Zone1 do you like hearing Latin?

do you like it?

• Total voters
who does?
(1) I personally do not care either way when it comes to hearing Latin (which, of course, I do not understand).

(2) BUT I think that a knowledge of Latin would help American students make an intelligent guess about many words in the huge English vocabulary. (I am currently reading an English-language book about the Roman Empire. I am worn out rushing to Google to learn how to pronounce the names correctly of all those emperors and their wives and children and staff.)

(3) And for a few people, knowledge of Latin might help them in their professions. When a recent Pope announced in Latin his decision to retire, one of the reporters understood Latin and got the scoop. She was very modest about this ability, and replied that His Holiness's Latin was very clear.

(4) As an 86-year-old, I realize the truth of this Latin saying: Tempus fugit.

(1) I personally do not care either way when it comes to hearing Latin (which, of course, I do not understand).

(2) BUT I think that a knowledge of Latin would help American students make an intelligent guess about many words in the huge English vocabulary. (I am currently reading an English-language book about the Roman Empire. I am worn out rushing to Google to learn how to pronounce the names correctly of all those emperors and their wives and children and staff.)

(3) And for a few people, knowledge of Latin might help them in their professions. When a recent Pope announced in Latin his decision to retire, one of the reporters understood Latin and got the scoop. She was very modest about this ability, and replied that His Holiness's Latin was very clear.

(4) As an 86-year-old, I realize the truth of this Latin saying: Tempus fugit.
in my youth the credo and the gloria were still sung in Latin in church

Anyone who does much singing, especially in classical hymnology, sooner or later sings something in Latin.
And it generally sounds pretty good.
i still can sing the credo, gloria, and pater noster in latin

i still can sing the credo, gloria, and pater noster in latin
All the more fool you .

Expect you are hearing English but you have not yet reached the stage where your ears picks that up .
I am assuming you have two , to match your two splendid brain cells .

Forum List

Back