Zone1 Do you ever make decisions that may be more relevant to other religions "just in case"?

As an aside: your first posts in this thread were grammatically correct and with good spelling, etc. And then this one. I've noticed this pattern a lot, a wild swing in the coherence of your posts. I hope you're okay....I mean that
It is just the hour, I awoke.with my headaches and my vision isnt very good. Its difficult to type on my tablet with clarity.

If a pig isn't meant to be food than what is it meant for?

From a biblical perspective, if we look at the creation account, no animals were meant to be food. (Genesis 1:29-30) They were also not put here just for us, as many Christians seem to think. All things were created by and FOR God. (Colossians 1:16) But the bible does say that God wanted mankind to have a companion, so although animals were not created simply for us, I believe that one of the reasons God created animals was to live alongside us... for us to love and take care of them, not exploit the hell out of them for our own selfish reasons.

And btw, pigs are even smarter than dogs, and just as social. So I see them as no different than dogs or cats, at least in all the ways that matter. :)

Last edited:
From a biblical perspective, if we look at the creation account, no animals were meant to be food. (Genesis 1:29-30) They were also not put here just for us, as many Christians seem to think. All things were created by and FOR God. (Colossians 1:16) But the bible does say that God wanted mankind to have a companion, so although animals were not created simply for us, I believe that one of the reasons God created animals was to live alongside us... for us to love and take care of them, not exploit the hell out of them for our own selfish reasons.

And btw, pigs are even smarter than dogs, and just as social. So I see them as no different than dogs or cats, at least in all the ways that matter. :)

Vegetarian? No thanks. I need some meat and taters

Vegetarian? No thanks. I need some meat and taters

I used to say the same thing. Anyway, I was just answering your question, I wasn't intending to get into a debate... especially an off-topic controversial one, at this hour, lol.
:night:

And btw, pigs are even smarter than dogs, and just as social. So I see them as no different than dogs or cats, at least in all the ways that matter.
Yes, I believe all three species are considered good eating.

I might use religious idioms like "Jesus wept" when someone does/says something retarded but I can't say that I let someone's "magic book" influence me one way or the other as far as the decisions I might make.

That said I suspect any moral ground I might stand on was influenced by religious teachings I learned as a child.

You know, your basic right from wrong.

Yes, I do have a lack of Faith in Jesus as a prophet. I said it and I'm sorry. If you knew the details.of my life in my country, a G_dless country for the most part; you would thoroughly understand and i have made this plea directly to the Lord myself explaining why I have lost Faith. Now, even as a kid I prayed to G_d,. Even as a person of sheer science who was Atheist, I would pray, again, "just in case". There have been moments I've felt an angel.on my shoulder. It has just been few and far between and I feel that the evil around us is very strong and broad.among men. Even in my darkest days I prayed and believed but felt no relief. If there is a G_d he will guide all of his believers. If his will be done I am experiencing a very low point.

Why do you assume your life has been harder than everyone else's?

Well, it is about the manner in which the animal was killed, certainly with hallal meat. Whether it is or not in practice is difficult to know, it does bother me to eat meat in general at times and I eat far less than in my youth.

I tend to not be as meat forward either but I really see no moral difference between eating a kashrut approved fish as opposed to a slab of ham and I doubt that having your throat slit to comport with zabihah guidelines is more humane than the way mainstream meat processors go about it. Anyway, not judging you. Was just curious about your seemingly nuanced rationale.

God doesn't make decisions for us. Can he guide us? I believe so abso!utely. He most thorougly understands us. We are all servants of G_d whether we appreciate it or not. Before the understading of Abrahamic Faiths what type of species were we? Very inventive, yes, but savages. G_ds guidance is invaluable. I am not trying to convert you, Ive been in your shoes. Be a good person, care for the truth and one another, this doesnt require religion. However, you will come to realizs one day and have Im sure already asked from time to time, "what is there beyond us, our origin, our souls fate"?

Not really what I meant.
If you get told that every time someone says hello to you, you pick your nose... you're doing what you've been told/trained to do. It means you're not thinking for yourself.
It's not about God, I don't believe there is a God or gods. This is about humans making a religion and then telling people to follow this religion.

Which is what you were talking about.

Eating Halal or Kosher food, for example, is humans telling other humans to do something for religious reasons. It's not about thinking "Halal is cruel" it's just "this is what you must do to be a Muslim".

I've exposed myself to different religious texts and health information. Pork, especialy if overcooked, is not good for ones health and is carcogenic. Let me give you another example, I learned this from a Jewish guy I used to hang out wth, wash your hands before every meal and say a small prayer before each meal, even if just an apple. Not too much to ask if we have a Creator, no?
Modern Roman based "christianity" (Catholic/Protestant) has borrowed heavily from paganism. Most professing "Christians" have no idea how much. They twist the Scriptures to fit their own ideas rather than approach the Book as the divine Word of God.

The single best thing you can do is read the VERY CLEAR Scriptures on a topic and OBEY. With obedience will come new understanding, and the more difficult Scriptures will quickly become understandable.

Forum List

Back