Do we have to pay income tax?

Itsmethatguy

May 20, 2009
After watching freedom to facism, I was left torn in two. One one side I said to myself "oh there definately has to be some law, that says we do. We get taxed on everything so why not this." Now the other side agrees and says "Wow right on the money about this issue, there is no law stating this." Now I'm not going to write anything, but I want to hear what you all have to say. Just keep this in mind though, U.S. District Court Judge, James C. Fox did say this "If you...examined [The 16th Admendment] carefully, you would find that a sufficient number of states never rafified that amendment." So what does everyone think?

The 16th Amendment was properly ratified and makes it legal and constitutional for the federal government to impose an income tax. I don't agree with the income tax either and would like to see it abolished, but there is no legitimate argument for the income tax being illegal.

Get use to the idea of paying taxes... You're going to be hearing alot about them real soon.

Im only playing devils advocate here. I havent made up my mind on this particular topic, but can you pull up the actual literature that says we have to pay a income tax? again this is only sake of arguement.

Im only playing devils advocate here. I havent made up my mind on this particular topic, but can you pull up the actual literature that says we have to pay a income tax? again this is only sake of arguement.

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration." - 16th Amendment

"Actual literature"? You mean, aside from the Constitution itself?

The 16th was ratified legally and acceptably, go to any site that lists the Constitution and they generally have a link to the ratification process of each amendment, who ratified when.

Forum List

Back