Do americans have a heath care toll free service?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
In Ontario we have a toll free service which is government funded. Obviously limited in scope outside of exchanging information about symptoms and doctors to visit etc. I was wondering if the U.S offers such numbers and/or if they are National or state by state run if they do exist.

Last edited:
In Ontario we have a toll free service which is government funded. Obviously limited in scope outside of exchanging informstion about symptoms and doctors to visit etc. I was wondering if the U.S offers such numbers and/or if they are National or state by state run if they do exist.
Obammycare has a number with lots of highly paid reps sitting around doing nothing....all at gubment expense.

In Ontario we have a toll free service which is government funded. Obviously limited in scope outside of exchanging informstion about symptoms and doctors to visit etc. I was wondering if the U.S offers such numbers and/or if they are National or state by state run if they do exist.

Yes, it is called the Emergency Room

Obammycare has a number with lots of highly paid reps sitting around doing nothing....all at gubment expense.
ma8a7mgsiqma1.png

In Ontario we have a toll free service which is government funded. Obviously limited in scope outside of exchanging information about symptoms and doctors to visit etc. I was wondering if the U.S offers such numbers and/or if they are National or state by state run if they do exist.

My health insurance has a number like that and we can do telemedicine for some more common things. My wife is an RN so in theory I could just ask her but that inevitably ends up with her screaming at me to go to a freaking doctor, so I refrain whenever possible. I guess when you spend all day with surgical ICU patients fighting for their lives you really don't want to hear your husband contemplate for an hour whether or not a freckle on his foot could be cancer.

Forum List

Back