Offering well wishes is a form of prayer. Only theists think prayer must involve a deity.

Of course I wish him well. I don't agree with him, I don't particularly like him, and I certainly don't want him to be President. Nevertheless, he IS President. As he goes, so goes the nation, and as our nation goes, so goes the world. And I don't wish bad things on people as a rule.

You know......even though I do pray and meditate regularly, I generally don't offer up prayers for someone to Father unless I know them enough to know they would appreciate it. Some people react badly when you say that you're praying for them.

However. That being said, I do respect the office of the President of the US (blame it on my military adulthood), and do wish him well, even if on occasion he looks like he's selling out to the GOP.

I mean, shit.......I voted for George Jr. in 2000, and didn't vote for him in 2004. Even though I despised his treatment of our military, as well as the many major fuckups that he did in his 2 terms, I never wanted to see him harmed. However........if he'd been hit by that shoe thrown at him, I'd think it was one of the funniest things I'd seen in a while.

And, even though he had a grenade lobbed at him in Russia (?), I was grateful that the stupid bastard was still alive and able to (kinda) run this country, even if he did drive it into the ditch.

However...........people should try praying more often. Wanna know how to tell if your prayers are getting answered or not? Simple........start looking for those really cool coincidences in you day that help you out. Yes, Father DOES exist, and yes, he DOES speak to people on a regular basis, it's a question of if you have a conscience or not, that small little voice in your head that tells you something is a really great opportunity, or something that tells you things are fixing to go south.

But........maybe I will start praying for his health and well being. Everyone deserves at least that much.

I pray for all our politicians. I pray that God grants them wisdom.... but I think I hear God laughing and saying something about turning water into wine or raising the dead being achievable but wisdom in a politician isn't so easy.

I pray for all our politicians. I pray that God grants them wisdom.... but I think I hear God laughing and saying something about turning water into wine or raising the dead being achievable but wisdom in a politician isn't so easy.

:lol: There are miracles, and then there are MIRACLES.

Do you wish people well? If so, that's a form of wishing prayer.

Praying is appealing for some divine intervention. Wishing some well has nothing to do with anyone but yourself.

"I" am wishing someone well, not wishing that something else is going to make them well.

Yes, I wish others well.

I pray and I don't pray to a deity or consider prayer to be strictly the domain of divine intervention.

I consider well wishes to be a form of prayer. May you be happy. May you be free of suffering, etc etc. Of course it is personal. It is one person wishing wellness for another not wishing the intervention of a super being.

Of course, others see it differently.

:lol: There are miracles, and then there are MIRACLES.

What do you consider a miracle? I consider a miracle a complete change of heart.

Of course I wish him well. I don't agree with him, I don't particularly like him, and I certainly don't want him to be President. Nevertheless, he IS President. As he goes, so goes the nation, and as our nation goes, so goes the world. And I don't wish bad things on people as a rule.

I think it's great to wish someone well, especially a President that you didn't want to elect.

Being able to accept that the President is someone you don't agree with or like and still wishing him well is great spiritual practice.

I don't think Bush II was a good prez, but he's someone I could definitely kick it with at a baseball game--as long as he bought the $7 beers. :D

About the OP, I don't pray for or against anything. :dunno:

Laura Bush wouldn't be too happy with you. Bush II is an alcoholic.

Forum List

Back