Do you go to Vietnamese restaurants?

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
I have gradually gotten over thinking of them as The Enemy.

There are other Asian food options.

They CHEATED on the cease-fire in spring of 1975. ("Peace is at hand") Henry K. Dec 1972

58,000 families of dead American servicemen would not be so kind.

IMO - the Vietnamese govt should make an official apology for breaking the cease-fire................................

IMO - the Vietnamese govt should make an official apology for breaking the cease-fire................................

Change your calendar. It's not 1967 anymore.

It's been a while since I ate bún. Think I'll go buy some this weekend.

Yes, I do. I hated the Cong and the NVA, not the Vietnamese people. I worked with many good people in South Vietnam, people I believed (and still do) were worth protecting, worth fighting with and for. They were loyal to us, trusted us, and it broke my heart when America abandoned them.

I have some dear friends yet, a Vietnamese family who managed to get out after the war was over; they are wonderful people, who went through hell to get here. Their children were born here, as American as you and I; they have never known their ancestral homeland, though they still speak the language. I see them living here in freedom now, and I think that is what we fought for, after all.

Yes, I do. I hated the Cong and the NVA, not the Vietnamese people. I worked with many good people in South Vietnam, people I believed (and still do) were worth protecting, worth fighting with and for. They were loyal to us, trusted us, and it broke my heart when America abandoned them.

I have some dear friends yet, a Vietnamese family who managed to get out after the war was over; they are wonderful people, who went through hell to get here. Their children were born here, as American as you and I; they have never known their ancestral homeland, though they still speak the language. I see them living here in freedom now, and I think that is what we fought for, after all.

let me give you some perspective.

Mitsubishi
Mercedes-Benz

have any of that? Life goes on.

Do you have any idea how many Vietnamese worked with us, helped us, and treated us with nothing but kindness? Do you understand the price a lot of them paid for that; how many were tortured and executed in the "re-education camps"?The survivors of that, are the ones that are over here; they were NOT the enemy. Listen, I fought there, and those refugees damn sure don't owe me an apology, because my country left them to die. If anything, I owe them one, for not doing better for them, but not one of them has ever asked. What the hell is your malfunction?

I'm having another night sitting up with demons and ghosts from back then anyway, and right now, I hope you'll excuse me for not being too happy with this shit you posted, because at the moment, it is making me feel just a bit sick.

They CHEATED on the cease-fire in spring of 1975. ("Peace is at hand") Henry K. Dec 1972

I have a photo of Lew Alcindor eating pho. It's signed.

Are you advocating that we cease eating hummus as well?

Gin, are you a Vietnam Veteran? If you are, and you saw combat, I can understand why you would ask this question.

Short answer, no, he isn't and I am; yet he's the one who hates them (apparently including the ones we went there to protect in the first place). Go figure.:cuckoo:

Gin, are you a Vietnam Veteran? If you are, and you saw combat, I can understand why you would ask this question.

Short answer, no, he isn't and I am; yet he's the one who hates them (apparently including the ones we went there to protect in the first place). Go figure.:cuckoo:

I was just wondering. If he had served and had PTSD, I would have totally understood his unwillingness or inability to enter a Vietnamese restaurant. Sometimes, even a smell will trigger a bad memory or a flashback. You probably know all about that. I understand.

But now that I understand that it's just bitterness from a historical standpoint.....okay.

I was just wondering. If he had served and had PTSD, I would have totally understood his unwillingness or inability to enter a Vietnamese restaurant. Sometimes, even a smell will trigger a bad memory or a flashback. You probably know all about that. I understand.

But now that I understand that it's just bitterness from a historical standpoint.....okay.

Yeah, I know; I've lived with PTSD ever since I came home; I think I remember you said you had family members who served in Vietnam, so you know what that's like. I've learned to deal with it; some days (and nights) are better than others, but I've been lucky; some have it worse than I do.

Henry is just another **** Nazi. The Vietnamese, like the Iraqi's and Afghans, were NEVER an enemy of the nation formerly known as USA.
They just told you they were and , as usual, you believed them.:cuckoo:
OH LOOK ! Charlie Sheen fucked a poodle ! Wheeeeeeeeee.
Idiots. Turn the TV into a terrarium.

Forum List

Back