Do Muslims believe in the separation of Church and State?

I'm loving to hate Mooslims. They bring it on themselves though.

well, no they don't bring it on themselves. Certain extremist factions are trying hard to make you believe as you do. Apparently , their strategy is working.
C'mon man, wearing those sheets over themselves is like walking around with a billboard that says "I think non-mooslim women dress like whores". Plus, it's really, really dumb to wear a sheet over yourself, they just bring ridicule onto themselves.
Hmm. I travelled in India and Nepal and did travel in areas where women wore the full veil. It is eerie. It's kind of like the entire gender of women being erased as individual human beings.

Now I don't feel the same way about the shorter veil which many Muslim women claim helps them in their faith. This is what we are most likely to see in the US.
They wear veils because they are afraid to be raped or beaten if they don't. So it's not even a fully civilized society.

Their culture is very different from ours. Yet, we don't see that expression of Islam in America.
Of course we do, there are veils in the US. Maybe not anywhere near my place... But still. :D

I'm loving to hate Mooslims. They bring it on themselves though.

well, no they don't bring it on themselves. Certain extremist factions are trying hard to make you believe as you do. Apparently , their strategy is working.
C'mon man, wearing those sheets over themselves is like walking around with a billboard that says "I think non-mooslim women dress like whores". Plus, it's really, really dumb to wear a sheet over yourself, they just bring ridicule onto themselves.
Oh, brother, another lost soul has wandered in without a clue as to what he/she is talking about.
They wear veils because they are afraid of being raped if they don't. That's totally ridiculous, amoral and absurd.[/QUOTE]
That's your opinion. You're entitled to it.
It's what most of the world's infidels think.

Mudda--

Continue to argue for your hatred. You get to keep it. I can't imagine it feels very good, but it's your choice.

Hmm. I travelled in India and Nepal and did travel in areas where women wore the full veil. It is eerie. It's kind of like the entire gender of women being erased as individual human beings.

Now I don't feel the same way about the shorter veil which many Muslim women claim helps them in their faith. This is what we are most likely to see in the US.
They wear veils because they are afraid to be raped or beaten if they don't. So it's not even a fully civilized society.

Their culture is very different from ours. Yet, we don't see that expression of Islam in America.
Of course we do, there are veils in the US. Maybe not anywhere near my place... But still. :D
We may see the hijab. It's not a veil. The face is seen. AND it's a choice for women, not a requirement.

We don't tend to see burqas in the US. In numerous states they are banned.

We may see the hijab. It's not a veil. The face is seen. AND it's a choice for women, not a requirement.

We don't tend to see burqas in the US. In numerous states they are banned.
It's an affront to women to make them wear those sheets. They disgust me.

Mudda--

Continue to argue for your hatred. You get to keep it. I can't imagine it feels very good, but it's your choice.
Gee, I hate people who hate me (they hated me first). Seems like a pretty normal thing to do.

Mudda--

Gee, I hate people who hate me (they hated me first). Seems like a pretty normal thing to do.
That's your choice. Terrorists hate. Stopping them doesn't mean you have to hate all Muslims to do it

From what I know of Islam, there does not seem to be a discernible secular component to it at all.
In a brief search for the answer to that question I have come across varied Muslim offerings on the matter.

The "No's"

Dr. Ja`far Sheikh Idris at Islaam.com posits:

"So how are Muslims to approach the modern trend of separation of religion and state? The basic belief in Islam is that the Qur’an is one hundred percent the word of Allah, and the Sunna was also as a result of the guidance of Allah to the Prophet sallallahu allayhe wasalam. Islam cannot be separated from the state because it guides us through every detail of running the state and our lives. Muslims have no choice but to reject secularism for it excludes the law of Allah."

Does that sound ominous?Hold on, Dr. Idris attempt to put us at ease with:

"What needs to be pointed out is that under the law of Islam, other religions are not prohibited. At the same time, people are provided with doctrines for legislation and running of state that will protect people of all faiths living in the state."

OK, I feel much better now knowing that not all Muslims are out to convert or kill all people of other faiths. Hopefully this revelation by Idris is not some form of Taqiyya.. The recent story of Muslims protecting Christians in Kenya lends some credence to his words.

Continuing with more excerpts from Dr. Idris's narrative:

"Secularists in the West will agree with this, then they will point out that under Islamic law, people are not all equal. No non-Muslim, for example, could become the president. Well, in response to that fact, in turn, secularism is no different. No Muslim could become president in a secular regime, for in order to pledge loyalty to the constitution, a Muslim would have to abandon part of his belief and embrace the belief of secularism — which is practically another religion. For Muslims, the word ‘religion’ does not only refer to a collection of beliefs and rituals, it refers to a way of life which includes all values, behaviours, and details of living."

There it is. Dr. Idris, has put it succinctly and convincingly: The Separation of Church and State is not an option for Muslims. He is joined in that opinion by

Jamil Hamami:

Jamil Hamami, a Hamas leader and lecturer at Al Quds University, in a May 29, 1999 seminar posted on the Palestinian Academic Society for the Study of International Affairs (PASSIA) website titled "Political Islam in the Arab World," wrote:

"Some people think that talking about political Islam implies that there is a separation between religion and state. An in-depth look at the way and spirit of Islam would show that this is not true. Islam is state, religion and a way of life -- which includes all aspects of the daily life of the Muslim -- combined."

May 29, 1999 - Jamil Hamami

Is Islam Compatible with the Concept of the Separation of Religion and State? - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - ProCon.org

The Yes men....to be continued......

As with other religions, it depends on the individual

thanks for a really stupid answer. Kinda like answering "do Christians believe in the existence of GOD"? with depends on the Christian. Now for a real answer.
In Islamic ethos -----Islam IS the state. The only actually legal government is a
CALIPHATE ----ruled by a "caliph" who is considered a successor to muhummad and the "friend" of muhummad

Then how do you explain Muslim individuals who have presided of secular governments?

Yusof Ishak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks for an idiotic post------the man you describe was, CLEARLY, Not an adherent muslim. I really enjoy the stupidity of those who POINT OUT-----
the idiot----"I HAVE AN EXAMPLE OF ONE WHO DID NOT"

Mudda--

That's your choice. Terrorists hate. Stopping them doesn't mean you have to hate all Muslims to do it

IDIOT----show me the person who stated " I hate ALL muslims"

Mudda--

Read the forum here. Some people say those things.

Here's some of the garbage you've said:

"the scum of the earth play the KORAN VS HADITHS game-----the real issue is SHARIAH LAW----that law determined by KORANIC SCHOLARS is that which
actually does define islam. Any time a person says or writes------"SHOW ME THE VERSE IN THE KORAN"-----that is a clear proof that he is a piece of shit"

Last edited:
no, I thought there was at least 10k

at 3500 they don't make the +-3%
UPDATE:

The 2011 figures I posted have changed considerably in 4 years:

MilitaryReligion_12082015_V2.png

LD_muslim_soldier_grave_cf_151208_12x5_1600.jpg

There may be thousands of Muslim soldiers the US military. Over 400,000 soldiers did NOT report their religious faith. Many of those non- reporters could be Muslims who wanted to serve without all the harassment or some might just have played the Taqiyya card. Does that make you feel any better?
no

That's still an incredibly small number and the only way for people to harass you over your faith is if you tell them
Do you agree there may be many more Muslims in the military due to underreporting..for the reasons I have already stated?
Unlikely since serving in the military would be great pr

and I never identified
Pr does not trump harassment and derision by your fellow soldiers. Many Muslim SOLDIERS probably think it is better to just keep quiet about their faith.
I'll tell you this fact again.

Unless someone ask you or you share it, no one knows your faith.

we don't get to look it up.

that list is from a computerized listing, not people asking on bases.

What's your point? Muslims should be invisible in the military?

Mudda--

Read the forum here. Some people say those things.

Here's some of the garbage you've said:

"the scum of the earth play the KORAN VS HADITHS game-----the real issue is SHARIAH LAW----that law determined by KORANIC SCHOLARS is that which
actually does define islam. Any time a person says or writes------"SHOW ME THE VERSE IN THE KORAN"-----that is a clear proof that he is a piece of shit"

you see buried somewhere in that statement "ALL MUSLIMS"?? Interesting---most muslims I have known never read the koran. You lied ----try to own up to it

Fun die christians don't believe in the separation of church and state.

They believe in sharia law = laws based on (their) religion and forced on everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE:

The 2011 figures I posted have changed considerably in 4 years:

MilitaryReligion_12082015_V2.png

LD_muslim_soldier_grave_cf_151208_12x5_1600.jpg

There may be thousands of Muslim soldiers the US military. Over 400,000 soldiers did NOT report their religious faith. Many of those non- reporters could be Muslims who wanted to serve without all the harassment or some might just have played the Taqiyya card. Does that make you feel any better?
no

That's still an incredibly small number and the only way for people to harass you over your faith is if you tell them
Do you agree there may be many more Muslims in the military due to underreporting..for the reasons I have already stated?

and I never identified
Pr does not trump harassment and derision by your fellow soldiers. Many Muslim SOLDIERS probably think it is better to just keep quiet about their faith.

I am not sure I follow you. I just said many Muslims probably think it is best to just keep quiet about their faith rather than risk being harrassed by their fellow Christian soldiers...and we all do know how capable of hate Christians are..our history is full of examples. Your response indicates that I wasn't clear enough in defining "keeping quiet" about one's faith. Muslims who want to hide their Islamic identity aren't going to share that secret vocally...we agree on that. But neither are they going to wear any traditional clothing or accessories that belie their wish to keep their faith low key. Married Muslim soldiers may not have that privilege. Wives and children are not too good at pretending to be something they are not or at being disciplined enough to hide their true identities.

no

and I never identified

I am not sure I follow you. I just said many Muslims probably think it is best to just keep quiet about their faith rather than risk being harrassed by their fellow Christian soldiers...and we all do know how capable of hate Christians are..our history is full of examples. Your response indicates that I wasn't clear enough in defining "keeping quiet" about one's faith. Muslims who want to hide their Islamic identity aren't going to share that secret vocally...we agree on that. But neither are they going to wear any traditional clothing or accessories that belie their wish to keep their faith low key. Married Muslim soldiers may not have that privilege. Wives and children are not too good at pretending to be something they are not or at being disciplined enough to hide their true identities.
I can't help but think you're underestimating 'wives' (women) here.

no

and I never identified

If you give shit to someone over what they are (discriminate) while in the military, your career is over.

most people don't talk religion in the military

so the idea that muslims are living in fear isn't factual, it just isn't

and I never identified

If you give shit to someone over what they are (discriminate) while in the military, your career is over.

most people don't talk religion in the military

so the idea that muslims are living in fear isn't factual, it just isn't

I guess you aren't reading my responses. Didn't I just illustrate that wives and children of Muslim soldiers are likely going to betray any effort to keep religious anonymity under wraps. do you remember the "clockmaker" kid who raised alarms because his family is Muslim? How did the teacher know that the kid was a Muslim?

Muslims living in fear: Muslims living in the USA do have a cause for fear.
Recent reports of vandalism, desecration of mosques with pig blood and parts
are increasing under the auspices of Trump mania.

Forum List

Back