DNC Sees Cindy McCain's Wealth as Fair Game

Bobo, do you have a link that shows he's collected disability all along from social security? I've read that he's collected regular social security since he turned 65.

I think she's pretty damned attractive for a woman of her age.

Great eyes.

she does have pretty eyes. too old for my taste but, hey, Im sure mccain enjoys it. I hope I have a tasty blond around when im his age.

I dont care about her wealth any more than I did Kerrys wife. Im reminded of the SNL skit regarding Clinton's wealth.

And, as far as the disability.. It's not like that check is making or breaking him. I'd give it to him based on his 5 years as a POW alone. I bet he gives more money away each year than he collects from disability.

John McCain Discloses Data on His Charity Giving - Philanthropy.com

In 2007, the foundation provided a total of $78,250 to charities, including $25,000 to Operation Smile, which repairs facial abnormalities in children and young people, and $25,000 to the Halo Trust, which removes debris left behind after wars, especially land mines.

In 2006, recipients of the foundation’s $187,639 in total gifts included Brophy College Preparatory school, in Phoenix, $50,500; and Christ Lutheran School, in Phoenix, $42,639.

Mr. McCain’s campaign said he donates his royalties from his books to charities and that “this sum has totaled over $1,800,000 since 1998 when he signed his first book deal.” The campaign said his book income added up to $256,898 for 2006 and 2007.

The senator’s campaign also said that Mr. McCain has donated to charity a total of $450,000 since 1991— money he received from increases in his Senate salary — “because he opposed the Congressional pay increase at that time and pledged not to accept the pay raises.”

Bobo, do you have a link that shows he's collected disability all along from social security? I've read that he's collected regular social security since he turned 65.

John McCain: On 100% Navy disability pension but fit enough for White House? | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

He got the 100% disability rating when he was released from the Hanoi Hilton, no?

"Tortured for his country," McCain senior advisor Mark Salter said tonight. "That is how he acquired his disability."

The McCains' net worth is over $150 million, but he's still accepting $58,000 a year from the US taxpayers, and has done for nearly 30 years?

If he collected at 65, that would make him 95?

but i was wrong about him collecting ever since he got released, because he might have been 25 at the time? and the article i posted said he has collected for 30 years. That would make him 55.

LOL.

No, you didn't call me a hypocrite, but someone before or after you did and you were sort of on their side.

Again and again, I am not against vets getting 100% disability. I'm against McCain voting against vets. And when today the government tries to give these kids really low ratings so they don't have to pay, and McCain got 100% because his dad was an admiral. McCain is an elitist if you ask me. He had powerful connections that got him into school, into fighter pilot school when his grades were poor, divorced his first wife when ross perot was paying his first wifes doctor bills, he was womanizing until he met Cindy, a multi millionaire that could bankroll him. If he and Bush aren't elitists, I don't know who is.

Just because they can talk to common folk, doesn't mean they aren't elitists.

And just because Obama speaks intelligently and went to Harvard, doesn't make him an elitist.

I hate this conversation.

LOL.

I agree, he paid it he gets it. It is kind of hypocritical to rail against it, if he is, or to see many posters rail against government programs while taking the money, though.

Here is where you called me hypocritical, but thats probably because you thought I was complaining because he gets it. I was not. I was complaining because he votes against other vets so they don't get it.

Here is where you called me hypocritical, but thats probably because you thought I was complaining because he gets it. I was not. I was complaining because he votes against other vets so they don't get it.

I see where we went wrong. I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about posters like RGS and AllieBooHoo.

Oh, and the he I was talking about was McCain.

I should have written, I agree, he paid it he gets it. It is kind of hypocritical for McCain to rail against it, if he is, or to see many posters rail against government programs while taking the money, though.

but i was wrong about him collecting ever since he got released, because he might have been 25 at the time? and the article i posted said he has collected for 30 years. That would make him 55.

LOL.

No, you didn't call me a hypocrite, but someone before or after you did and you were sort of on their side.

Again and again, I am not against vets getting 100% disability. I'm against McCain voting against vets. And when today the government tries to give these kids really low ratings so they don't have to pay, and McCain got 100% because his dad was an admiral. McCain is an elitist if you ask me. He had powerful connections that got him into school, into fighter pilot school when his grades were poor, divorced his first wife when ross perot was paying his first wifes doctor bills, he was womanizing until he met Cindy, a multi millionaire that could bankroll him. If he and Bush aren't elitists, I don't know who is.

Just because they can talk to common folk, doesn't mean they aren't elitists.

And just because Obama speaks intelligently and went to Harvard, doesn't make him an elitist.

I hate this conversation.

LOL.

i hope you didn't think I called you a hypocrite???? I was just expressing my opinion.... :( (plus on another board i participate on had a thread this morning on mccain's taking SS payments and fellow dems were bashing him for such....... so honestly, i may have carried my view of that thread over in to your statement in this thread unintentionally)

mccain's disability would not be social security, it would be a Disabled Veteran's benefit....not related to SS....fyi

care

i hope you didn't think I called you a hypocrite???? I was just expressing my opinion.... :( (plus on another board i participate on had a thread this morning on mccain's taking SS payments and fellow dems were bashing him for such....... so honestly, i may have carried my view of that thread over in to your statement in this thread unintentionally)

mccain's disability would not be social security, it would be a Disabled Veteran's benefit....not related to SS....fyi

care

THANKS. AND I THINK PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE TOO. IT'S MCCAIN'S VOTES THAT PISS ME OFF WHEN HE IS GETTING THE RED CARPET ROLLED OUT FOR HIMSELF. JERK. lol

tHANKS cARE4ALL. I also care for others besides myself.

When did he start collecting for his 100% disability? When he was released from the POW camp. He hadn't ever worked a day in his life.

And again, it isn't about McCain the POW. It's about McCain, the senator that votes against veterans.

You guys refuse to get it.

And you called me the hypocrite. Talk about projecting.
McCain did not vote against Veterans.
McCain voted against Democrats trying to use the Veterans to screw the American people.
Democrats use the Vets to steal! Can't get much lower than that!

Why did Diane Feinstein steal money for her Husband from wounded war Vets?

McCain voted against Democrats trying to use the Veterans to screw the American people.

You constantly have Zero to add to any discussion on this site...

Diane Feinstein stole money from wounded war Vets laying in a bed with their arms and legs missing. Some of them suffering from stress and wanting to commit suicide. Democrats are terrorists!

News & Culture in CA | Dianne Feinstein resigns
Senator exits MILCON following Metro exposé, vet-care scandal

By Peter Byrne

SEN. Dianne Feinstein has resigned from the Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee. As previously and extensively reviewed in these pages, Feinstein was chairperson and ranking member of MILCON for six years, during which time she had a conflict of interest due to her husband Richard C. Blum's ownership of two major defense contractors, who were awarded billions of dollars for military construction projects approved by Feinstein.

As MILCON leader, Feinstein relished the details of military construction, even micromanaging one project at the level of its sewer design. She regularly took junkets to military bases around the world to inspect construction projects, some of which were contracted to her husband's companies, Perini Corp. and URS Corp.

Perhaps she resigned from MILCON because she could not take the heat generated by Metro's expose of her ethics (which was partially funded by the Investigative Fund of the Nation Institute). Or was her work on the subcommittee finished because Blum divested ownership of his military construction and advanced weapons manufacturing firms in late 2005?

The MILCON subcommittee is not only in charge of supervising military construction, it also oversees "quality of life" issues for veterans, which includes building housing for military families and operating hospitals and clinics for wounded soldiers. Perhaps Feinstein is trying to disassociate herself from MILCON's incredible failure to provide decent medical care for wounded soldiers.

Two years ago, before the Washington Post became belatedly involved, the online magazine Salon.com exposed the horrors of deficient medical care for Iraq war veterans. While leading MILCON, Feinstein had ample warning of the medical-care meltdown. But she was not proactive on veteran's affairs.

Feinstein abandoned MILCON as her ethical problems were surfacing in the media, and as it was becoming clear that her subcommittee left grievously wounded veterans to rot while her family was profiting from the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan. It turns out that Blum also holds large investments in companies that were selling medical equipment and supplies and real estate leases—often without the benefit of competitive bidding—to the Department of Veterans Affairs, even as the system of medical care for veterans collapsed on his wife's watch.

As of December 2006, according to SEC filings and Welcome to FedSpending.org, three corporations in which Blum's financial entities own a total of $1 billion in stock won considerable favor from the budgets of the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs:

Boston Scientific Corporation: $17.8 million for medical equipment and supplies; 85 percent of contracts awarded without benefit of competition.

Kinetic Concepts Inc.: $12 million, medical equipment and supplies; 28 percent noncompetitively awarded.

CB Richard Ellis: The Blum-controlled international real estate firm holds congressionally funded contracts to lease office space to the Department of Veterans Affairs. It also is involved in redeveloping military bases turned over to the private sector.

You would think that, considering all the money Feinstein's family has pocketed by waging global warfare while ignoring the plight of wounded American soldiers, she would show a smidgeon of shame and resign from the entire Senate, not just a subcommittee. Conversely, you'd think she might stick around MILCON to try and fix the medical-care disaster she helped to engineer for the vets who were suckered into fighting her and Bush's panoply of unjust wars.

Don't know and don't care. She's not running for president of the free world.

And yes, McCain votes against vet's 80% and Obama votes for them 80% of the time. This INCLUDES 2000-2006 when the GOP was deciding what bills were and were not voted on. He is a liar, and you are not being honest.

Or are the veterain groups dumber than you when it comes to veteran affairs? You do claim that soldiers are bright, right? Ok, so then they give Obama a B+ and McCain a D. So are you now saying soldiers and veterans are dumb? Because they take EVERYTHING into account before rating these guys.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways, like your sexual orientation. LOL.

I have a friend at work who replies like WOW. He admits he is just playing devils advocate and when I nail him on an issue, he always falls back on stuff like what WOW says. Stupidity. LOL. Wow is right.:clap2:

WoW.. You do realize that your quote is a hit piece that even The Nation would not run... Byrne tried to pedal that piece to everyone under the sun then found the metro.. Byrne also insists the Feinstein resigned because of his investigative work even though she had resigned prior to any work being published... Media Matters - McClatchy article recycled weekly's claims against Feinstein without noting inaccuracy in report

Once again you show that you have nothing to add to either this site or the world in general....

Diane Feinstein stole money from wounded war Vets laying in a bed with their arms and legs missing. Some of them suffering from stress and wanting to commit suicide. Democrats are terrorists!

News & Culture in CA | Dianne Feinstein resigns
Senator exits MILCON following Metro exposé, vet-care scandal

By Peter Byrne

SEN. Dianne Feinstein has resigned from the Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee. As previously and extensively reviewed in these pages, Feinstein was chairperson and ranking member of MILCON for six years, during which time she had a conflict of interest due to her husband Richard C. Blum's ownership of two major defense contractors, who were awarded billions of dollars for military construction projects approved by Feinstein.

As MILCON leader, Feinstein relished the details of military construction, even micromanaging one project at the level of its sewer design. She regularly took junkets to military bases around the world to inspect construction projects, some of which were contracted to her husband's companies, Perini Corp. and URS Corp.

Perhaps she resigned from MILCON because she could not take the heat generated by Metro's expose of her ethics (which was partially funded by the Investigative Fund of the Nation Institute). Or was her work on the subcommittee finished because Blum divested ownership of his military construction and advanced weapons manufacturing firms in late 2005?

The MILCON subcommittee is not only in charge of supervising military construction, it also oversees "quality of life" issues for veterans, which includes building housing for military families and operating hospitals and clinics for wounded soldiers. Perhaps Feinstein is trying to disassociate herself from MILCON's incredible failure to provide decent medical care for wounded soldiers.

Two years ago, before the Washington Post became belatedly involved, the online magazine Salon.com exposed the horrors of deficient medical care for Iraq war veterans. While leading MILCON, Feinstein had ample warning of the medical-care meltdown. But she was not proactive on veteran's affairs.

Feinstein abandoned MILCON as her ethical problems were surfacing in the media, and as it was becoming clear that her subcommittee left grievously wounded veterans to rot while her family was profiting from the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan. It turns out that Blum also holds large investments in companies that were selling medical equipment and supplies and real estate leases—often without the benefit of competitive bidding—to the Department of Veterans Affairs, even as the system of medical care for veterans collapsed on his wife's watch.

As of December 2006, according to SEC filings and Welcome to FedSpending.org, three corporations in which Blum's financial entities own a total of $1 billion in stock won considerable favor from the budgets of the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs:

Boston Scientific Corporation: $17.8 million for medical equipment and supplies; 85 percent of contracts awarded without benefit of competition.

Kinetic Concepts Inc.: $12 million, medical equipment and supplies; 28 percent noncompetitively awarded.

CB Richard Ellis: The Blum-controlled international real estate firm holds congressionally funded contracts to lease office space to the Department of Veterans Affairs. It also is involved in redeveloping military bases turned over to the private sector.

You would think that, considering all the money Feinstein's family has pocketed by waging global warfare while ignoring the plight of wounded American soldiers, she would show a smidgeon of shame and resign from the entire Senate, not just a subcommittee. Conversely, you'd think she might stick around MILCON to try and fix the medical-care disaster she helped to engineer for the vets who were suckered into fighting her and Bush's panoply of unjust wars.

Who do you find more bangable. Cindy or Michelle?

My vote is Michelle, but Cindy is definately a cougar.

Forum List

Back