Do conservatives want farmers subsidies cut, yes or no? Please, just for the Cons.

Cut all farm related subsidies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
Question just for board Cons.

What sort of double talk bullshit will Cons give?

We know they would never answer yes or no.

Besides, their no never means no, and their yes never means yes.

Do you want to eat or not Golfing Gator?

Do you want to eat or not Golfing Gator?
Irrelevant to the topic, as the most massive of their subsidies don’t go towards food (though we do regularly pay them to throw away food or to not grow any at all).

An agricultural subsidy (also called an agricultural incentive), is a government incentive paid to agribusinesses, agricultural organizations and farms to supplement their income, manage the supply of agricultural commodities, and influence the cost and supply of such commodities.

Simply put, government wishes to influence what a farmer grows. In an effort to make sure we have a diversity of agri products. Also, it creates less highs and lows in food prices. All of this benefits far more than just the farmer. Farming is a high risk business. So, I ask again, do you want to eat or not?

An agricultural subsidy (also called an agricultural incentive), is a government incentive paid to agribusinesses, agricultural organizations and farms to supplement their income, manage the supply of agricultural commodities, and influence the cost and supply of such commodities.

Simply put, government wishes to influence what a farmer grows. In an effort to make sure we have a diversity of agri products. Also, it creates less highs and lows in food prices. All of this benefits far more than just the farmer. Farming is a high risk business. So, I ask again, do you want to eat or not?
GubmintSolipotence.jpg

View attachment 231406

Go ahead show me how we get all of these food products without subsidies.

What we would get is soybeans and a lot more nitrogen sales. That is what pays and what you need to get it.

Futures contracts and crop insurance do not mean profit is going to happen.

What we would get is soybeans and a lot more nitrogen sales. That is what pays and what you need to get it.

We'd get the food we want the same way we get teevees that we want.....50 years ago, you couldn't find fresh jalapeno peppers if your life depended on it, now they're everywhere.

You're talking like a Marxist.

View attachment 231406

Most of the subsidies go to corn. Corn is 70% of what’s grown here. What percentage are you afraid soybeans will reach if we take subsidies away from the shit eating farmer?

We'd get the food we want the same way we get teevees that we want.....50 years ago, you couldn't find fresh jalapeno peppers if your life depended on it, now they're everywhere.

You're talking like a Marxist.

We get all these foods because of creative farmers and government programs. I am fine with less subsidies, but it has a cost too. Higher food costs, which means you have more food stamps to pay out. It balances out. Granted, I am not fond of food stamps either. Also a less diverse set of food products.

I answered yes.

You have no evidence that ending the Marxist transfer of wealth from taxpayer to big agriculture would result in a food shortage

I can't complain about subsidies so much because we do have the cheapest food. (I'd say best, but we may have more food allergies than some other countries)

Corn and ethanol subsidies are NOT tied to protecting food supply. And we pay more beef because of it. But don't complain to Jodi Ernst about it or she'll threaten to "fix" you

Most of the subsidies go to corn. Corn is 70% of what’s grown here. What percentage are you afraid soybeans will reach if we take subsidies away from the shit eating farmer?

Farmers eat the same things you do...

Here's an interesting article about subsidies. Has eight reasons subsidies are bad. Agricultural Subsidies

You have no evidence that ending the Marxist transfer of wealth from taxpayer to big agriculture would result in a food shortage

Crop insurance and several other programs are lumped under subsidies. I think many of those programs help the smaller farmer. Trump is suggesting an income cap on who can get a subsidy. That has merit. It would also help uncover whether subsidies are needed to get the food production we need, as you suggested.

I can't complain about subsidies so much because we do have the cheapest food. (I'd say best, but we may have more food allergies than some other countries)

Corn and ethanol subsidies are NOT tied to protecting food supply. And we pay more beef because of it. But don't complain to Jodi Ernst about it or she'll threaten to "fix" you

Most of the subsidies go toward feed grains for livestock.

Forum List

Back