Zone1 Do Christians Proselytize out of “Love” - or Arrogance?

my simple understanding is
that she was made without using THE NASTY
Couldn't be more wrong. Her parents had sex. When conception occurred (sperm meets egg) the belief (according the Luke's account) she was given fullness of grace and thus preserved from original sin.

SO? what is your point. Daniel is written in
aramaic. Aramaic, in the first century BCE---was the
language of the street in JUDEA ----but you MUST
have known that very simple fact. EVERYONE
knows it.

Daniel was written in 164 BC.

Couldn't be more wrong. Her parents had sex. When conception occurred (sperm meets egg) the belief (according the Luke's account) she was given fullness of grace and thus preserved from original sin.

Neither Mark nor Luke ever met Jesus.

Daniel was written in 164 BC.
ok in aramaic. Lots of stuff was written in aramaic ---much to the horror of lots of kids. Doing the hebrew is bad enough. It is likely that Jesus spoke aramaic at
home and with his girl friend MAGDA---but he seems to have been literate in hebrew too. Did you know that aramaic is STILL USED----I mean----by jooos. I am not sure that it is precisely the same as the aramaic used by Copts

ok in aramaic. Lots of stuff was written in aramaic ---much to the horror of lots of kids. Doing the hebrew is bad enough. It is likely that Jesus spoke aramaic at
home and with his girl friend MAGDA---but he seems to have been literate in hebrew too. Did you know that aramaic is STILL USED----I mean----by jooos. I am not sure that it is precisely the same as the aramaic used by Copts

Cool.

Neither Mark nor Luke ever met Jesus.
There are many biographies that were written by someone who had never met the person about who he was writing. Information is often gathered by meeting with someone who had a story from someone else.

For example, I have never met a famous author. My grandfather did, and he had a story he told me. No reason for me to doubt the veracity of his story just because I never met the famous author.

the very first THEOLOGICAL argument that I heard took place between two if my playmates ---age ~ 6.
Lenore ACCUSED catholic Sandy of "praying to Mary"
Sandy said "NO --we pray FOR mary" ----I was clueless

My first theological argument that I can recall was when a Catholic School boy in my neighborhood called me a Christ Killer. I think I was around 6 or so, and I didn’t even know what he meant.

My first theological argument that I can recall was when a Catholic School boy in my neighborhood called me a Christ Killer. I think I was around 6 or so, and I didn’t even know what he meant.
Neither did he.

the word IMMACULATE scares me----my house is
SUPPOSED TO BE IMMACULATE -----it ain't
I hear you, sister! My goal is to keep ONE room immaculate, and that’s the living room. Other rooms…. Oye.

Well he got it from somewhere. His parents? The school?

But he DID know it was a bad thing to say to a Jew, and he said it. BTW, he is now in prison.
Catholic teaching is that Jesus willingly laid down his life for all. He also took it up again.

As you note, it is a hateful thing to say, and likely he got it from another hater. Could be he heard someone else say it, noted the shock value it had among others, and passed it on to you. Could be an ignorant parent or relative said it in passing and he picked up on it. Since he repeated it to you, I tend to go with the first theory. He wanted to hurt and how said is it that people learn to be abusive as young as six.

OH? what do catholic school kids THINK they
"know" when they yell at jewish kids for "killing
Jesus/christ" ?
Can't help you there because I attended Catholic school and that was never taught--and never done--by anyone. I am not doubting you and Lisa that it did occur--it is just not what happened where I lived (small Western town).

Forum List

Back