Votes: 3 11.1%

Votes: 5 18.5%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 3 11.1%

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Last night the positives exceeded the negatives. That surprised me for this forum. Today it's closer to what I expected.

I can't answer a 'feeling' poll about the president. Now, if you ask me my opinion of his effectiveness in the time he's served, then I could answer. I don't love or hate the president. I certainly do not have indifference to the presidency as an office.

Yep. I actually find it a tad creepy that we're supposed to 'feel' "hate" or "affection" for any politician. I guess feelings have replaced logic in 21st century America. :lol:

I interpret this as "feeling" about his performance in office, thus: 5.

Then it should have been worded as such... not 'Do you have affection for Obama'. Affection? Seriously... for a politician? Sick. Having said that, the OP is not exactly a wordsmith.

Yep. I actually find it a tad creepy that we're supposed to 'feel' "hate" or "affection" for any politician. I guess feelings have replaced logic in 21st century America. :lol:

Then it should have been worded as such... not 'Do you have affection for Obama'. Affection? Seriously... for a politician? Sick. Having said that, the OP is not exactly a wordsmith.

5 is "indifference", that also expresses my "affection".

The OP said what the OP intended. Perhaps you have no feeling for Obama. Many do. Perhaps you do but won't be honest about it because of other feelings you have which you are not hiding well.

A phenomenon has been observed across the nation where many people "like" the president on an emotional level - even a significant number who don't think highly of how he is doing his job.

But thank you for your continuing dedication to critiquing my threads. :thup: You're a trip.

Last edited:
Somewhere about the Adolph Hitler/Joe Stalin level. He's just not a good man.
When he couldn't get into Ramstein with his phalanx of courtesan photojournalists for some magnificent photo ops and went to shoot some hoops instead was the decision point.
There would have been nothing wrong with his going to thank the wounded soldiers for their sacrifice, one by one, all by himself, which he could have, but didn't. That said volumes about the man. What it said reeked of sheep or goat excrement. He had no business even running for president. Dwight David Eisenhower rolled over in his grave.

Somewhere about the Adolph Hitler/Joe Stalin level. He's just not a good man.
When he couldn't get into Ramstein with his phalanx of courtesan photojournalists for some magnificent photo ops and went to shoot some hoops instead was the decision point.
There would have been nothing wrong with his going to thank the wounded soldiers for their sacrifice, one by one, all by himself, which he could have, but didn't. That said volumes about the man. What it said reeked of sheep or goat excrement. He had no business even running for president. Dwight David Eisenhower rolled over in his grave.

C'mon! Chamberlain, maybe.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being hate (or other strong negative feeling), 5 being indifference and 10 being love (or other strong positive feeling) ... how do you feel about Barack Obama?

why is there no ZERO on your Obumba scale? :confused:

"It would also triple the amount of funding to help at-risk veteran families avoid homelessness, and provide rapid rehousing assistance for veterans working their way out of homelessness. For the second straight year, President Obama's budget request provides record funding for the VA Grant and Per Diem Program, which provides transitional housing, health services, employment preparation and job placement assistance to more than 30,000 homeless veterans each year through local integrated service delivery systems."

Comment following article:
Isn't this the same guy who wants to cut veterans benefits and make them pay for medical??

Read more here: President Obama, First Lady Honored for Leadership to End Veteran Homelessness - PR Newswire - The Sacramento Bee

You give us an article that says:

"Under the leadership of President Obama, we are witnessing unprecedented national unity in the campaign to end and prevent veteran homelessness," Ryan said. "The progress we have seen from the federal agencies, the Congress, the community partners NCHV represents, and the American people in just the last three years give rise to the expectation that this campaign will succeed."

and then say, "Isn't that the guy...." without any proof? One of the most stupid posts EVER.

Maybe you have him mixed up with this REPUBLICAN Senator?

Coburn: Cut Back on Veteran's health care | Military Health Report

Tom Coburn’s cuts: Military’s Tricare Prime health care program targeted - The Washington Post

"It would also triple the amount of funding to help at-risk veteran families avoid homelessness, and provide rapid rehousing assistance for veterans working their way out of homelessness. For the second straight year, President Obama's budget request provides record funding for the VA Grant and Per Diem Program, which provides transitional housing, health services, employment preparation and job placement assistance to more than 30,000 homeless veterans each year through local integrated service delivery systems."

Isn't this the same guy who wants to cut veterans benefits and make them pay for medical??

Read more here: President Obama, First Lady Honored for Leadership to End Veteran Homelessness - PR Newswire - The Sacramento Bee

"Under the leadership of President Obama, we are witnessing unprecedented national unity in the campaign to end and prevent veteran homelessness," Ryan said. "The progress we have seen from the federal agencies, the Congress, the community partners NCHV represents, and the American people in just the last three years give rise to the expectation that this campaign will succeed."

and then say, "Isn't that the guy...." without any proof? One of the most stupid posts EVER.

Tom Coburn’s cuts: Military’s Tricare Prime health care program targeted - The Washington Post

Still waiting for those examples.

Nope. I've no affection. I do have appreciation for getting us out of the Bush stupidity and class warfare. I felt the same about Clinton, and wound up not caring about his blow jobs.

I posted the comment also, silly head, and I made that very clear in my post.
This is a 'foundation' set up by the first lady and the VP second lady (?).

What/Who is being ignored are ALL the NON-PROFIT agencies that have battled this for years and are already in place.

NON-PROFITS don't tax us.

There are people here who will remember this. We were all on the forum which shall not be named. There was a guy on there married with children, who said he found Obama sexually attractive. He got all bent out of shape when I told him he really needed to get some counseling regarding his latent tendencies before he hurts son innocent people.

What/Who is being ignored are ALL the NON-PROFIT agencies that have battled this for years and are already in place.

What did you think of Republican Senator Tom Coburn. You know, he's a doctor and he wants to cut health care for Veterans. With Republicans doing so many terrible things, why doesn't the base go after them? Like the Catholic Bishops are doing? Just kidding. Obama is black. We all already know the answer. They simply can't see past that skin.

What did you think of Republican Senator Tom Coburn. You know, he's a doctor and he wants to cut health care for Veterans. With Republicans doing so many terrible things, why doesn't the base go after them? Like the Catholic Bishops are doing? Just kidding. Obama is black. We all already know the answer. They simply can't see past that skin.

Great job, as usual, moving the goal post.
From YOUR 'link' circa 7/2011: Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Oka.) aims to cut taxpayer funding for non-military elements of the Defense Department. He would, for example, make retired, “uninjured” members of the military service pay more for such benefits as “extremely low-cost health care for life” for themselves, their spouses and dependents under the Tricare Prime system

Did that happen? (LINK PLEASE) If so, welcome to the real world where Medicare and Medicaid are broken also.

For you, it is ALL about the color of a person's skin and political affiliation.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being hate (or other strong negative feeling), 5 being indifference and 10 being love (or other strong positive feeling) ... how do you feel about Barack Obama?

I voted 5.

My personal feelings about Obama is that he's a well intentioned guy who is out of his depth in the job. I think his intentions are in the right places and he's taking on some of the tough issues, but he stumbles as often and he strides. I think he's brought a knife to a gunfight.

I think it's great that he addressed Health Care, because it's a mess, but he didn't fix the main problem.

I give him credit for killing Bin Laden and saving the Auto Industry.

I think the Stimulus was a waste of money, because all it did was give large payouts to the states to avoid making the hard choices on public employees and pensions.

Forum List

Back