DNC Sees Cindy McCain's Wealth as Fair Game

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Manuel, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,411
    Bobo, do you have a link that shows he's collected disability all along from social security? I've read that he's collected regular social security since he turned 65.

2. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311
    she does have pretty eyes. too old for my taste but, hey, Im sure mccain enjoys it. I hope I have a tasty blond around when im his age.

I dont care about her wealth any more than I did Kerrys wife. Im reminded of the SNL skit regarding Clinton's wealth.

3. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311
    And, as far as the disability.. It's not like that check is making or breaking him. I'd give it to him based on his 5 years as a POW alone. I bet he gives more money away each year than he collects from disability.

4. Shogun

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,311
    John McCain Discloses Data on His Charity Giving - Philanthropy.com

In 2007, the foundation provided a total of $78,250 to charities, including $25,000 to Operation Smile, which repairs facial abnormalities in children and young people, and $25,000 to the Halo Trust, which removes debris left behind after wars, especially land mines.

In 2006, recipients of the foundation’s $187,639 in total gifts included Brophy College Preparatory school, in Phoenix, $50,500; and Christ Lutheran School, in Phoenix, $42,639.

Mr. McCain’s campaign said he donates his royalties from his books to charities and that “this sum has totaled over $1,800,000 since 1998 when he signed his first book deal.” The campaign said his book income added up to $256,898 for 2006 and 2007.

The senator’s campaign also said that Mr. McCain has donated to charity a total of $450,000 since 1991— money he received from increases in his Senate salary — “because he opposed the Congressional pay increase at that time and pledged not to accept the pay raises.”

5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,241
    John McCain: On 100% Navy disability pension but fit enough for White House? | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

He got the 100% disability rating when he was released from the Hanoi Hilton, no?

"Tortured for his country," McCain senior advisor Mark Salter said tonight. "That is how he acquired his disability."

The McCains' net worth is over $150 million, but he's still accepting $58,000 a year from the US taxpayers, and has done for nearly 30 years?

If he collected at 65, that would make him 95?

6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,411
    Naval disability. I thought you meant disability from SS.

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,241
    but i was wrong about him collecting ever since he got released, because he might have been 25 at the time? and the article i posted said he has collected for 30 years. That would make him 55.

LOL.

No, you didn't call me a hypocrite, but someone before or after you did and you were sort of on their side.

Again and again, I am not against vets getting 100% disability. I'm against McCain voting against vets. And when today the government tries to give these kids really low ratings so they don't have to pay, and McCain got 100% because his dad was an admiral. McCain is an elitist if you ask me. He had powerful connections that got him into school, into fighter pilot school when his grades were poor, divorced his first wife when ross perot was paying his first wifes doctor bills, he was womanizing until he met Cindy, a multi millionaire that could bankroll him. If he and Bush aren't elitists, I don't know who is.

Just because they can talk to common folk, doesn't mean they aren't elitists.

And just because Obama speaks intelligently and went to Harvard, doesn't make him an elitist.

I hate this conversation.

LOL.

8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,241
    Here is where you called me hypocritical, but thats probably because you thought I was complaining because he gets it. I was not. I was complaining because he votes against other vets so they don't get it.

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,411
    I see where we went wrong. I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about posters like RGS and AllieBooHoo.

10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,411
    Oh, and the he I was talking about was McCain.

I should have written, I agree, he paid it he gets it. It is kind of hypocritical for McCain to rail against it, if he is, or to see many posters rail against government programs while taking the money, though.