Do you have a secret crush on a fellow member of USMB?

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
Do you have a secret crush on a fellow member of USMB? If so, is this someone you didn't like or agree with when you first noticed them, or did you feel some kind of connection right away?

There is no need to name names. And if you respond, please keep it civil and on topic. :)

Yes.
Not the hate thing, but the "feel some kind of connection right away" part as you put it.

I'm a little embaressed, but I've always had a thing for BasicGreatGuy. All my life, I've been looking for a Basic Great Guy, and damn, you fit the bill.

Makes me so hot...*cackles*

Yes.
Not the hate thing, but the "feel some kind of connection right away" part as you put it.

Have you engaged in a friendship with this person apart from posting, or is this something that you prefer the other person not know? Has this attraction increased your use of USMB?

Have you engaged in a friendship with this person apart from posting, or is this something that you prefer the other person not know? Has this attraction increased your use of USMB?

It can not be something more then just posting.
I don't live in USA, and will never visit. There exists something called dragnet investigation, I automatically am included in this because of religion. I decline to share all my banking, health and other data with US government.

Some people will see me on their "who has visited this profile page"...
I am not stalking them, but I do "find all threads by this user" function.

It can not be something more then just posting.
I don't live in USA, and will never visit. There exists something called dragnet investigation, I automatically am included in this because of religion. I decline to share all my banking, health and other data with US government.

Some people will see me on their "who has visited this profile page"...
I am not stalking them, but I do "find all threads by this user" function.

Thanks for sharing.

I love you all!

Well, except that one guy. And the other one. And I almost forgot that one....and that one too. :doubt:

But otherwise....Muah!

On a serious note, why should it matter at all if you agree, or had a bad first impression? Politics isn't personal, and sometimes when you get to know people you find out your first impression was wrong. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

I love you all!

Well, except that one guy. And the other one. And I almost forgot that one....and that one too. :doubt:

But otherwise....Muah!

On a serious note, why should it matter at all if you agree, or had a bad first impression? Politics isn't personal, and sometimes when you get to know people you find out your first impression was wrong. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

I am just a curious kind of guy. That is why I asked. Often times, what appears to be a "no way in the world" thought or moment, ends up being a "I can't believe I even thought that, and I almost missed out on a wonderful friendship" laugh.

Last edited:

I am just a curious kind of guy. That is why I asked. Often times, what appears to be a "no way in the world" thought or moment, ends up being a "I can't believe I even thought that, and I almost missed out on a wonderful friendship" laugh.

Been there, done that, learned not to take disagreements over stuff that doesn't really matter personally - in life as well as online. No secret crushes here, but if there were I doubt any disagreements over most of the stuff that gets posted 'round here would be a problem.

Emotional attachments to digital representations of people I've never met? Not likely.

I agree, although I am married and not looking. I do notice that guys seem to gravitate to attractive avatars, even though they are probably not a true representation of the owner.

Forum List

Back