Do regulations curtail job growth?

Small Business is also hurting from the 2+ Trillion Dollars that are being hoarded in an attempt to make Obama a one term president.

You're not actually suggesting that companies are hoarding cash to hurt Obama's re-election chances, are you? No one could be that fucking stupid.

Small Business is also hurting from the 2+ Trillion Dollars that are being hoarded in an attempt to make Obama a one term president.

You're not actually suggesting that companies are hoarding cash to hurt Obama's re-election chances, are you? No one could be that fucking stupid.

Why yes I am.... in theory anyway... and yes they could. If the promise of MORE pandering from the right is what they see... it would be a good investment. Just let it sit there and collect interest until Obama is gone. Then when the righties take over, they can continue their profiteering ways with the full blessing of the administration.

Unless... Obama gets re-elected. Then they'll probably release it anyway. Even they can't stand to let their money sit idle for so long.... it would be a investment that didn't pan out... but they didn't lose anything.

Why yes I am.... in theory anyway... and yes they could. If the promise of MORE pandering from the right is what they see... it would be a good investment. Just let it sit there and collect interest until Obama is gone. Then when the righties take over, they can continue their profiteering ways with the full blessing of the administration.

Unless... Obama gets re-elected. Then they'll probably release it anyway. Even they can't stand to let their money sit idle for so long.... it would be a investment that didn't pan out... but they didn't lose anything.

OK, so you really are that fucking stupid. I'm glad we cleared that up.

Yeah.... because Holding off for more favorable(to them) conditions is fucking stupid...

Because Obama would never allow profiteering, right.:rolleyes:

Businesses and lobbyists don't care what party you're with, our elected officials are bought off clear across the isle. As long as a politician plays ball then they could be a member of the Goat Fucking party of America for all businesses care.

Businesses and lobbyists don't care what party you're with, our elected officials are bought off clear across the isle. As long as a politician plays ball then they could be a member of the Goat Fucking party of America for all businesses care.

So then the right wing theory that Obama's Policies are what is holding the economy back is bullshit... exactly as I thought.

No, says a conservative economist:

Do regulations curtail job growth? | Decisions Based on Evidence

the number of layoffs nationwide caused by government regulation is minuscule and shows no evidence of getting worse during the Obama administration.

This source also says no:

Do Regulations Really Kill Jobs Overall? Not So Much - ProPublica

Here is what the Bureau of Labor Statistics says:

Table 2. Reason for layoff: Extended mass layoff events, separations, and initial claimants for unemployment insurance, private nonfarm sector, selected quarters, 2010 and 2011

I also read a few articles that claimed gov regulations do in inhibit job growth, but what was interesting about all of the ones i read was that they were opinionated. None of them had any statisitics to go along with their claims. :eusa_whistle:

Hey, I'm open though. If someone can show me some concrete evidence that regulations SIGNIFICANTLY do inhibit job growth. then we can have a balanced discussion on it. It very well may be true that it is harder to start a business these days because of gov regulations, but the data above speaks for itself.

I am a 30+ year electrical contractor. The regulations coming out of the NEC (national electric code) for the last few years are extremely expensive adding about $1200.00 in materials alone in new code changes--that even electrical inspectors state are problematic and unnecessary.

You see government regulators need to justify their own jobs--and they ALWAYS make certain they do.

You mean this was your first indication?

Fine, don't trust me. That's your loss.

It's a quote, from a movie.

I never liked you. You know why? You don't curse. I don't trust a man who doesn't curse. Not a "fuck" or a "shit" in all these years. Real men curse.

My dad has always said that anyone who curses regularly, doesn't have anything more intelligent to say.

MODERATED - Dragging family through is a no-no
-Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Government seems to be the enemy of small businesses. It's certainly no friend at this point. They're making it harder & harder for average American Citizens to get ahead. It's actually easier to start a small business in places like Mexico and Honduras at this point. So listen to small business owners and not this economist. They're saying all these regulations are killing them.

So then the right wing theory that Obama's Policies are what is holding the economy back is bullshit... exactly as I thought.

For the most part, yeah. But his health insurance reform sure as hell didn't help.

So eliminate those regulations that are hurting small business.... but only for small business. They are there for a reason... and more often than not, it's Big business taking advantage of people for their own gain.

Much as you and other cynical ignorant bastards completely poke fun of it the Golden Rule i.e. "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" IF it were taught with as much religious fervor as "global warming"... would do away with much of the rules and regulations!
That is a fact no matter how you cynical dicks make it out to be religious, or some fruity principle!

BUT the "Golden Rule" if inculcated in advertising as extensive as "greening" would be CHEAPER then a cop on every corner!

For example.. I heard on the radio a person say.. "well if it becomes a law not to text and drive..I'll Obey the law!" GEEZ...
THE LAWS of physics should take precedence idiot!
BUT I bet YOU are one of those ignorant people that got all weepy eyed about "pollution" "global warming"..etc.... AND YET you drive the speed limit because there might be a cop around! NOT because it makes sense!

The same holds true with "rules and regulations"!
If MORE people realized the practical, economical, efficiency of following the Golden Rule, i.e. do unto others as you would have others do unto you"..
THERE WOULD NOT be the need for the following;

Case in point find examples where less money spent on compliance to Federal rules and regulations would be
better used.
An interesting fact is that businesses are now forced to spend $1.7 TRILLION a year in regulatory compliance costs. That is a massive hidden tax on their viability; it exceeds the overt income taxes businesses have to pay, and it most certainly exceeds their profits. And right now Obama is attacking them via the Dodd-Frank regulatory legislation, via the EPA, via OSHA, via ObamaCare and via the ridiculous actions of the NLRB in addition to their tax burden. Just to name a few. The result is businesses terrified to expand and further place their necks under Obama’s axe blade.

Case in point: "6 Pages of Obamacare Equals 429 Pages of Regulations"
Section 3022 of the law, which is about the Medicare shared savings program, take up just six pages in the 2,907-page Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
But HHS has turned that into 429 pages of new regulations and that's too much, says Republican Wyoming Sen. John Barrasso, a practicing doctor.
"Regulations increase the cost of doing business," he says. He distributed a fact sheet on the book of regulations to fellow Republicans this week.

6 Pages of Obamacare Equals 429 Pages of Regulations - US News and World Report

Fine, don't trust me. That's your loss.

It's a quote, from a movie.

I never liked you. You know why? You don't curse. I don't trust a man who doesn't curse. Not a "fuck" or a "shit" in all these years. Real men curse.

My dad has always said that anyone who curses regularly, doesn't have anything more intelligent to say.

That's because your dad was a dandy. Profanity is not an indicator of intelligence or aptitude.

If the only response an individual has is the repetition of the phrase "well fuck you man", he may have a point.

Last edited:
Do unto others? The Golden Rule? OK... I guess that doing unto others includes killing our working people with low end wages and outsourcing? If that's doing unto others... then I think the regulations and higher taxes fits the "do unto others" requirement very well... after all it was they that fucked a huge number of Americans... so I guess Americans are ready to "do unto others".

Economists are a dime a dozen. Go with what small business owners are saying. And they're saying Big Government is killing them with too many regulations.
No they're not.

dqj0jtmioui2ve6r8pnhqq.gif

Forum List

Back