Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

xsited1

Agent P
Sep 15, 2008
Little Rock, AR
The average federal worker's pay is $71,206.

Do you make more than this?

Note, do not include, say, your spouses pay. For example, if you make $50,000/year and your spouse makes $50,000/year, your answer would be 'No' (since you make less than $71,206/year).

This poll is private. Thank you for playing.

USATODAY.com

No, I do not.

I guess I better go work for the government because the private sector is just not paying enough.

My friends dad worked for the Government and made more than 71,000 when he retired. He also had a BA and a Masters, plus he worked for the Government for 30 + years. While working for the government, he also was transfered to four different cities.

I did till I quit working. $75/hr as a consultant. And I had a business with about 1 dozen employees.

However now I do not so I checked no.

Note, do not include, say, your spouses pay. For example, if you make $50,000/year and your spouse makes $50,000/year, your answer would be 'No' (since you make less than $71,206/year).

USATODAY.com

There is a difference between median and mean.

Actually, I worked in a government lab and they paid far below what I would make at a private lab. Far below. And I don't think this number is correct. I didn't make anywhere close to that. Like maybe 1/3 of that.

Actually, I worked in a government lab and they paid far below what I would make at a private lab. Far below. And I don't think this number is correct. I didn't make anywhere close to that. Like maybe 1/3 of that.

Thank you for bringing up that point. The reality is that someone who earns six figures from a government job could most likely make multiples of that number in the private sector.

Do you make more than $71,206 per year?

HELL YEAH!!!

I have more than that in my wallet as we speak.

cool...i've been looking at this pair of jimmy choo's

081CLUESAT_large_fr.jpg

USATODAY.com

I work for the federal government and I make twice that. I am also highly educated and have thirty years experience. Most in the private sector with similar responsibilities would not take my job because they would take a cut in pay and benefits.
The federal government has contracted out all lower paying jobs. It was part of the competition initiatives in place since Reagan.
80% of the people I work with have at least 20 years experience and advanced degrees.

USATODAY.com

Yes but i guarantee that i work much harder than the average federal worker .......

Do you make more than $71,206 per year?

HELL YEAH!!!

081CLUESAT_large_fr.jpg

Ooops!

Looks like I only have $65,000 in my wallet today...I could have sworn I had $85,000.

I guess that extra $20,000 either ended up in my pocket yesterday (thus in the wash)...or maybe it fell out as I was walking.

Either way, it's not worth my time to go searching.

Nope.

I didn't make anywhere near that when I worked for the gov't either.

I'm what you call an underachiever.

USATODAY.com

Yes but i guarantee that i work much harder than the average federal worker .......

However, the fact that you work harder for less makes you less intelligent than the average federal worker.

HELL YEAH!!!

081CLUESAT_large_fr.jpg

Ooops!

Looks like I only have $65,000 in my wallet today...I could have sworn I had $85,000.

I guess that extra $20,000 either ended up in my pocket yesterday (thus in the wash)...or maybe it fell out as I was walking.

Either way, it's not worth my time to go searching.

lol.. i think they're a bargain at under $700 ;)

try looking for the cash in the pants you just tossed into the laundry.

try looking for the cash in the pants you just tossed into the laundry.

And venture down to the southwest wing where all of my illegal Mexican immigrant laundry people are working?

NO WAY!!! I'm liable to get killed!

Plus, I've never been down to that part of the house.

USATODAY.com

However, the fact that you work harder for less makes you less intelligent than the average federal worker.

Or i'm not as lazy as the average federal worker ....:razz:

Forum List

Back