Do NOT pick up a date in NYC!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
75,000 have HIV/AIDS in New York City

SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 10 (UPI) -- More than 75,000 people in New York City are known to be living with AIDS or are infected with the virus that causes the disease, health researchers reported.

The finding puts the prevalence of the deadly epidemic in the city at levels usually seen in Third World nations.

"Overall, about 1 percent of the total population of New York City is living with human immunodeficiency virus," said Denis Nash, an epidemiologist with the Center for Urban Epidemiologic Studies, part of the New York Academy of Medicine.

In a report at the 11th Annual Retrovirus Conference, Nash said the new figures, which were developed after the state of New York required health officials to report HIV cases, also show:

-- About 2.8 percent of all the men in New York City have HIV infection or have been diagnosed with AIDS, the late stage of infection.

-- About 3.9 percent of all men between the ages of 40 to 49 years have HIV infection or AIDS.

-- An estimated 25 percent of the people who live in New York and are infected with HIV are not aware of their status. Those people are not included in the totals.

According to the World Health Organization, an infection rate of 1 percent is a threshold at which government and civil services begin to feel the pinch of the health crisis caused by the epidemic. That puts New York City's epidemic on a par with half a dozen nations in Central and South America, as well as some countries in Africa and Asia.

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20040210-080401-8625r

WW made me do it I swear....NOT.... I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat........................I will not act like a democrat.....I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat........I will not act like a democrat........I will not act like a democrat........I will not act like a democrat.............................. I will not act like a democrat....I will not act like a democrat.........I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat....I will not act like a democrat.....I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat........I will not act like a democrat....I will not act like a democrat.....I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat........I will not act like a democrat....I will not act like a democrat.........I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat....I will not act like a democrat.....I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat...I will not act like a democrat........I will not act like a democrat....I will not act like a democrat..................I will not act like a democrat.......

mmmmmmmmmmm........eeemememeeemmm....what is that guy so happy about?.....dont he realize that all he is to her is a little happy meal... I will try to be nice...for awhile.....maybe...:D

na dem thers fightin words jim...ya wouldnt do that to me would ya?????? maybe I will make YOUR gay bear my new avator with YOUR name on it!!!!!In steelers colors!!!! HAHAHAHA.....

Originally posted by jon_forward
na dem thers fightin words jim...ya wouldnt do that to me would ya?????? maybe I will make YOUR gay bear my new avator with YOUR name on it!!!!!In steelers colors!!!! HAHAHAHA.....

:laugh:

Good one!

I couldnt do it if my life depended on it....I dont have a clue as to how I would do it....so have no fear....or very very little anyways...:D

75,000? Thats sad:( Out of curiosity, anybody know what kind of safe sex practices are encouraged in New York by the government, condoms or +abstinence?

Originally posted by jon_forward
this has been a news flash from Gay Bear Dysfunctional Care Bear news central....more gay news to follow.....

:eek:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Great !!

Forum List

Back