DNC Sees Cindy McCain's Wealth as Fair Game

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
Political Punch

CNN this week took a look at Cindy McCain's wealth this week, reporting that she "is not only a wife to Senator John McCain, she is also his meal ticket. Her reported 2006 income of more than $6 million exceeded her husband's earnings 16 times over. That money pays for a wealthy lifestyle of high end condos, an Arizona ranch, flying in a corporate jet, and more." The story quoted a writer from the Politico saying that her beer distributorship funded his first congressional campaign and has subsidized his presidential campaign.

I agree it's fair game. EVERYTHING that McCain or Obama has ever done, what their spouses have ever done...it's all fair game. Welcome to politics.

You guys need to lay off of Cindy.

She is a minority victim that has been abused by evil white men all of her precious life.

She deserves reparations like all minorities in America. :eusa_liar:

I agree it's fair game. EVERYTHING that McCain or Obama has ever done, what their spouses have ever done...it's all fair game. Welcome to politics.

unfortunate or not, that is true and reality. look how the GOP ripped kerry for his rich wife. i did not agree with it then, nor now. but i do see people's point, when you elect someone to office, you not only get them, you get their family. my counter argument is - well, when you apply for a job, you don't have to do this and in some states i believe it is illegal to inquire of such info.

The GOP ripped Kerry for his rich wife because he pretended to be of "the people" when he was just a money-grubbing elitist and had been all his life.

Other than that, who cares what they make? Are they not supposed to make money? Hell, if being poor is the preferred status for presidential candidates, is it too late for me to enter the race? I would win hands down.....

The GOP ripped Kerry for his rich wife because he pretended to be of "the people" when he was just a money-grubbing elitist and had been all his life.

Other than that, who cares what they make? Are they not supposed to make money? Hell, if being poor is the preferred status for presidential candidates, is it too late for me to enter the race? I would win hands down.....

Go for it--it's not too late--I need someone to vote for anyway--may as well be you. Do you promise to change some stuff and keep some other stuff the same?

so because kerry fell in love with and married a wealthy woman, he can no longer be "for the people?"

No, I'll spend all my time on this message board and allowing things to pile up....

It's a stupid question. I didn't say anything like that, and it doesn't deserve an answer.

you said the GOP ripped kerry for trying to be of "the people" when all he is is a money grubbing ass who married a rich person.

my question simply asked whether YOU believe that.

It's tacky when they do it to the Dems, and it's tacky when they do it to McCain.

Of course knowing the sources of income of some political positions is perfectly okay, but once we know that, we don't need to have picture of what it means painted for us.

His wife is worth $100M?

Okay, I can assume for myself that his lifestyle probably reflects that, thank you very much.

Cindy McCain's father was a convicted felon in business with a mob boss who had a reporter killed in the 1970's. That is where the money came from that Cindy used to finance John McCain's political career.

U.S. Politics - Topics - Cindy McCain's father was all mobbed up.... a two time loser with a stretch in the Big House to his credit

This should matter why? Are to hold everyone to account for the actions of their father? Or better yet their father in law?

what a joke.

This should matter why? Are to hold everyone to account for the actions of their father? Or better yet their father in law?

what a joke.

This matters because Cindy McCain will not release her tax returns from that period. If she used mob money to finance John's campaigns that would matter greatly.

Believe me, if this were Obama's wife, FauxNews and Rush would be bellowing like stuck pigs!

It's tacky when they do it to the Dems, and it's tacky when they do it to McCain.

Of course knowing the sources of income of some political positions is perfectly okay, but once we know that, we don't need to have picture of what it means painted for us.

His wife is worth $100M?

Okay, I can assume for myself that his lifestyle probably reflects that, thank you very much.

reflects what? and what does that mean? thank you very much......

This matters because Cindy McCain will not release her tax returns from that period. If she used mob money to finance John's campaigns that would matter greatly.

Believe me, if this were Obama's wife, FauxNews and Rush would be bellowing like stuck pigs!

of course you have prove of this....and don't start about the MSM treats candidates....i'm sure obama gets nothing....right

you said the GOP ripped kerry for trying to be of "the people" when all he is is a money grubbing ass who married a rich person.

my question simply asked whether YOU believe that.

No, that wasn't your question.
And "of the people" and "for the people" are two different things, dearie.
Kerry was disengenuous. That's why he got ripped. He tried to hide the fact that he's an elitist, and he got slammed for it.

McCain's never hid his wife in the closet.

I kind of think it's silly. But I will say I don't recall anyone on teh right holding back from going after Theresa Heinz Kerry.

Oh right...it's that rightwingnut double standard.

Forum List

Back